CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Not Dead (Yet)


Amy said I should update my blog and tell you all that I'm not dead. Well, I'm not. Even though I wish I were.

So Saturday night Marcelo had a REALLY late futbol game. We are talking 11:30 pm!! That's when it started! And he went! That's how dedicated my man is to his sport. Anyway, when he came home he wasn't ready to go go bed but I was. So I asked him to come in and check on me at some time during the night, you know to make sure I hadn't choked and died in my own vomit.

Well, I fell asleep and the next thing I know, I see him standing over me!! Nearly scared the baby right out of me!! He said that the blanket was over my face and he wanted to make sure I was still breathing. I guess I can't get mad because I asked him to do it, but he didn't have to HOOVER over me and scare me! It was funny, anyway.

Oh and to answer Mindy's question, I sleep on my side. I think I would be dead already if I tried to sleep on my back. But I'll roll around a lot, so who knows if I stay on my side the whole time. I try to put a pillow between my legs to support my back and (because it's a long pillow) I can get it under my belly too. Anyway, It's very very hard to sleep, especially with all the choking and vomiting.

Oh, and at the risk of TMI, I have a new symptom: diarrhea. For the past 48 hours, I've had diarrhea everytime I go to the bathroom. *Some* people say that this is because my body is preparing to have a baby. But I think it's just telling me that it hates me. Anyway, I'm not doing too well these days. I just sit and update my blog and try not to poop my pants. And if you are wondering if I'm having cramping with the diarrhea, the answer is no. It's just a "flojo" stomach so that's why I don't think it's indicative of a baby coming anytime soon.

Anyway, let's move away from my bodily functions, ok? So Last night, as I'm trying to go back to sleep between the trips to the bathroom and the choking, I realized that I'm only sleeping for a few hours every night. And then at 5 am Marcelo walks in and wakes me up. I asked him what he was doing, and he said he was going to the gym. He then told me that he was just watching me sleep this morning for about 10 minutes and that it was really scary for him. He actually said, " You HAVE to have the baby this week. You are really scaring me. Just tell your doctor that you want to have the baby"

Well!! I guess that's it! If Marcelo tells me I have to tell my doctor to have this baby tomorrow, Well that should get everything going, right? If only my doctor could hear me sleep, then I'm sure he would do it tomorrow. Let's all pray that he takes some misericordia on me and gets this thing going ASAP. I'm actually feeling very calm about this. I still wish I could wait and go into labor on my own, but I don't think that's an option now. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, I'm going to have a ROCKIN' Memorial Day. When my family came to town last summer, we had a BBQ at my house and I made these AMAZING ribs. They cooked for hours, and finished up with being BBQ'd on the grill. They were like melt off the bone awesome. And I've decided to make them again. I'm really looking forward to it. Let's hope that will dry me up in the "bowel" area.

I'll let you know if my doctor is kind to me tomorrow. I may have a baby ASAP. We'll see.

Happy Memorial Day, Everyone!!!

1 comments:

anderson.fam said...

Hi Ali, well, we made it into town, sorry to hear you're not doing so well. We'll be here til Friday. I hope you have your baby soon, then all the yuck goes away. Yes, to be replaced by breastfeeding, poopie diapers, crying, etc, but hey! It's all good!