CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

This is it!!

The next time we talk, I will have a baby in my arms. Well, maybe not in my arms, but maybe watching me from his/her car seat as I type and try to recover from a sore ooni.

I went to the Doctor today at 2 pm and he checked my oil. And guess what? I'M COMPLETELY CLOSED UP!! Not even open a LITTLE bit. He said that because of my blood pressure history and the fact that I'm already 4o weeks and 3 days gone, there really isn't a reason to wait. (By the time I do have the baby tomorrow, I will be 40 weeks and 4 days.) He said, "let's just do this."

So tonight they are going to put some cream on my cervix and see if that "softens" me up. I have to wait 12 hours, and then he'll come and start my induction tomorrow morning. The sad thing is that I won't be able to get up and move after they put on the cervix cream! So starting in about 1 hour, I'm going to be strapped to a bed until I deliver this little watermelon.

Oh, I have so much still to do!! But I just keep putting it off and hoping that time will stop so I can take one more shower. (I'm currently updating my blog and watching the "E! True Hollywood Story" that's on TV right now) Oh well. I'll just have to put makeup on myself using photo shop.

Anyway, Wish me luck. I don't think I'm ready to do this, but I don't think I have a choice now, do I? And if anyone wants to come and sneak me in an Oreo milkshake sometime, I'll be at the Orem Community Hospital on 400 North and 400 West. See you soon!!

10 comments:

Doug, Jen & the boys said...

Of course you are ready! You are going to do an amazing job! I can't wait to meet your new little baby!!! I'm dying to find out if it's a boy or a girl. I'm sure not quite as badly as you are. ;) I will be thinking of you all day tomorrow!!! I can't wait to hear the news. You will do great!!!

Amy said...

Woah! Congrats, Alicia!! Good luck with everything! I can't wait to hear what your new little baby is so I can do some SHOPPING!!

Oh, and if you can't get around to updating the blog soon--make sure you make Marcelo do it. I'm going to be dying with anticipation. (I'm in California right now...no Oreo shake from me, dang it.)

Beth said...

Congratulations, Alicia! Well, congratulations pretty soon, hopefully. :-) I hope everything goes smoothly -- can't wait for pictures!

I was 40 weeks 4 days with Logan, too. :-)

Reggs said...

hello! I have some pictures of Alicia's baby on my blog, if you'd like to stop by and visit!
www.thedicksoncircus.blogspot.com
I am sure she'll post some more up on here, too!

Danika said...

Read this, checked the pics on Reagan's blong and love it, love it, LOVE it! What a little darling and what HAIR!!! Before having a baby I always wondered why people made such a big deal about babies with tons of hair but now I get it. I'll bet you're just loving stroking all that hair when you cuddle with her. Awe!!!

Katrina said...

Welcome home! You will feel better - I swear! It will take a little bit to get around, don't feel like you need to rush around, and remember that raising kids is intuitive enough to keep them alive. You'll do great, but just start out slow and easy! Read up on how to do girl's hair though!

Alyssa said...

Oh good luck. . .there is nothing like the moment you get to hold your baby for the first time!

Beth said...

YAAAAY!!!

Congratulations, Alicia! You have one darling little girl (LOVE her hair and her cheeks in the pictures from Reagan's blog!). And yes, you pretty much rock at giving birth, it sounds like.

Can't wait to here all the details (and the name!)

Amy said...

Congrats!!!! Holy LUCKY!!! 6 PUSHES?!?! So not fair. That's awesome. Alright! You had a girl and with HAIR--that's the best. Well, I have plenty of stuff to give you. New and otherwise. Can't wait to hear her name...

Mindalynn said...

Yay!! Congratulations, Alicia!! Apparently six pushes is a good thing (I wouldn't know), but I'm VERY glad to hear that everything went smoothly!