I have many talents. Sometimes I get down on myself and I have a pity party with myself and I feel sorry for myself. But other times, I'm very proud of my life accomplishments and the things I've done in my 27 years. Here are some of my talents:
* I'm a good friend. I'm crazy loyal to those that I love. I would happily give my true friends one my kidneys or even one of my bladders!!
* I'm pretty dang funny sometimes. Often I think that I'm a lot funnier than I really am. But everyone once in a while someone will throw me a bone and laugh at one of my jokes. And then sometimes I'll say something that I only think is moderately funny, and it will make another person howl with laughter until tears come out of their eyes. Go figure!
* I think I'm a good listener. When I'm not distracted that is. Like right now, I'm updating my blog, and Marcelo is watching a MLS game and he keeps trying to ask me questions. I'm CLEARLY not paying attention, and I keep having to ask him to repeat his question. He gets frustrated by that. But I make no promise of attentiveness when I'm CLEARLY preoccupied with things like blogging, or reading or watching TV. Why hasn't he learned this after nearly 4 years? Crazy Latino guy!
And finally, the subject of this blog:
* I'm a FINDER. I cannot REST until I find something that I've lost. Sometimes, if it takes days to find that item, I will have dreams about finding it, and I'll wake up happy until I realize that it was only a dream and then I'll start searching again. I search the same places over and over again, even if I've already looked there and I KNOW they aren't there.
So what did I loose? I lost the CD with ALL my wedding pictures. I had it at the office because I was mailing something from there like more than a year ago, and for some reason, I never took it home. But I finally did a few months ago. So today, I was reading Amy's Blog (I would put a link to it here, but she's one of those "Elitist" bloggers that makes hers invite only. YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON SOME GOOD COMMENTS AMY!! THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING!! I kid) So on Amy's blog she had posted one of those question and answer posts that she had seen on Beths' blog. (Link here)
Anyway, I decide it might be a fun blog post and so I decide to get my picture CD so I have pictures to put on the blog. I go to our "junk drawer" in our kitchen and look for where I'm SURE I've put it after bringing it home from the office. It's not there. I clean out the drawer, look under everything, still not there. Panic sets in. I know KNOW KNOW that I've brought it home from the office. However, I know that there is nothing written on the CD cover or even on the CD!! What if Marcelo in his cleaning haste has thrown it away because he doesn't know what it is?
Then my mind starts to think, "if I had it in my possession right now, where WOULD I put it?" and then I go look in those places. I did that. And I look in those places 2 or three times. And then I started looking in weird places. I won't tell you all the places I looked, but let's just say my kitchen cabinet with the drinking glasses was covered. Like I said, I get CRAZY when I can't find something.
Krista, Melanie and Carolina will remember the time I HAD to find Carolina's keys that she had accidentally thrown in the dumpster at our place down in Provo. I was in that dumpster for almost 45 minutes looking through people's trash. Carolina actually told me SEVERAL times to give it up, because she didn't want me to catch the clap from the dumpster. But like I said, I'M A FINDER!! I FIND THINGS!!! I wouldn't let it go until I had found them. I knew that they were in there, and I wasn't going to rest until I opened every bag if necessary. (It wasn't' necessary, thank heavens)
Another something that helps me is re-tracing my steps. I also did that this time and said, "Ok, I know it left the office. I know it was in my purse in my car. Did I bring it inside?" When I couldn't answer that question with 100% certainty, I knew that the car was the next place I wanted to look. Luckily we were going to church right then (Yes, we were late for church because I HAD to look for the CD) so I got in the passenger's side of my car so I could look around.
You might have guessed from the light tone of this blog that I did in fact find it. It was in the pocket behind the driver's seat. It was so satisfying to find it. It's like lost and found ZILLS. (if you don't know what Zills is, I'll have to write a blog about it. For now, just know it's a very satisfying feeling deep down in your belly)
But after blogging about my talents as a FINDER, I am FINDING that I don't have time to do that wedding blog post that started this whole thing. I'll do it tomorrow.
Your happy finder here wishes you well this evening!!
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Talented
Posted by Ali at 10:42 PM
Labels: A funny thing happened, Confessions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yay!! I am looking forward to your wedding post! I'm so glad you found your CD. Now find a Sharpie and label that baby. ;-)
I think you are hilarious. Amy always said it: "Funniest BAHAMA." Maybe that's not saying much (I know lots and lots of people funnier than me, for instance.) But still. That does not negate your funniness.
I loved reading the whole story of how you found your CD.
And P.S.: add "writes good blog posts" to your list of talents. You always write so conversationally, and I like that, and you always write something interesting, and I like that, too.
Too true, Beth! Bingerang always was the funniest of BAHAMAs. I miss your humor, Alicia--and I'm glad I can read your blog now that I've found it!
I too, go crazy when something is lost...but unfortunately am not as dedicated to finding it as you are. Olivia lost her ipod like 3 days after she got it for Christmas. I kept thinking "it'll turn up" especially with moving - I thought for sure we would find it. BUT, we never did. What should we do about that? EEEWW it still bugs me.
And yes, I remember the dumpster dive for the keys. You are amazingly talented, I have to agree. I wouldn't have even tried.
YAH AMY, you are missing my awesome comments because I TOO am blocked from your world! Come unite with the dark side and go public.
Alicia you are very multi-talented. You are loyal, you are kind, (you have a filter unlike SOME people we're both thinking of), you are patient, you are MOTIVATED (mission, degree, pregnancy). In many ways I admire you and in many ways you'll never know how much I admire and adore you.
Furthermore, I need you to come be my finder. I lose crap all the time, and that's because I am a trash can addict. I see something that looks like its trash, I throw it away. After Christmas I throw away all the wrapping paper, bows, stuff i'm sure i'll buy again next year. I've lost tons of stuff just because I throw away things. Allen just loves that about me. (sense my sarcasm).
What is the wedding blog? Can't wait!
i'll add my amen to your talentedness. you are pretty amazing, so there's no reason to ever be down on yourself. why have i never heard the dumpster story? probably because it made me throw up a little. sickening! hey, not many more days of Devil Wears Prada, huh? i'm so pumped for you!
I could sure use your talents to find a Christmas ornament (--that we bought specifically AFTER Christmas so we could get it 75% off and enjoy it the NEXT year. Then we couldn't find it.), our LED flashlight, our marshmallow roasters (another of those buy it on sale and put it away for later and when later arrived--last weekend--we couldn't find it). I even have incentive for you--a travel baby swing--FOR FREE if you find our stuff!
Well, okay--it's yours even if you don't look for anything. It's a little broken (lop-sided)...but we used that way too and it was still a LIFE-SAVER!!
The dumpster story is sick. And hilarious.
And you ARE the funniest BAHAMA. What I remember most about you is laughing until I cried every night at dinner. You've still got that touch.
I'm going to have to write a blog about people (Lisa) talking to me when I am writing an email or on the phone. I'm disabled as it is (I am a man and therefore cannot multi-task)but somehow my wife is convinced that I can talk and remember that I need to pick the boys up on the 25th at 3:15.
I think I get most annoyed when SHE is annoyed because I didn't listen...or whatever. Good stuff Alicia, I love your wit.
Post a Comment