I know that many of you don't really give a crap that I was out of town for a week. But I know that some of you DO!! And that makes me SOOOO happy. And loved. Know what else made me feel loved when I was gone? Marcelo. He called me all the time. At least once a day, and most times more. Finally on like Tuesday I said, "do you miss me or something?" and he said, "YES! I thought it would be cool having the house to myself. But it's boring being just me and Raya."
He loves me!! He missed me! He missed me so much, he offered to come pick me up from the airport. Reagan was going to come and do it, and I think she was kind of upset that Marcelo was missing me and volunteered to come get me. Anyway, it was nice to be missed.
And what did I do on my vacation? NOTHING!! And that's just how I wanted it to be. I *would* break down what I did day by day, but it was the same every day. And it went like this:
7:00 am -Wake up
8:00 am- Have my first breakfast. Usually consisting of about 3 bowls of cereal.
Lay on couch. Chat with Judd. Laugh hysterically until I cry
11:00 am-Realize I'm sweating horribly and decide it's time for some Tropical Otter Pops. I eat about 12-15 of them. That is the second breakfast.
Go back to laying on couch. Watch her child destroy her house. Watch Barney videos until nap time.
Eat more Otter Pops
1:00 pm-When nap time is over, we go and get food. It most likely involves fries and an Oreo milkshake. It's lovely.
3:00 pm-Back to laying on the couch laughing my guts out. Watching more Barney and watching her child destroy more of the house.
5:30 pm- My naptime. On Judd's bed. I love naps
7:30 pm-Parmenter gets home. He makes no comments about how Judd has let the child destroy the house, and she hasn't done a single dish or washed a single article of clothing. I really REALLY want Marcelo to be that kind and understanding on those "special" days. But I know that won't always be the case. And who knows? Maybe Parmenter was being on his "Good" behavior since I was there. But I don't think so. I'm sure that he's like that always. He's SOOO calm and cool all the time. I bet he could walk in to his house on fire and still just be calm and cool.
7:45 pm- Eat another 45 Otter Pops
8:00 pm-Judd apologizes once again about the fact that we haven't done anything. I tell her again that I don't care
We spend the next few hours talking about the mission, about members and missionaries that were in love with us (ok, mostly with her, but I had one or two here and there) And catching up on our families. It's ridiculous how much we know about the lives of each other. And it was awesome to just have the time to sit and enjoy conversation without having to worry about having to be somewhere in a few minutes.
12:00 am-We finally go to bed. I feel badly because i know that her baby will be up in a few hours.
You need to know that Judd wouldn't let me pick up anything, or pay for anything. She was diligent about making sure that her baby didn't dive bomb me and end up jumping on my head or belly. (Her baby REALLY wanted to be crawling across my belly all the time). She wouldn't let me help her bring in groceries or do her dishes. I felt like I needed to "earn my keep" but she wouldn't let me!!
THAT'S what I'm talking about! I didn't know someone could be so nice to pregnant women. At my office I'm instructed to move desks and carry files and bend over all the time. No one cares that I'm pregnant, and if I were to groan from belly pain, I'm sure I would have someone take it out on me because they were pissed at being reminded again that I'm pregnant. Judd is like the best caretaker anyone could every ask for. She's what my mom SHOULD be. Instead of trying to get me to cut down to 1 egg and 1 piece of toast, she tells me that I should make my value meal a large so I get the big fries. Love love LOVE her.
And Judd is a great mom. Her little girl is suffering some pretty hard urology problems, and she takes 5 days to dote on her friend from out of town. I give Judd some serious credit for keeping her cool with possible Darby surgery on the horizon. (You would too if you knew her meticulous and worrying tendencies). But honestly, she's taking this all in stride and doing so well. With company!! Who does nothing but watch her TV and eat all her Otter Pops.
But we had some freaking great times doing nothing. I really did laugh so hard I cried. And Judd laughed so hard she almost wet her pants. THAT'S what I'm talking about! And I didn't say this to Judd before I left but I was so jealous of how much she and her husband cuddled and snuggled together. I'm not "cuddle" size right now and Marcelo and I can't both fit on the couch. Judd and her husband can fit on ONE couch and they are so freaking cute. Alicia=jealous
Anyway, I loved being able to take naps whenever I wanted and read the book Reagan loaned me, "The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy". TANGENT: I find the book informative, but SUPER biased. Like the author says that you should take your time, sleep whenever you want, and why risk doing something that MIGHT hurt your baby? (like exercise) And then she goes off about how dying your hair *probably* wouldn't' do anything. She says the jury is still out on weather the toxins will do anything to your baby. Some say that it will, others say that it won't. But she doesn't care becuase she's not going to give up her weekly dye job. It just seems that she's conservative and cautious when it comes to pregnancy only when it doesn't disturb her vanity. TANGENT OVER
I am glad to be home, but I wish Judd lived closer. Or I lived closer to her. Well, actually it's better because we would probably never get anything done if we lived close to each other. I guess it's just good to go and see your best friends once in a while, and not all the time. You know, so that laundry and dishes can be done SOMETIME!
And finally, I was really happy to get home to Raya and Marcelo. And walk around in my underwear. For some reason Judd and Parmenter always got really uncomfortable when I took off my pants and walked around in just my chones. Seriously, what gives? Just kidding. But I do miss the Otter Pops. I'm going to have to get my own box soon.
I'm back!! Be prepared for frequent hilarity now that I'm here again!
I miss you Judd!
Friday, May 2, 2008
I'm back! Let the rejoicing begin!
Posted by Ali at 8:07 PM
Labels: Lobsters, My Favorite Things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Alicia, you are so freakin' heel-arious! Congrats on making it through the pregnancy, do you know what you're having? Any names? Don't you hate hearing the same questions asked over and over again? And those sucks who approach you and fondel your belly? Good times!
Love the blog, love the stories.
We're coming up to Utah the end of the month. You may be having your baby at that time, so good luck! Hi Marcelo! Remember us? I think you liked Chris' movie collection back at our Orem basement crapartment. It's been like 3 years!
oh, my lovely and missed Bingaling! i want you to come back and live with me forever. i had such a good time with you. i don't laugh with anyone like i do with you. and i'm just can't find anyone with whom i am so comfortable! and, i feel like a total jackass because i didn't offer you my bed. Frankie said, "Hillary, why didn't we give Bingham our bed?" and i said, "well, i thought of it, but i didn't want to offer your bed. if it had just been mine, she'd have been in it, but i didn't know how you would feel." he said, "hillary, we made a pregnant girl sleep on an air mattress. on the floor. on an air mattress on the floor." i'm sorry! i needed your visit so much and am so thankful you came here. i am so bummed out now that you are gone. you are the perfect guest---content just to hang out in my boring living room and stomach Barney videos. you'll be glad to know that i got my dishes done the afternoon that you left me. i just couldn't stay away from your hilarity long enough to do stupid old dishes, you know? i miss you so much. i was trying to tell Frankie how much i adore you and all i could get out was, "Frankie, she's just my bosom friend." like i'm Anne of Green Gables or something. anyway, thanks so much for coming to see me and for being my best friend ever.
I'm so glad you had a great time with Judd. i can't wait to meet her.
P.S. I wasn't mad that marcelo picked you up from the airport. I just thought it was strange that he drove up from Provo to SLC to Draper when I could have just taken your car straight to the airport. Just trying to make things easy!
I was just reading the comments and was really confused over who this Hillary person was. (Turns out that maybe Judd is not the name she typically goes by, it being a surname. And her being married to boot. Ohhhhhhhh.) LOL
Your vacation sounds blissful! I'm glad you had such a good time. (Hilarious post, by the way. I definitely remember your fondness of Otter Pops. I think of you every time I have one!)
Yes, there are many names for the person I went to see last week. Judd is what I will usually call her. Her Real name is Hillary Claire Judd Parmenter. Good family and friends call her Hil. Sorry about all the confusion.
Also, JUDD!!! You do NOT have to worry about not giving me your bed. You were sooooo nice to me, the perfect hostess as always. You didn't care that I would eat a million Otter Pops and looked like trash all the time. You didn't mind when I went out to Barnes and Noble in my fleece PJ pants and no make-up. (I actually didn't wear make-up any day but Sunday.) And you STILL wet out with me!
And I SHOULD'VE done your dishes secretly when you were in the shower. But I was afraid you would come and get mad at me for doing them. AND I was afraid that I wouldn't do them right and you would go behind me and do them again. Like I would use the baby's bottle brush and you have a STRICT "no using the baby's bottle brush on the Rice Krispy bowls" and then you would be forced to go out and buy another brush. I didn't want to force you to buy anything else on my behalf, seeing is how the whole weekend was a "pamper Bingham" weekend.
Anyway, I would do it again in a second! Next time I promise to wear make-up more than 1 day in 5. The fleece pants however? I make no promises about those.
Dang I'm so bummed I missed you being here!! I just got back last night. Sounds like you had a blast though doing nothing, you definitely deserved it! Only a few more weeks until you have a little one! I'm so excited for you!
Post a Comment