Can you believe that my due date is 2 weeks away? Exactly 2 weeks away people!! I really REALLY didn't feel very prepared until today. For some reason, my shower wasn't very fruitful. I mean, I love the stuff I got, and I appreciate everything I was given, but not to many people came. So I really didn't get even the BASIC things that I needed.
I looked on Holly's registry (Holly is my VT companion) and I saw that she got like EVERYTHING she registered for. I was going to get her something, but she's got everything already!! (I'll just end up getting her a gift card, and let her get the stuff she needs but didn't KNOW she needed before the baby came). Anyway, I was just so shocked that she got so much off her registry. I got maybe TWO things and so I just figured that's they way things roll with registries here in Utah.
Well, so as you all know, I'm just so freaking worried about my house selling. I won't go into the nighttime sleep teeth grinding (yes, it's happening every night. I wake up with my teeth noticeably sore) or the bloody noses from the stress. Anyway, because, I know that many of you know that I'm just not really into baby time.
Not that I'm not SUPER excited about the baby, but I just feel like it can't come until the home sells. But this baby is coming weather I'm ready for it or not. And today, I'm a little more ready for it. Andy why is that? Because I have a TOTALLY amazing friend named Reagan.
I'm not kidding when I say that Reagan has given me about 1 million dollars of free stuff. We are talking a crib, stroller, Boppy, swing, TWO baby carriers, books, clothes. . . Should I go on? Seriously, hundreds and hundreds of dollars of stuff. And most of it she just GAVE to me!! Like she's planning on never having a kid again, or something!
The other reason that I'm feeling a little more calm today is because we went to Target and got all the stuff that I didn't get from my shower. Who knew that $100 of stuff would bring me such a calm mind? If I had known that, I would've done this weeks ago!!
Anyway, so some people are wondering how the pregnancy is coming and how I'm feeling. I'm doing well. The baby is kicking REALLY hard these days. Sometimes in the same place for a long time. I actually thought they were contractions until I talked to Reagan and my doctor and they both said the TIGHTNESS would be all over, not just on one side.
So on Monday, I'm going to the doctor for my next to last visit (before my due date, that is) and he'll check me again DOWN THERE. I think now is the time to get a bikini wax if I ever were to get one. But we don't have the money to do it, and I'm too lazy to call around and find the cheapest place to do it. But he'll check me and I'll let you know how it's all coming along.
Wanna know something sad? I REALLY wanted this post to be interesting, and like a baby update and info about that. But it's just boring!! I'm boring myself as I type it! LAAAAME!! I think it's because I don't really have any baby info to report. Not dilated, not effaced, no contractions, no nothing. I wish I had something more interesting to report on the baby scene.
As far as work news goes, I am VERY excited to realize that I only have 1 week (5 work days) to go!! I wonder if they will go slow or fast. I thought this last week would go slowly, but it actually went fast. I think that it's going fast because of the house thing (not to beat a dead horse). So every day it doesn't sell, makes me more nervous and more nervous for the next day to end without an offer. But I only have 5 days to go until I'm free. Poor Jamie, she's trapped. (just like they want it)
And finally, Lynn forwarded this to me.
I laughed and immediately thought of Judd. So this is for her. Oh, and I'm going to share one of Judd's "dirty little secrets": SHE'S OBSESSED WITH THE SHOW GOLDEN GIRLS. Loves it forever, and will always love it. Has the whole series on DVD. We are talking serious devotion for a show that went of the air when she was 12 years old.
The day after she got home from her mission, I called her to chat and I said, "how are you, are you still freaked out about being home and it all being so weird?" and she said, "oh my gosh, Bing, it was heaven. Sleeping in my own bed, watching Golden Girls until I fell asleep and then not having to wear shoes in the shower the next morning"
See how cool she is? The first thing that she does when she gets home is catch an episode of GG's. I guess as far as secrets go, liking a wholesome show like Golden Girls isn't as dirty and tawdry as others. Sorry I told your secret, Judd!! I love you! And so does Betty White. Rose loves everyone. Except those who give her S**T. OHHHH!! What if I named my baby girl Rose? That would rock.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
She's Having a Baby!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment