CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Cheesecake and Jelly Beans


Reagan's brother Joel (Blog link on my sidebar) has a section of his blog called "Eagles and Pigeons" where he talks about things that rock, that he loves (eagles) and things that stink (pigeons). I am a little more calorie focused, so I have titled my email today "Cheesecake and Jelly Beans." Because I LOVE cheesecake and I hate jelly beans. Jelly beans are the rabbit turds of candy. Especially the generic brand of jelly beans. Blech!

Anyway, I was thinking about some things I love and some things I hate these days. So I'm going to talk about them now.

Cheesecake: Baby showers. I totally appreciate the baby shower Krista gave me, and the baby shower Reagan and Lisa gave me too!! Reagan had this great idea where all the guests would decorate a Onesie for my little one. They say really cute things like "I look like Alicia" and "Rock the Cradle of Love." I have like a million Onesies now and I don't worry anymore about my baby being naked. THANK YOU SO MUCH REAGAN AND LISA AND ALL THOSE WHO CAME TO MY SHOWER AND MADE A ONESIE!!

Jelly Bean: Thinking you are going to wet your pants, so you dash to the bathroom only to pee 1 1/2 teaspoons of urine. What is up with that? I would think that if to the point of bursting, there should be more than a trickle coming out. Dang baby pushing on my bladder!!

Cheesecake: Having good food at baby showers. I always look forward to the food at baby showers. The worst is when there is NO food, or the food has one of the following things in it: beans, mayonnaise, bananas or custard. Lisa was in charge of the food for this shower and she NAILED it. Seriously she hit a home run. She made some AWESOME chicken salad, but she made it with plain yogurt instead of mayo. IT WAS AWESOME. (By the way, Reagan, I will come and take some of that chicken salad off your hands. I know you don't like it without the mayo) Anyway, the chicken salad on a croissant was awesome. There was also watermelon and a cheese ball with crackers. Honestly, this food was just what I wanted. Lisa=Rocking

Jelly bean: Not being able to breathe in the middle of the night. I have a very bad situation going on right now. While my snoring as always been bad, I've started choking on my soft palate at night. I will breathe in through my nose, and then I try to breathe out my mouth, but the palate will lock down and not allow me to do that. I'll try to do it again and when I can't, I'll start to panic. It's really bad.

And now we have a new problem: the vomiting. After I have started choking on my own throat, then I start coughing. And then I throw up. You should know that ALL these things happen while I'm DEAD asleep. All of a sudden, I'll wake up with vomit bits INSIDE THE BACK OF MY THROAT. I'll get up, run to the bathroom and continue to vomit until my stomach is all clean and the bathroom sink is clogged with my stomach contents.

Last night I was vomiting and coughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath between retches. I would retch, and then GASP in to get air, and before I could get all the air I needed, I would puke again. I totally started to panic!! What if I die? What if I can't get air? What if I aspirate my vomit? Marcelo is in the other room, he won't hear me (and he didn't hear this whole ordeal) so I could die right there in the sink with my stomach sick swimming around me.

I'm actually terrified to go to bed tonight. I don't want to go to sleep, I'm so scared about what can happen, but if I stay awake, then there is no nighttime vomit. SCARY. But this will be a problem, seeing how it's 10:49 right now and I'm nodding off already and typing this with my eyes closed.

Cheesecake: I'm going to have a baby next week. I'm going to explain the breathing/vomiting thing to my doctor and tell him that this pregnancy is starting to get dangerous. I know he won't have a problem inducing me, he nearly did it last week but I asked him to wait one more week. I know, I was stupid, but I had a shower to go to!!! Anyway, I really am fine during the day, but the night scares me. So I think it's officially time. DING!! time to go.

I'm sure I will have more installments of "Cheesecake and Jelly Beans" in the future. You will just have to wait for it!! Oh, the suspense!

2 comments:

Mindalynn said...

Yikes! That sounds really seriously awful! And it does sound dangerous. Does that happen no matter what position you lay in? Do you even have more than one position you can sleep in (I know nothing about pregnancy--forgive my ignorance.) I know sleep apnea is usually worse on your back...maybe you should try raising the head of your bed on blocks, or just propping up with pillows? I dunno--just be careful! And I hope it all gets better soon.

P.S. You're right about the jelly beans--blech!

Amy said...

I like the cheesecake and jellybeans idea--except it's going to make me hungry every time I read about it. And I'd have to do something like chocolate and...and...hmmmm...I can't think of any food item I don't like right now. NO WAIT! My love would have to be Traci's Peanut Butter cup!

Anyway, I'd be scared to sleep, too. That sounds terrible! Do you get to go to the doctor soon? Uh, and an update would be great so we know you made it through the night!