I love reading. I read all the time. However, sometimes when I get into a REALLY good book, I will put off reading it because I don't want ti to be over. Do you do that?
With the last Harry Potter book, I really didn't want it to end. Because I knew it would be the last book ever, and I just didn't want it to be final. So I would put it down and then pick it up and put it down and fight with myself and then pick it up. It's so weird.
I'm currently doing that with the book I'm reading.
What are some other weird quirks of mine? I love long showers. I could stay in the shower for hours. Just standing under the hot water and staying warm. That's what I love. I like showers more than baths, because baths sometimes make me light-headed when I stand up after being in them too long.
Also, I never buy myself new clothes. Marcelo has SO many clothes. Probably twice or 3 times the amount of clothes I have. He has much nicer shoes then me, and much nicer everything. I don't know why I don't just get myself some new clothes.
Weird quirk: I think that my baby looks like the alien baby from Men in Black. The first one. This is the only picture I can find to remind you what I'm talking about.
I'm sure you remember now what I'm talking about. But especially when I'm holding her and rocking her in the night, her dark eyes have EXACTLY the same shape as this little alien baby and it really reminds me of her. Is that weird that I compare my child to an animatronic baby from a movie? Hummm
Ok, and now for your viewing pleasure, a short movie of Evi standing up and then almost whacking Marcelo in the goods. Enjoy!
(Does any one know how to turn videos on their side?)
Oh, and it REALLY pisses me off that the name "Evelyn" is moving up in popularity. According to the Social Security Administration (who has records of every name of every child born in the US since around 1900) Evelyn is moving up in popularity. It was #65 in 2006 and then #55 in 2007. Results aren't in for 2008. I'm not happy about that. Grrrr
Thursday, January 8, 2009
My Style of Reading
Posted by Ali at 8:02 AM
Labels: Confessions, Evelyn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can't believe she's up and walking. Holy cow! And I'm glad she was making Marcelo a little nervous, it's good to keep those men on their toes.
Wow she's going to be walking SOON!! Piper and Paisley were walking at 10 months and I felt like that was WAY early!! I think Noah was at 9 months? Yep, so she's on the genius route.
By the way, I think you can get away with calling Evelyn an alien until she gets old enough to read your blog. I don't think anyone wants to hear their mom thought they looked like a baby alien!!
Also, you totally need new clothes. I always make sure I have more underwear than my spouse. That way he runs out of underwear first and is more likely to do a load of whites. Hee hee!
Oh, and I thought Evelyn was a more popular name? Besides, as it goes up in popularity, you can assume responsibility. Everyone wants to copy you.
She's just so stinkin cute! In an alienish sort of way :) I don't think she looks like that alien at all! Much more humanlike!
i like Reagan's chonies plan. if Frankie runs out of whites before i do, he will just wear the same pair until i find out and do a load just out of disgust and respect for myself, my home, and the holy chonies. i'm not sure you should say that your child looks like an alien, but i know what you mean about dark eyes in the dark. it's freaky. once, i was checking on Darbs in the night and i got really close to her face b/c it was so dark and i couldn't see her. then, i realized that her eyes were open and it freaked me the hell out. i checked for a 666, but no luck. i'm sure it's there somewhere.
Post a Comment