CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sheer Terror

This is a list of things Evi has perfected over the last week:

Crawling
Pushing herself to a sit while she's on her belly or in the middle of a crawl
Pulling herself using ANYTHING she can get her hands on
Standing up unaided by us or anything else
Cruising

Yes, you read that correctly. My 7 month old is freaking cruising. I thought I would have months and months to cradle and love my baby. Apparently my baby has an expiration date of 7 months. She is now a "little woman" and prefers to be referred to as such.

And as a little lady, she's let us know that she only needs to sleep 1 hour and 30 minutes TOTAL during the day. So her first nap is 1 hour and her second nap is only 30 minutes. Yeah, mom's life is SO much fun right now. Because if she's awake, Evi wants to be pulling herself up on things and banging her head on things. Mom loves that.

You wanted some pictures? Of course you do!

Here she is looking surly. I think she thinks we are going to try to take this away from her.

And here she is so tired she fell asleep in her bouncy chair.

















Looking coy and then instantly becoming that little hellion we all know her to be:















This picture below just makes me laugh. I don't know who taught her that face. But it's hilarious. And then standing by herself. Doing what she loves to do.















Personally speaking, I'm kind of in a reading zone right now. I'm on my 3rd book this week. I get to read after Evi goes to sleep. For some reason, I don't want to post the books that I'm reading. I feel like I should be reading Silvia Path or something, and because I'm not I'm embarrassed to tell you what I'm reading. So I'll keep my books a secret.

In a totally unrelated note, we got Evi's birth certificate and passport pictures taken today. Did you know the price of tickets to Ecuador has dropped $90? We are waiting to see if they go under $675. If they do, we will buy instantly. Don't you wish you could go to Ecuador with us?

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Looooooove the surly picture. Her little cheeks are just so stinkin' cute! And don't worry, I am sure your books are a hundred times more sophisticated than mine. Nate mocks me because I usually get my books from the "young adults" section. Yeah, I am classy.

Lynn said...

Looooooove the surly picture. Her little cheeks are just so stinkin' cute! And don't worry, I am sure your books are a hundred times more sophisticated than mine. Nate mocks me because I usually get my books from the "young adults" section. Yeah, I am classy.

Reggs said...

Cute pictures! You need to post one of her monsterous legs. Chubba chubba!!
I am also intrigued as to what you are reading. Go ahead, say it. We all know you are reading "between husband and wife." or "men are from mars.."
I would write a sequel. "Men are from Mars, Women are from the planet Earth, where logic is king."

Gooch Family said...

Love the cute pictures! She is so cute and chubby, love those cheeks! Also don't be afraid with the standing almost walking because I didn't want Bella to walk early, however now I love it. It's so much easier when they start walking!! And we all want to know what you're reading. Of all people to be embarrassed it definitely isn't you! Come on, you posted a picture of your leaking boobs on your blog, ha.

Gooch Family said...

One more thing, where did your sidebar thing go?

Amy said...

Holy cow! She's cruising already?!?! She is totally adorable. I love that face, too.

hil said...

um, what is cruising? i know i've been a mom for over 2 years, but i'm apparently an uneducated one. it's probably because my kid is almost 2 1/2 and still doesn't sleep through the night, so i've been a zombie for a while. i hear ya, girl. Darbs went from motionless to climbing on everything and running in like, 3 days. i love you and i just want to kiss that little Evi's face! yes, i do wish i could go to Ecuador with you (except that i don't want to fly with my child ever, ever again. among other reasons, flying makes her poop like, once every 20 minutes. and there are no changing tables on a plane. so, my poopy baby stinks up coach and throws raisins on the sleeping college guy unfortunate enough to have the middle seat on a crowded flight. and that was one of our better experiences...) i love you.

Beth said...

Cuuuuuute pictures! I love the coy/hellion one.

And my, she's had a productive week. Wowswers! Way to go, Evi!