CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Book Review-Which Brings Me to You

Which Brings Me to You: A Novel in Confessions Which Brings Me to You: A Novel in Confessions by Steve Almond


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book was so funny. In that PG-13 Steve Almond sort of way. It's a series of letters between 2 people who meet at a wedding. They almost jump in the sack with one another at the wedding, but at the last moment they decide to stop and get to know one another first. But because one lives in Philadelphia and one lives in NY they decide to do this by letters. They are "confessional" letters, and they have promised each other they will tell each other the whole truth.

And tell they do. About past loves, their families and their most impacting relationships. It's a very honest book. It's inspired me to be more honest with myself and with what I expect out of life and my marriage. The book is written for people who don't mind total upfront in your face graphic truth about nasty (and great) relationships and what makes them so.

What I really liked about this book was that it was written by 2 different people. So you really got the two voices of the individuals. I've become accustomed to the words and writing styles of Steve A. but the other author, this JENNIFER person is great. I really like her writing.

This book made me laugh out loud at times and I wished the characters tons of happiness. My wishes were mostly granted.


View all my reviews.

2 comments:

Reggs said...

So do they hook up in the end?? After reading your last review I was going to tell you to read something HAPPY!! Looks like you were way ahead of me.

georgiavargas said...

Hellooo!!! How are you? I tested Chelo the other day asking for your phone mumber and guess what?? He never answered! SO.. can you call me or email me I have a question for you about a book!
THANKS
C U gorgeous!