CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

One Week Old!

Today is Evi's one week Birthday. You may ask me if the time has gone by fast. Yes and no. It's kind of like the mission where you feel like you've been doing this forever, even though you only have 2 weeks in the MTC. And then at the same time you feel like you have no idea what you are doing because, let's face it!! You only have 2 weeks in the mission!!

I'm afraid I'm letting my baby sleep too long. I feel like I should be keeping her awake and talking to her and teaching her proper verb congregations in Spanish. She consistently sleeps in 3-5 hour blocks. Then she'll be awake for some food, maybe a poop, and then right off to sleep again for 3-5 hours. Is this normal? Should I be worried? Is my baby depressed and that's why she only wants to sleep all day? All you mothers out there, please calm me down on this point.

Speaking of poop, Evita had her first BLOWOUT today. It's my fault, I put her diaper on too quickly and I don't ensure it's completely on straight. The other factor was that I was propping her up by her bum, so it really had nowhere to go except out the side. And did it ever!! See?
















Again, can you mothers out there tell me how to get out mustard colored poop from my daughter's sleeper? I'm afraid it's ruined. But she was happy after she got it out. I hear you girl!! Those are called ZILLS Evi. And due to the fact that you are 1/2 Bingham, be prepared to get to know that feeling very well.

And finally, here are those hair pictures I promised.















So on the left is her hairy back. It's more like hairy shoulders. It's so freaking dark! Oh my gosh!! What if my baby grows up to be one of those women that has a mustache? A DARK LATINA MUSTACHE!! I'll love her anyway, and I'll be sure to teach her all about laser hair removal.

The picture on the right is the best I could do to get a picture of her hairy ears. You'll have to come over to my house to really get the full effect. The hair will SPIKE UP on her ears and make them look elf-like. It's really becoming quite endearing to me. As is she!!

Ok, I need to go now and buy some things at Target. I ran out of pads last night. I won't tell you what I've been doing all day today to "make due". Embarrassing.

Did I mention that I love my life?

4 comments:

Gooch Family said...

She is such a sweetheart!! And yes enjoy all the wonderful time you have while they are really little and sleep ALL day! It is definitely normal for the to sleep lots. And I have a recipe to get out mustard stains - the same thing happened to Bella's sleeper and it is still stained b/c I had no idea it wouldn't come out. This lady in my ward has a recipe and she swears by it, but I'll have to get it for you. I just immediately run it under super hot water and rub some oxi clean on it. Then whenever you officially throw it in the washer it will come out with some more oxiclean in there. You NEED oxiclean if you don't have it, it gets out those stains. Then just wash it in hot water and bam its clean! As for NY, we just got back and I got your comment and it funny because the day you commented about going to china town and eating at a dim sum place that is totally what we did. And I bought purses. Wonderful trip! I'll post soon. Well sounds like you are doing great and I'm so glad to hear that! Being a mom is a WONDERFUL thing especially with a super cute kid! ;) Oh yea, I can't believe how much hair Evi has - I really don't think I've seen a baby with that much hair before all over! Don't worry it will go away :)

Amy said...

OH MY GOSH! ALICIA!! I am SO, SO, SO jealous. When Katelyn was born I had no idea why people say, "sleep like a baby" because she totally didn't. She was up and wanting to eat every hour to 1 1/2 hours. I was so wiped out and exhausted that it took me nearly 3 months to actually like being a mom and like MY BABY!!! Sad. I know. But I can't handle no sleep. (Of course, I LOVE my baby now!! But I still dread the thought of those first three months--they're enough for me to put off having another for awhile...) So I'm jealous and very, VERY happy for you that your baby sleeps so much and that you love your life so much during these first few months. That's incomprehensible to me but VERY AWESOME. (Oh, and I just visited my sister-in-law and her baby totally sleeps that long. *JEALOUS!!*) Also, Evi's hair is AMAZING. I totally need to see the elfin ears. My nephew Jakob's arms and back were that hairy (it's gone now) but not his ears. That's amazing. I'm glad you recorded that. That'll be a fun one for her future boyfriends. Mraw-ha-ha!

Did I mention before how much I LOVE her name? Well, I LOVE it!!

As for the "yellow mustard" stains I go through a stick of Shout! or Wash n' Go (I think that's what it's called) every month at LEAST! Oxi-clean is really good, too. The key with any of them is TREAT IT NOW! Right away. DOn't wait. And enjoy changing those diapers while your baby stays put on the pad. Someone once gave me that advice and now that Katelyn is mobile I'm a believer!

Beth said...

(Count me in with Amy and not liking my baby due to severe sleep deprivation. And nipple pain. Youch.)

Those blow-outs look all too familiar. Logan got them way more than Joshua (once I had FOUR BLOW-OUTS in ONE DAY. I went to stake conference that night and they tried to tell me what a blessing it was to be a mother. I wasn't buying it at the time!)

We used Oxyclean (scrubbed it in right away; let soak in the bathroom sink if necessary). Worked for us!

Lisa said...

OHMYGOSH! She is just SOOOOOO stinkin' cute! Love all that hair on her body and that you documented it, because it will soon be gone and you will miss it! And let that baby sleep! She'll wake up when she's hungry, trust me. Count your blessings of sleeping hours now!