CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Spit Up Queen

Oh my gosh!! She's started to spit up a LOT more. Today, she woke up around 6 pm and I fed her from my left side. My left side is my "fuller" side and she gets the best latch on that side. So she just latched on and started sucking like crazy. When she was slowing down, I decided it was time to switch her to the other side.

So I picked her up so I could burp her between sides. I put her on my right shoulder and started patting her back. I had done this for no longer than 7 seconds, and all of a sudden she like EXPLODES all over me. I was "smart" and had placed a burp cloth on my shoulder. Well, when your baby decides she's going to spew 1/3 cup of liquid all over you, there is no rag that can absorb it that fast.

Add to that the fact that she's turned her face into my neck and you have a recipe for messiness. I have tons of hot, sour, smelly milk pouring down my front and pooling in the bottom elastic band of my bra. I just sit there and try to figure out what to do to get it off me without spreading it around more.

Well, she wasn't done. After I cleaned my body (I didn't clean my clothes, I just waited for them to dry out. There is no reason to change them. I'm going to get into bed and be covered with milk all night long. So I'm not going to even waste my time) So after I cleaned up, I finish burping her. And this is what comes up during spit up round #2:
















Aren't I a horrible mom? I take a picture instead of cleaning her off. But at least I have a record of her nice cottage cheese curdled mess. I'm sure she's going to be talking to her therapist about this in the future.

And then my other "bad mommy moment" from today. I let her sleep in Lisa's hammock chair and when I went to check on her, this is what she looked like:


Looks comfy right? YOU WOULD THINK SO!! So I pulled back the blanket and this is what I found:
















Um, maybe this angle isn't clear. So I took another one, a more "ground level" shot. And here it is:




Does that look comfortable to you? It sure doesn't to me!! But she stayed like that for like 4, nearly 5 hours. BAD BAD MOMMY!! Oh well. I have many MANY years to ruin her life. . . and her posture.

You know, if you are tired of hearing about my baby, I'm sorry. I have no life these days. All I have is my swollen breasts and clothes covered in baby vomit. I should re-direct you to some other websites if you want more entertainment.

5 comments:

Gooch Family said...

Think of how they were in your tummy, all cramped up in there and in crazy positions. She's probably comfy. I can't figure out though what she is lying in. I love the picture where you can see her hairy shoulders, that is just so funny to me! As for the spit up, you might want to try not putting her over your shoulder to burp her, rather just sit her up in your lap and cup your hand around her neck, then be ready with a barf bag in front, ha. She looks so cute even though she has spit up all over her face.

Lisa said...

LOL! I have seen EVERY one of my kids in similar positions in that baby hammock. But it's STILL their favorite thing to sleep in! It looks like it may be locked in the upright position? If not, you just have to really center her in it, and if she's wiggly, use the belt too. Aaaah, I'm so glad another baby is getting good use out of that thing! My favorite baby necessity by FAR!
I think it's hilarious that you take her picture when she spits up. She is SO giving you a look in those! What a doll!
Sorry you are covered in spit up, it's the true badge of honor for moms. Keep up the great work!

Beth said...

Okay, how is it that your daughter is STILL so gorgeous EVEN with hairy shoulders AND chunky spit-up all over her face?? Seriously, she is beautiful.

(Also: neither the camera-before-spit-up thing or the sleeping-scrunched-up thing make you a bad mother!! I can tell you are a great mom because you care about being a good mom -- that's the first sign of all good mothers.) :-)

Anonymous said...

The funny thing is that I wasn't even trying to highlight her hairy shoulders. But that's the thing with my little girl: you can't avoid the hair. It's EVERYWHERE!!

Doug, Jen & the boys said...

This description of spitting up was Owen exactly - and I am pretty sure it is because you have such a big supply and I'm wondering if you have a pretty strong let down. I was so worried I brought owen in - he's puking, projective vomitting!!! They were like projectile vomitting??? Bring him in NOW! Then they took one look at him - he DOUBLED his birth weight by two months - and saw he was gaining a pound a week and kind of giggled. They said it was probably just a combination of what I said above.

But if she starts to seem like she is in pain or not sleeping or whatever, you can talk to the doc about reflux. I'm guessing it's your awesome supply though.