CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 22, 2010

Putting it off

I have to do all the laundry today. It's going to be an all day event. I'm not looking forward to it.

I'm putting it off right now, and choosing to watch Special Agent Oso with my child instead. And then I'm going to walk to the Library because I have a book waiting for me. And that will put off doing the laundry even longer.

Seriously, loads and loads of laundry. I just want to curl up and go to sleep.

I guess it's not that bad, because I have stopped folding Marcelo's clothes. There is no point because he just leaves it in the basket until it's time to wash again and fill it with more clean clothes. I sort it, pre-wash, soak, wash and dry and then put it in your basket. The least you can do is put it away. When you start doing that, I'll start folding it again.

But seriously, I need to get going here. No more procrastination

What do you avoid doing at all costs?

P.S. I'm only 3 pounds away from a new pair of shoes!! Oh how I need them desperately

3 comments:

Amy said...

Uuugh. Laundry. I try to avoid taking my daughter anywhere I have to shop that doesn't have a cart to strap her into. At. All. Costs. I've also been avoiding yard work and cleaning our computer room for mmmmm....nearly a year now....

Good luck with the laundry and WOOT on your 3 pounds! You're so close. I'm only one pound away from gaining the MAXIMUM minimum amount of healthy weight for me during this pregnancy (if that even makes sense)...and I still have 7 weeks left. Dang.

Beth said...

Putting away laundry is my least favorite part. Sorting, washing, drying -- all easy (I have machines to help me). Folding, not so bad. Putting away -- ugh. I do it for everyone in my family because otherwise it doesn't get done, and that bugs me more than putting it away. Then I point it out to my husband that the laundry fairy has visited, and ask for all kinds of praise to be heaped upon me (this also helps to make up for doing it).

I bet it would be easier if I purged some of the stuff that never gets worn, but it's such a big project that I avoid it -- so there's my answer as to what I'm procrastinating. ;-)

I feel pretty good about today, though, because I got the kids dressed and took them to the library and grocery shopping. Taking them grocery shopping is hard because unlike Amy, neither will ride in the cart (the plus side to this: I can actually fit groceries in my cart again). So today, I was hurriedly trying to finish the last of the shopping and told Joshua "don't touch those" (he was poking at all the oranges in a display), and the lady who was squeezing the tomatoes thought I was talking to her. And then, I felt dumb.

Lisa said...

I train my kids how to do laundry when they are five so hang in there... lol