CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Seriously Frustrated

I cannot find a good pair of shoes for the Bibbers. I thought I found a steal at Kid 2 Kid when I found a great pair of Stride Rite black patent leather t-strap mary jane's in her size. AND THEY WERE ONLY $4!!! I almost peed myself.

And then I got them home and put them on her with nylons (I didn't try them on her at the store because she was wearing the wrong socks) and they were too small!! Not just "oh, we can make them work for a few weeks until we find something better" small. Oh no! I put them on her and she started LIMPING around the house. Actual limping.

But the baby loves them!! She pulls them out of hiding and brings them to me to put them on (without socks, of course). How do you tell a little girl no to shiny black shoes!?! I tried to find replacement shoes that are the exact style but they are discontinued. And I looked for them online and I can't find them anywhere

So then I moved on to looking for ANY nice black basic Sunday shoe for the baby. They are NOT easy to find. They are either discontinued or sold out or no longer in stock. I'm so frustrated. Can I please just find a pair of shoes for my baby that have none of the following:

* Lights
* Dora The Explorer
* Covered in glitter
* "Jellies"
* Fur puffing out the top or
* Some sort of garish iridescent color?

I'm so frustrated. I want my child to be rocking a cute style. Classic cute. Not a bejeweled, glittered, Nickelodeon-pimping style. I'm so frustrated.

So when you see my child at church and she's wearing a pair of white Keds, you'll know why.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

JELLIES! Ahaha, do they still really sell those? They were my favorite shoes as a child.

I am the same way about kid shoes. I always shop with my mom for things for my niece, and I hate that they don't just make cute, simple shoes anymore. I hate the glitter, I hate the neon colors, I hate the cartoon characters on them. Oh, I also hate Crocs. People may want to shoot me for saying that, but I do.

Good luck on the shoe hunt. Is there a Stride-Rite outlet somewhere out there? That's where we go here, and we sometimes find good deals.

Amy said...

Can I give you a big fat AMEN, SISTAH!!! Wow. We have the exact same problems. So when we get hand-me-downs we just go with those. The only place we occasionally find some just plain black or white shoes is at Payless Shoes. Have you tried there?

hil said...

i always find good stuff on the famous footwear clearance aisle. you know how i love shoes and i always find good Darby shoes for way cheap. well, not always, but when my shoe-sale angels are watching over me.

Nate Judd said...

Here are some cute shoes on Amazon. Some are a little spendy but there are a few that are cute and cheap:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_n_0?rh=n%3A672123011%2Ck%3Amary+jane+shoes%2Cp_36%3A679782011%2Cn%3A!672124011%2Cn%3A679217011%2Cn%3A679218011%2Cp_n_color_point_amazon_index%3A1262851011%2Cn%3A684411011%2Cn%3A2204768011&bbn=684411011&keywords=mary+jane+shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1269896604&rnid=679218011