Lynn might've found another job. She might have to take a small pay cut, but it will be doing something related to her masters degree. I will miss her horribly, but I am SOOO jealous she's getting out.
Here is the other thing. She might leave this weekend and just not come back. I mean, the POLITE thing is to give 2 weeks notice. But who are we kidding? No one in that office is ever polite to us. And you KNOW that if Jean fired her, she wouldn't give her two weeks notice so she could go find another job.
And I don't think that it would matter if she gave that notice or not. It's probably better she doesn't. Because if she did, they would just treat her horribly for those two weeks, and then talk total crap about her when she leaves. This way we can avoid the awkwardness and they can go right to talking that crap
Did I mention Jean, Matt and DAn are all leaving this weekend to go to a conference in San Diego? If she left and sent them an email saying that she's not returning, they would DIE. And I would prefer it because I wouldn't have to deal with them for a week.
If she makes the announcement on Friday, I'll need to work on my "shocked" face. Here are some of my practice faces:
You know what? Nevermind. I just looked at the photos I took, and I CANNOT show those to anyone. I don't know why I even go outside of the house looking the way I do. If you were to see those pictures, you would say, "WHO ATE ALICIA?!?!" I can't let you see those pictures. Please forgive me. I'm very fat.
But anyway, I'm totally going to have to play it dumb. I think i'll actually play it upset. Like "HOW COULD SHE DO THAT?!?! HOLY CRAP!!! I'M GOING TO BE SO BUSY!! WHY WOULDN'T SHE TELL ME!?!!" I think if I play it like I've been betrayed, Jean will believe me more.
Again, I'll miss Lynn, but I know we'll stay in touch. How else will she find out about all the crap that everyone is saying about her?
Anyway, wanna hear a funny story? (If you don't stop reading right now). Well, everyday I lock up Raya in the morning when I go to work and then after I come home for lunch. After lunch I lock her up for the afternoon. Before you tell me how horrible I am, please know that she's totally used to it. On Saturdays, she just wants to sleep all morning because that's what she's used to.
Well, today, I did everything as normal, but then when I came home this is what I found:
That's right. Somehow I forgot to lock her cage, or she jimmy-rigged it open and she a a HEYDAY with our trashcan. Can you see her in the background hiding in her cage? I didn't even have to yell at her. She was there before I came in, just WAITING for the wrath. Come see what I mean:

I just had to LAUGH when I saw this. I mean, I don't blame her. It would be like getting mad at a shark for being attracted to blood. She knows that she's no supposed to, but she can't stop herself. She was just sitting her in cage awaiting my return. Did I mention my dog is hilarious and I love her?
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
The Great Escape
Posted by Ali at 8:42 PM
Labels: Raya, Summit Sucks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
HA haaaaaa! I still think the best story is when you left out a loaf of bread and a jar of jam. Raya ate the ENTIRE loaf of bread and licked the jar CLEAN. CLEEEEAN! That is totally the best story.
Ok, first of all, I got completely excited when I saw that this blog was about me. I'm vain, what can I say. Ding dong, the witch is dead, at least for me! I AM SO FREAKING GLAD I DON'T HAVE TO SEE HER BUTTFACE EVER AGAIN!! Seriously, as I walked out the door after throwing my key on her desk, I just felt so FREE! My only regret is that you have to deal with the aftermath. But hopefully she will give you a raise. Some of my favorite quote from the Jean discussion...
"I gave you days off for Christmas!" "Um, actually I only took off 4 hours for Christmas."
"Go get your license off the wall so I can sign it. If you go to another brokerage I will go after you for thousands of dollars." Um, ok cause I really wanna go sell houses so I end up bitter and unable or unwilling to tell anyone a statement with even an ounce of truth in it (I didn't actually say that, but I thought it real hard, so maybe she got the message telepathically)
and my personal favorite...
"Is it Alicia? Are you quitting because you don't like working with her?" repeated twice.
Hopefully it won't be too bad for you. You HAVE to keep me updated on all the crap people say about me. Did I mention Dan called me at like 7 and was like hey did you send this document, and then was like OK see ya later? Random. And we need to get together so I can hear the full story of what she told you about me. Also, so I can play with your dog, because she is precious. So, that's my long message. Keep me posted on the office happenings!
Oh yeah, she TOTALLY licked that jam container CLEAN. I could've served dinner off of it after she was done. She was SO PLEASED with herself. At least now she has shame and she knows she's done something wrong. But before she was just so happy with herself and no amount of yelling would make her tail stop wagging.
And I LOVE the fact that Jean asked Lynn TWICE if it was me that was making her leave. She asked me if Lynn had told me why she was leaving, if it was anything in particular. I said no, but in my mind I was like "uh,yeah!! you are horrible to her. What incentive does she have to stay? You are just money to her. And you treat her like crap"
And then Jean started to say things like, "Well, Lynn never talked. She didn't have a good personality and she wouldn't say hello to me when I walked in the door" Point Simple: Jean wants you blow a horn or something when she walks in the door to announce how happy you are that she's returned and graced you with her presence. Anything else and you are just ungrateful and you aren't achieving your "full" potential. (Maximum potential=constant kissing of Jean's ass)
Your work environment sounds AWWWWWFUL. :-(
Poor Raya, having so much fun making a mess and then sheepishly realizing she's gonna get busted when she can't clean it up!
hell yeah, Lynn! i love a good "stick it to the man" story. i cannot wait until you can do the same, Bing. but, i offer the suggestion of coming in for one day after your maternity leave (i'll watch the Bambino for you) just long enough to walk in the door, poke your head into her office, and flip her off. the silence in which you articulate your feelings into a gesture and in which you leave the shocked and jealous office would be mastercard priceless.
Post a Comment