I logged on with the idea to blog about some things that bother me as of late. And as I was going over it in my head, it just sounded so FUSSY. Like it made me sound whiny and tired. And while I'm extremely tired, I try to avoid whiny-ness at all costs. Here were some of the comments I was going to whine about:
* The fact that I can't breathe and now my husband won't sleep in the same bed with me anymore due to my horrible pregnancy snoring
* When people talk about things that they know nothing about. They give their opinions like they are fact, and try to force everyone to believe them at all costs. And then get belligerent when that person won't believe them
* Being large and fat, both of which are NOT due to pregnancy, and yet not being able to ANYTHING about it which IS due to pregnancy. And as a corollary:
* I can't find any clothes that fit me.
* I'm desperate for a vacation, but I won't get one anytime soon. This is due to the fact that there is only one assistant here, so I can't leave until she's been trained. And Jean won't consider her trained for at least a year. (I'm not mad at you Lynn, I swear.) I just want everyone to realize that I'm burned out and I don't CARE if it's inconvenient for them! I do inconvenient things ALL THE TIME, EVERY DAY. Please just recognize that I need some time to myself.
* Stress about selling my house
* I can't get Marcelo to go anywhere with me or do anything fun on the weekends (or on the week days for that matter!). If he's not working, then he's sleeping. And if he's not doing one of those, then he's hanging out with Juan Carlos. (No, Marcelo. Going over to my dad's house to watch you play pool is NOT fun)
* People not believing that I know what I'm talking about. I'm tired of being told that I don't really get what's going on or people assuming that I don't know what I'm doing.
* People with private Blogs (Sorry Amy. Stop reading right now. I'm about to offend you). Why do you think that your thoughts are worth guarding? I mean, are you putting up some patent ideas on there and you are afraid of people stealing them? The worst case of this is when NO ONE READS YOUR BLOG and you still make it "private". You know, when you ask for "comments" on certain things and no one ever does, but you still feel in necessary to only have "invited" people read it. (I might be swayed if someone tells me a story about how they had a public blog and someone used it to steal their identity. Other than that, no dice)
* In blog related issues, people who take off the option to have anonymous comments posted. If you can't take the heat of someone else's opinion and defend yourself and your ideas, what's the point to life. It's like saying, "I don't want to hear something if it disagrees with my ideas. Those with thoughts other than my own can leave them at the door when they enter my blogsite". Kudos to Reagan for leaving the anonymous option on her site after that "sister RM" post debacle.
* Bad movie reviewers. People who have and IQ of 62 and think that "Ever After" is like the greatest movie EVER. (I was actually going to go off on this one for a LONG time, but I think I basically wrapped it up in 2 lines)
* It's blizzarding outside right now.
*I have an hour of work left
And finally:
* Working 8-9 hours a day and yet still being responsible for all the cooking, cleaning and general maintenance of the house after I get home.
As I go back and read all these things, I don't think I was very effective in sounding NOT whiny. I think, however, I was very VERY effective in sounding super whiny, crotchety, old, tired and all around unhappy. Crap. Please disregard everything you have just read. I don’t want to be “that girl”.
No wait, read on. I'm going to turn the tides and put some things that I’m grateful for:
* I'm pregnant (FINALLY!!!)
* I only have an hour left of work
* The week is almost over
* I have a garage so I never have to dig my car out of the snow ever again. Oh blessed, blessed garage. How I love thee.
* I'm fully planning on getting some tots and/or a hot chocolate with hazelnut flavoring from the local Maverick on my way home. I'll probably stick with just the tots because it means I don't have to get out of my car.
* I finally figured out what I’m getting Judd for her Birthday that was 2 days ago. It’s been ordered and shipped and should get to me in a few days, and then it’ll get to her after that. I hope she doesn’t mind the fact that it will be nearly 10 days late. Or the fat that it'll be wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper, for that is all I have in my house. I also hope she likes it. She might not. Or she might have it already. But I won’t think about that. This is my “positive” section
* I get the bed all to myself to roll around in because Marcelo sleeps in the other room
* My dog doesn’t mind that I’m lazy and fat. She still loves me because I scratch her ears and throw her ball for her.
* I was feeling the baby a whole bunch today. Then I realized it was just diarrhea. (Wait, maybe that should go in the "whiney" section)
* I’ve wasted a half hour of work. Freedom is THAT much closer!!
That is all I can think of right now. I’m sorry if I’ve offended anyone today. I tend to do that a lot. Sorry. (Was it the diarrhea comment, Beth? Sorry)
Have a nice Thursday everyone!!
FOLLOW-UP: Remember my blog about how Jean sent me a text that it was URGENT she got her theater plans last night? Well, I did it first thing this morning, because she called and asked me to do it again. And what do you know? I just logged into her hotmail account and they are still there, unopened! I guess URGENT means "I'M A TOTAL MORON"
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Fussy
Posted by Ali at 4:49 PM
Labels: Confessions, My Favorite Things, Summit Sucks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Unfortunately, I am no longer offended or phased by diarrhea/poop/vomit/spitup/etc.
However, I do feel famous again, being mentioned in your blog and all, even if it IS only one word away from "diarrhea."
I HATED finding clothes when I was pregnant. I actually had written up a whole post about it almost a year ago (I think I was about as far along as you are now, coincidentally) about how much I hated it. But, yeah, I didn't post it because it felt too whiny! :-) There are a couple people who read my blog faithfully who were/are having trouble getting pregnant and I didn't want to sound ungrateful. I still have the draft, though ... maybe I should publish it -- as a PRIVATE post! ;-)
AMEN! My sister refuses to post pictures of her or her husband. My other sister won't post the names of her children. WHY?? Yah, i'm with you. I would like to hear a story of a mass murderer who just happened to be cruising blogger for people to kill.
My sister who doesn't post names got the idea from HER friend's blog. So I look at her friend's blog and WHADDA KNOW? The first thing posted on her blog was, "Hi! We are a family of four living in American Fork, Utah." YAH! Why don't you just put your address and credit card number on there, too? BUT NOOOOO. Not the kids names. SHAME.
I hear ya about the stuffy nose pregnancy syndrome. I got hooked on affrin, and yes, you can get hooked on it. It would help the stuffiness for about an hour or two. Sometimes when its about yourself, its totally worth it.
I bet Jean is sitting at her desk right now trying to think of SOMETHING URGENT for you to do. I bet she's not even going to wear the velvet pants, she just wanted to give you a task to annoy you. But you'll like her more after you have the baby. The woman has GREAT parenting advice. After all, she HAS raised two dogs.
What the HECK!!!! You are FIRED, FIRED, FIRED!! You are a closet blogger, and I don't even know about it, BUT I know everything ELSE. Why doesn't that seem right? I'll forgive you for now. I miss my friend! Let's do lunch.
Love,
Your non-worthy to know about your blog friend,
sad Krista
Yes, 2 comments in a row! I just sat here and read, and read, and read! Do I tell you often enough that you are HILARIOUS?!! This blog makes my day~ I hope I can be worthy for membership. Gosh, I love ya, girl!
Krista
You are 2 for 15 on offending me. LOL. Ever After is like the BEST movie ever. Or at least I used to think so. I probably shouldn't mention it but I think I saw it about 9 times in the theater. (Of course the majority of the times were at the dollar theater on $.50 night...) Talk about girl power...if only Drew Barrymore could actually ACT. *sigh* Oh, well--yeah--not such a fan anymore but at the time!
So you know you are now officially UN-invited from my private blog, right? Hee, hee, hee. I'm not even sure why I have it private--my family started blogging and did theirs that way so I followed suit. I guess there is some part of me too that's worried about SICKOs out there getting a hold of pictures of MY BABY and...and...and...well, I don't know what. But still! Just wait until you have your first. You'll see.
I really do think you should write a book - you are hilarious!
Post a Comment