CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Classic Conundrum

Just like I predicted earlier today, Marcelo left at 11 am, returned at 2:30 and has been sleeping since. It is currently 8:00 and I've done NOTHING all day but TiVo homework, and bathe. That's right my friends. I took a shower AND washed my hair. Now, you might no think this is a great accomplishment, but let me tell you that I haven't washed my hair since Wednesday.

I should mention that I didn't get around to bathing until about 1 pm.

Now, please note that I didn't say that I've gotten dressed today. That's because I haven't. I'm still in my underwear that I put on after my shower. Many people think that it's weird that Marcelo and I prefer to be in our underwear while at home. I don't know why that is. I mean, I lived with roommates before I got married and he lived at home. It was not acceptable to walk around in just your chones at either of those places. But we love being in just underwear. In our defense, our underwear does cover up over 3/4 of our bodies.

So now, here is the dilemma: I am starving and we have no food here. I know, because I've gotten up to look in the fridge no less than 3 times in the last 2 hours. So what do I do? Do I force myself to get dressed and go get some tots and a shake from Sonic? (For that is what I really want). Here are some other options I thought about:

* Put on my robe and go through the drive through. This will allow me to buy the food, but not actually get dressed.

* Put on a shirt ONLY and then put something on my lap so the people at Sonic can't see that I'm not wearing any pants. Again, this allows me to get food without getting dressed.

(Please note that these ideas work because we have a garage that allows me to get in my car without anyone seeing that I'm not wearing pants or that I'm just wearing a robe. Don't you all wish you had a garage so you could drive to fast food joints in different nivels of undress?)

* Ask Marcelo to get me the food. But he would never approve of my choice of dinner. So that idea is out.

* Decide that maybe tots and ice cream are not the best food choices and eat an apple that I've just now miraculously found on my fourth trip to the fridge. Let's be honest. This one will never happen. Let's just move it along to the next choice which is:

* Put on a shirt, pants AND shoes and go get crap food like a civilized person and not like a piece of white trash who doesn't like to wear clothes.

I would like to point out that NONE of the previous options I just discussed involved me putting on a bra. That is because the idea never entered my mind. There will be no bra wearing of ANY sort today.

So, I'm about to pass out from lack of food. Did I mention the last time I ate was at 9:30 this morning? Yeah, it's been almost 12 hours. I've got to go get some food. Maybe i'll get more than tots. We'll see. There still is always Del Taco. But I do want ice cream. THE CONUNDRUM.

You know what I really want? Some fries and Traci's Peanut Butter Cup from Leatherfaces. There is no better combo. Am I right, Bahamas?

MARCELO UPDATE: Since starting this blog, he woke up, and is now watching cage fighting on TV. I don't mind cage fighting because we have TiVo and we fast forward through all the boring fight parts till just the knockouts at the end. And let's be honest: Those are the best parts. Why do you think that Sportscenter only show highlights?

But now we have a problem: How to sneak out of the house and get my hands on some of that contraband food now that Marcelo is awake? Another conundrum. (Am I using that word correctly?)

And finally, are you all as excited as I am about the complete Jane Austin movie series that's being shown on PBS? They are showing ALL her 6 books that have been made into movies, and they even made 4 new movies for this series. SOOOO LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!! Put it on your TiVo's people. You do NOT want to miss out.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

OK, so if you have this little issue again.....I vote for the "put a robe on and get whatever the hell you want" idea. Why not put a t shirt on and no pants????? I'll tell you why, because I witnessed a car accident about a year ago, and the guy was only in his garments. No lie...quite embarrassing for him.

Reggs said...

Oh my gosh, this made me laugh so much. Yah, NO BRAS after 9pm! That is why robes are awesome, they are supposed to cover up your nakeys. The kid working for $7/hour at the Sonic won't even notice.

Beth said...

*sigh* I wish I lived near a Sonic. They advertise here (have they started doing it nationwide??) but the closest one is in Peoria.

I have not yet been desperate enough to drive 115 miles for my strawberry slush. :-(

Beth said...

I forgot to mention about Leatherface's (I love that we call it Leatherface's):

YUM.

Of course, I'd strike that Peanut Butter Cup and replace it with a chocolate-banana shake, but I am the only one. And then you and I would split a basket of fries, and I would eat the mushier ones and you would eat the crispy ones, and life would be pretty much perfect.