Remember like a week ago I told you I would provide ultrasound pictures and the story on how everyone thinks I'm going to have a boy. Yeah, I was a liar, but it's not entirely my fault! I was going to go scan them in at work, but when I tried it, the pictures were really grainy. And everyone who's ever seen an ultrasound picture knows they are grainy ALREADY without being scanned.
So my next idea was to take a picture of them and then upload the pictures. But when I tried to take a picture with our work camera, the pictures were all blurry because they were so close. So I didn't know what to do. Do I go to Kinko's and pay to scan them in? But what if after all that money, they still look like crap? ARGH!!
So just now I tested MY own digital camera. SUCCESS!!! I don't know why my boss's camera is so much crappier than mine, but I am thankful that I have a rocking camera. So here are the pictures of our little gusano de seda.

These are pictures of the head and face. I think it's pretty obvious where the nose mouth and chin are. That thing right by the chin is its little fist. It kept swinging its little fist up by its face and making it hard to get a good picture. But anyway, you can see that it has nice FULL lips. Maybe it's just puckering up for the photo. You know, working the camera, making sure we get a nice profile shot. Great. I'm giving birth to Derek Zoolander.
Now for the more controversial pictures:

On the left, you will see a nice blurry picture that I've been told is a leg. A what? A leg? Um, ok. Maybe I can see the femur ball (of the ball and socket joint) attached to a long white something that could be the femur shaft. But that means that we are looking at the side of the body, and the rest of the baby is up in that black and white mess at that top of the picture. So, I think that was a real crap one.
Now on the right we have a very clear arm. See it right at the top of the white blobs? You can see the bend in the arm and the bright white bone running through the middle of it. Below you can see a bigger picture of this ultrasound with the arm being pointed at in black.
In that same picture below, I have also put a nice white circle around the "controversial" part of the ultrasound. Here is it for you to look at.So when Alan, Rhonda, Evan, Ryan and Marcia all saw this picture, they were all SWEARING to me that it's a boy. They were saying that those little white doo-dads I've circled are a boy's parts.
Now, I would LOVE to believe you, but please tell me what is that thing in the middle of the "torso" area? It looks like my kid has a whole in their body. If the picture is so clear, and it's so clear that I'm having a boy, why can't you pick out ALL the baby's body parts on this picture? I mean, that could be a foot tucked up under its butt. Who knows?
Apparently all my cousins know. And what they know is that I'm having a boy. I would like Lisa to look at this ultra sound. She's the expert. (But don't tell me, Lisa, because I really do want to be surprised. ) And I'm getting weirded out because I keep having dreams that it's a girl. So I don't want to start thinking one thing only to have it turn out the other way, and then I will run the risk of being disappointed. And that would be the WORST.
So now you all have ultrasound pictures of my little "gusano de seda" who I still haven't felt. Stubborn little baby. It's DEFINITELY Marcelo's child with a disposition like that. Man, I am so looking forward to meeting this little gusano. We'll see if it's what I think in another 4 and a half months.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Ultrasound Pictures
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ROFLMAO Alicia, this is cracking me up. I can tell you with 100% SURETY that those are not your childs cajones. I PROMISE. You may indeed be having a boy.......but I wouldn't know because NONE of these pictures show the gender of your baby. The one that comes CLOSEST to showing the gender is the very first one. When you look at the gender, you are looking basically from the butt up. As if your little bambino were sitting on a glass floor and you are laying underneath it and looking up. So......a boy? Maybe! Testicles in that picture......definitely NOT! Love the arm pic, and next time tell them you want pics of the feet....those are always my fave!
Oops, my mistake....I meant to say the one that comes closets to showing the gender is picture #3....of the leg. Sorry! I'm just picturing you looking at picture number one of the head and thinking "How in gay hell does this come close to showing the gender?"
Post a Comment