CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Jealousy

I get jealous when I read the blogs of others and their children who are the same age as mine (or even younger!) are speaking in full sentences.

And my child still screams for an hour when I can't understand that she wants milk based on her pointing and grunting.

Makes me want to kill someone.

No wonder jealousy is a deadly sin.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Just remember that every kid's got their downfall. Sometimes I just want my kids to EAT REGULAR FOOD like I see other kids doing (I'm talking, like, grilled cheese or spaghetti here) and yet they do not. It's hard not to feel like people are judging my parenting.

Evi's pretty much the cutest kid ever, so next time you're feeling jealous, just post her adorable picture and say, "look how cute my kid is!!" And we will all agree.

Sorry she's still not talking. I know she is just as smart as she is pretty (I've met her!); I hope she decides to start talking soon!

Gooch Family said...

Just wait, one day she will just start talking in full sentences! She probably knows it and is just being stubborn :) And she is way cute so that totally makes up for it. If I start feeling that way about something I just think, "All kids are different and they all go at their own pace." In a few years all the kids will be around the same pace, no need to stress.

Chad & Sarah Marsden said...

She will start talking soon. It feels like forever, but it will be soon. Think of how hard it is on her to not be able to express herself. That must be so frustrating for a kid.

I can't wait to see that grunting, pointing kid soon.

Amy said...

So true what Beth says about each kid having their own downfall or rough spots.

I know that wanting to kill someone feeling, too--just for different reasons with Katelyn. I feel for you though, trying to interpret grunting and pointing and dealing with a tantrum when you can't has got to be TOUGH!!

Has she made any progress with the speech therapist?

georgiavargas said...

ALI.. remember this is temporal SHE WILL SPEAK soon!!
And she Will be bilingual, And you probably will want her to be quiet for a lil bit! believe me... I've been there. LOVe YA and thanks soooooooo much for inviting us to the lake we had a blast!