
Do you ever hear something at General Conference and it like hits you ears and you immediately stiffen? You kinda get defensive and you don't want to think about it anymore? Yeah, those are the things that I KNOW I need to work on, like NOW.
I heard a couple of things like that this weekend and instead of stiffening and feeling upset and trying to dismiss them, I wrote them down and I'm going to work on them. Marcelo said the same thing. He has a few things that really struck him that we need to be doing as a family, and we are going to work really hard on those things.
I think this was the first time in a long time that conference struck me so personally. I think I was ready to hear what I need to do. MAN, those speakers are smart.
Except for the crazy "soft-voiced" women. Am I the only one that misses Sherri L. Dew? Shooting from the hip, un-apologetic. Can I get a what-WHAT???
Monday, April 6, 2009
Taketh the Truth to be Hard
Posted by Ali at 5:26 PM
Labels: My Favorite Things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
where my girl at?
Sheeeerrrriiii!
Just FF the women speakers. By FF I mean fast forward. Where's your mind?
Ecuador probably...no fair!
Wha-WHAAT! Sherri Dew is the shizzle.
hey only a month and a few weeks until ecuador! I'm so excited for ya!
for real, dude. the night before, i let Frankie spent an obscene amount of money on a Nash jersey (my athelete boyfriend. if you can't be an athelete, be an atheletic supporter!) and the next morning, Elder Hale gave the "we can't afford it" talk. i'm all like, we can't afford it, but Frankie could get a night job. i'm such a jack-ass. and those of us who live in the shadow of the temple. i want to go, i really do. but as no unclean thing can enter, they won't let Darby in! just kidding about the unclean thing. though she's eating pudding right now and it's not looking good. remember how you were wearing flip-flops when they gave the don't dress like you're going to the beach talk? classic. so, so, so me. this conference was especially great, i thought.
sorry, i don't know how to spell athlete. anyway, i know what you mean about the woman, but i think they ought not be fast forwarded. i mean, hell. there were only 2 of them. was it kind of irritating that there was no RS session? the feminist in me was ticked, but the lazy person in me was glad.
and one more thing. i love yer guts, dude. for serious.
Post a Comment