Here are a few numbers for you to ponder:
5:56am Time my alarm clock went off in order for me to go to the gym
6:30am: Time I actually got up and went to the gym
640: Number of calories I burned at the gym
11 am: Time at which I threw my diet out of the window for the day by consuming. . .
5: Number of cookies I ate. These are homemade cookies with butterscotch and dark chocolate chips. I made up a batch of dough and then in order to *prevent* myself from eating them all (HA!! Read that as ironic laughter!), I made little disks out of them and then froze those disks in the freezer. So now if I want one, I pull out an individual disk and cook the cookie fresh.
This plan was genius in my mind until I started to think about a piping hot cookie right from the toaster over (oh yeah, you can cook them in the toaster over for like 10 min and then you don't have to wait for the oven to heat up. So evil). And after I start thinking about the hot pile of crispy deliciousness that could quickly be mine and I just want more.
Oh, by the way, for all my southern ladies, I'll have you know I used half butter and half butter flavored Crisco in those SOB cookies. DAMN YOU SOUTHERNERS FOR EVER TELLING ME ABOUT CRISCO!! I'm looking at you Judd. . . . AND LYNN. Yeah, you know who you are and what you did.
So there I am trying to fight my urge for another cookie, or 2 or 3 and so I decide to have lunch which turns out to be. . .
8x8: Size of pan full of Au Gratin potatoes that I consumed all by myself.
4:30 pm: My husband went back to school until after 9. So you know what that means. . . .
3: Yup, I made myself 3 more cookies. I curse myself for ever putting them into pre-measured little disks. I mean if I left them in little balls then I would have to wait for the WHOLE block to defrost and if I had to do that I might not ever have cookies. But it's so easy to just pop. . .
1 or 3 or FIVE: of them on the toaster oven baking sheet and in 10 min have a melty delishy cookie. What was I thinking!!??!! I'm so stupid. Please, will someone come over and eat these cookies for/with me? (Honestly, it'll be with me. I'm not letting these suckers go without a fight).
So those are some of my numbers for the day. And dinner, you ask? Why, I'm glad you mentioned it!
2: The number of hot pancakes I just had. Baby is in bed, husband is at school, griddle is looking at me, temping me, trying to caress my hand. I yield. Curse that griddle and it's seductive ways.
So those are my numbers for the day. So pathetic. I should just go to bed right now so I can't put another few cookies in the oven. Seriously, they are amazing. You should all come over and have one
or 3
or 5.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
A Few Numbers for You
Posted by Ali at 6:03 PM
Labels: Confessions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh, how I wish I was in Utah eating cookies with you. Seriously, the Crisco is AMAZING! Everyone says it's disgusting until they actually eat one. Crisco cookies are cookie crack, I tell ya. Also, in response to your previous post, I used to have a crush on Eminem. A big one. And you know how I love Latinos. Oh, the cute brown babies I will never have...
yeah, crisco is so, so good in cookies. and i totally just made 2dozen butterscotch/chocolate chip cookies! and i truly ate most of them by myself. i need comfort food; Jillian is making me work out like i never wanted to! so, i thew away all the baked goods (my achilles heel) around, but i have a secret stash of peanut butter cups hiding in the pantry. i'm my worst enemy. can you imagine how gross we'd be if we lived near eachother?!! "that's whole milk?!!!" that premeasured dough is a great idea. so are the potatoes to eat alone when you finally get 2 seconds to yourself. 2 seconds to yourself is so dreamy, and so rare. great, Bing. now i'm dying for a cookie and i remembered that my mother-i-l put two of them in the freezer! my diet is already on the fritz after 2 days. it's like in Ecuador when i'd start a diet in the morning and by lunch i'd be like, "this diet totally isn't working" and i'd buy some chocolate bread and choco chip cookies. or trakinas. mmmmmm, trakinas.
DON'T BELIEVE JUDD!! She would hardly EVER get those chocolate breads. I would get TWO of them, and then I would have half of one jammed in my mouth and I would turn to her and she'd be like "I don't want one". EVERY TIME!
I will say those Trakinas were awesome. But I think Galapaguitos win out. I'm bringing you back a case of them (if they still make them, that is)
And the reason you and I couldn't stay on a diet was because we had no food in the house! (except those $4 raisins) So that meant always going out to eat. It's hard to maintain a diet with Chifa and an Apple/Toronja soda.
Did I just make you salivate a little? I made myself do it, that's why I ask. CHIIIIFFFAAAAA
YOU are VERY, VERY evil mentioning Crisco cookies with chocolate chips and butterscotch. Although my numbers are looking really similar to yours with peanut M&Ms and sugar cookies. I can eat a whole bag of M$Ms in one sitting. And that would be the one pound size. Ahem.
But 640 calories at the GYM?!? That's stinkin' good. I only burn like 110 the whole 1 time a year that I actually work out.
Is that chocolate bread you're talking about the kind with pudding in the middle?! I LOVED that stuff in Brazil.
oh, chifa. oh, maravillosa chifa. i miss that dirty qausi-asian food. i couldn't eat chocolate bread after i pounded down 2 galapaguitos (please, please bring me a case!), choco chips, trakinas, and, what were those teddy graham wannabes? fyffes or something? remember how we went on a mad search for galapaguitos cause i needed them and that one tienda lady who looked at me like i was an unforgivable fatty and shook her head no? remember our mad search for pads right before 9:30 on a saturday night when all the tiendas were closing and i was so embarrassed to buy buenas noches pads from that guy tienda clerk? and then we opened the buenas noches and we were like, holy crap! and you said it was the size of a mattress? anyway, choco bread was the only thing i could get you to eat, for crap's sake! (Archibald/Mann reference). you would eat, like, a bite of a pear and then chuck it. i had forgotten about the $4 raisins! i remember you said, "would you like a raisin? that'll be 38 cents!" man, Bing. good, good times. today is the 6 year anniversary of my return from Ecuador. i'm so wishing i could go back with you.
I am like, CRYING LAUGHING at all of these comments!!!
I will totally have to try this butter flavored Crisco!! It's like hearing about dark chocolate raspberry truffle cake. You don't need to try it to know you'll love it.
And PLEASE do another post about these FOODS from Ecuador! Chocolate cakes?? MMM!! I thought you hated chocolate cake?
And I am still shedding laugh tears over "buenos noches" pads, and "shook their head like an unforgivable fatty" HA HA HHA HAHA
Are those galapaguidos the ones with the ducks on them? I think we had those...
oh yeah, Reagan baby. they are the ones with the ducks. the super cool looking ducks. i think one is wearing sunglasses. i bought the advertisement poster off a tienda wall, i wanted it so bad. i saved a buenas noches for my progenity. or to double as a mattress for company. i'll show it to you someday.
Post a Comment