CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

10 Great Things about Losing Weight

10. Eating less food means buying less food which means spending less money. Yeah money!

9. You no longer are dreading seeing your very vocal in-laws in 6 weeks.

8. You don't huff and puff walking up the steps to the chapel.

7. Your haunches no long brush the sides of a chair when you sit.

6. You no longer have to ask for one of those seat extenders when you are on a plane. (Actually, the only time I've ever asked for one was coming back from AZ when I was almost 9 months pregnant. So don't judge me too harshly on that one)

5. You no long sound like a lawn mower when you sleep so your husband has no problem curling up next to you every night anymore! I LOOOOVE spooning.

4. Your legs don't rub together when you walk. . . .so much.

3. You no longer look like a freak blob next to your petite and perfect baby.

2. You are strong enough to run in the Provo 5K that you've been talking about for months now.

1. Your wedding ring, which you haven't worn for WELL OVER 18 months, now fits you once again. So you are no longer silently judged by all the BYU crap nuggets that walk by you and see your child but no ring on your finger. Hooray for not being a slut!!


What are your favorite things about losing weight?

8 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

I like these! I think I'll print them out!

Lynn said...

This is my favorite post ever! One time I forgot my ring at BYU, and it lowered my self esteem by about 20 points. Usually I could be like yeah, I'm tubby, but BAM! I still got married, what? But without it, I just felt tubby. So I can only imagine it would be twice as bad with a kid. SLUT!

Amy said...

Awesome post. Although, I wouldn't know what's best about losing weight because as of right now, my wedding ring has been packed in a box ready for our upcoming move for MONTHS because it doesn't fit, AND I'm downing Starburst jellybeans and Hershey kisses. How'd that 5k go?

Mindalynn said...

Nice! I need this, because I *was* losing weight and have pretty much stalled out every since Christmas. Darn those Hoffman traditional chocolate cream puffs!

You ran a 5K? Awesome!

Our Family said...

"Hooray for not being a slut!!"

so far my favorite Alicia line yet. How come you're SO funny?!

WAY TO GO!

hil said...

losing weight? what's that?

georgiavargas said...

WOW
you are such an example for
me!!! Thanks to this post I´m trying to eat healthy and to do some more exercise!
THIS IS HARD!!!
WAY TO GO PAL!

Doug, Jen & the boys said...

I am with you. It is so hard to juggle being a mom and being an individual. I actually think it's easier to be a working mom and watch what you are eating than to be a stay at home mom. I find myself digging into the pantry a LOT more on the weekend than during the week. I'm definitely a boredom eater.

Anyway, some of my favorite things about losing weight...

*Putting on jeans that have been tight and realizing they are baggy -- and not because you have been wearing them for ten consecutive days!

*Trying on a pair of jeans that have been put away because they are way too tight and realizing they fit now!

*When people tell you how good you look and ask if you've lost weight. I know that's so vain but it's nice when your efforts are being noticed.

Oh, there's so many. Losing weight is so so so hard but so worth it and so rewarding when you accomplish your goals.