
Wanna know a secret? I still don't know if I'm going to vote for Obama or McCain.
I would think it would be an easy decision. I mean Republicans are "God's Party" right? (I'm totally kidding about that, of course) But I come from a long line of GOPs. (Remember my past post where I talk about how my family it SUPER republican?) Well after talking to my mom about this, she told me that she really doesn't like McCain. I was shocked to hear that. I thought she would definitely be all for McCain. But she really doesn't like him.
But I agree with her!! I don't like McCain either. I don't know if it's his age or his past policies. I just don't trust him. I think that he's old, and not really organized and I worry that he would rely too much on his staff members to tell him what to think and how to act. (Which actually is exactly how I feel about Bush. I don't think he's a bad guy. I just think he's not very intelligent and he surrounded himself with selfish, conniving bad people. So I guess I DO worry that McCain will be another Bush.)
But I'm just not convinced that McCain would be the best choice for this country right now.
Also, I don't like Palin. I think that she's a "Mean Girl" and every time I see her talking to a crowd of people, she's always like, GOSSIPING. "Did you hear that Barack has terrorist friends? Did you know that he said hello to a Muslim one day, so that *may* make him a Muslim supporter? Did you know his Aunt is here illegally? Did you hear that Joe Biden is a woman? Did you hear that?" I just think that she's a gossiping girl and thinks that by tearing down others, that people will automatically want to be on her side. Actually it just makes me think you have no good qualities of your own to report, so you just bring up the faults of others.
But she does have a good sense of humor!
But on the other hand, I don't like Biden. I don't think he's ready to be VP. I think that he's just like going with the flow and really isn't ready for what's about to happen. But maybe that's good because he's a blank slate and will deal with problems as they arise. He doesn't come pre-determined and pre-biased.
And finally, I don't know if I want Obama as a president. Do I think he's a socialist? No. I think that everyone has a little socialism in them. Do I think he's a secret Muslim or a terrorist? No, and you are an idiot for even asking. But do I think he's a little naive? Yes. I think that he's taken a bigger bite then he can chew. I think that he totes around the word "change" but when he really gets into office (if he gets into office) he won't really be able to do all the things he's planning on doing. And then everyone will think he is a liar.
But luckily for me, I don't really have to make the decision. I live in Utah, and Utah ALWAYS votes republican. There's no way this state will vote for Obama. So I'm a little thankful that my vote doesn't really count and I don't have the pressure of deciding the fate of this nation.
Does that mean that I won't vote? Of course not. I still need to vote for my local officials. And I still need to get in the habit of voting. Because one day I think my vote WILL matter. That will be a good day.
And finally, Marcelo is ALL over me about voting. He can't vote yet because he's not a citizen yet. He's just a "Permanent Resident" and as such he can't vote. But he's REALLY into CNN and Headline News and all the shows. I know he will be watching the elections with rapt attention Tuesday night. And he's called me TWICE and asked me when I'm voting. He says that there are lines and do I need the car so I can come down and vote? And when am I voting again?
So if anything, please vote tomorrow for Marcelo. He'll be happy that at least someone can.
Monday, November 3, 2008
My "big" decision
Posted by Ali at 10:42 AM
Labels: Confessions, Marcelo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Vote for Obama so Mitt will have a fighting chance in 2012! Then finally Mitt can make it mandatory to do your visiting teaching, or else he'll raise your taxes. Repeat offenders will go to jail.
*sarcasm*
It's so scary!!!! Vote for who you believe will follow through with the moral standards you believe in!
Alicia, I can totally relate to your whole post. Except I already decided I'm voting for Obama. :)
And - I will be in utah next weekend (14th,15th, 16th.) I want to see you on friday. Are you going to be in town?
you've got to be kidding me.
So who did you vote for?
Post a Comment