CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Jealous?

Marcelo has the gift. The gift of putting our baby to bed. He's done it 3 times already just today. There is something about his singing that knocks her right out. It's a combo of being off key and a falsetto/vibrato that I can most accurately compare to the 1930's version of Snow White. You know all breathy and warbling. Let's just say it does the trick every time.

He's awesome. The third time that he did it, he came out and said "Does it make you upset? That I can put her to sleep when you can't?"

Does it make me UPSET? Are you kidding me? Upset that you can now take a very active role in the raising of our child? The fact that you can provide me with much needed relief when she's been screaming for 45 minutes? The fact that you now have a "thing" with your daughter and it makes you a better father? Am I upset about all of this. HELL YES I AM!!!

Kidding, of course. I love the fact that he can do this and help me out. So I just have one word for all of you. . . Jealous?

4 comments:

Beth said...

Nathan and I used to make putting Logan to sleep a game, since it was such an arduous process the first six months of his life. The person who got him to sleep got a point, and you got bonus points if he slept more than four hours straight. After a week Nathan had a *huge* lead points-wise and I never did make up the deficit.

I was not at all jealous. That's the kind of game where EVERYBODY wins. :-)

Amy said...

Hey, making it into a game is a GREAT idea, Beth!

But yeah, I totally hear you on that one. For some reason, Danny's always been really good about getting Katelyn to go to bed and I always thought, "MORE POWER TO YA !!(And one less chore for me.) WOO-HOO!" Jealous? I think NOT!

Amy said...

I love that Marcelo sings to her. My husband was in band and choir all through high school and he doesn't sing to our daughter. That's AWESOME, Marcelo!

Reggs said...

I hope this is the start of a beautiful friendship...between you and your pillow. YOU NEED SLEEP, GIRL!