CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hi, My name is Alicia. . .

Top ten ways you know that you have a blogging problem:

10. You wake up early to write a blog about being addicted to blogs

9. When you moved houses, the first thing you did was make sure your Internet was up and running. Otherwise you might've been forced to put on clothes and leave the house to blog!

8. You feel guilty when you go several days without blogging becuase you feel like you are "letting down" your fans.

7. You are delusional enough to think that you have "blogger fans"

6. When your husband comes home from school you rip the laptop out of his hands so you can check Google Reader for updates.

5. You have a separate blog for your child, your husband, yourself, your family as a whole, your job your ward calling and another one "just for fun."

4. You leave an event early so you can go home and blog about it.

3. Your husband comes home and asks how your day was and you say, "Didn't you read my blog about it?"

2. You have a dream where you almost get carjacked in the parking lot of your old job. In your dream you get away and notify the police, but they can't do anything. You are still mildly shaken up about it, but you drive away thinking, "Well at least I'll get a good blog post out of it."

1. And then you wake up and are DISAPPOINTED THAT YOU WEREN'T NEARLY CARJACKED CAUSE THERE JUST WENT YOUR COOL POST!!

If you have any of these symptoms, please feel free to join me every Wednesdays at noon for my"Bloggers helping Bloggers" program. It's at my house here in Provo. Don't forget your laptop and your digital camera so you can take pictures of the event to post later on your blog.

Refreshments will be served.

5 comments:

Amy said...

ROFL Oh my gosh. I'm totally there. I've been able to restrain myself a bit more since Katelyn got more mobile...but seriously! My fav is #3! HAHAHA!

anderson.fam said...

It's nice to know I have someone to talk to when I need it...

Beth said...

TOO FUNNY. (It's funny because it's true.) ;-)

I am seriously embarrassed sometimes when people find out that I blog, and not just the casual oh-look-I-posted-three-pictures-of-my-vacation blog that some people do. But on the Internet there are people like me, that support my Internet addiction! Ha ha. :-)

Reggs said...

oh man, how TRUE this is. I won't check blogs unless i have a good hour to devote to reading them, responding to them and coming up with an awesome post myself. yes, some people are out curing cancer, and I am trying to think of a fun way to blog about my kid slobbering on my cell phone.
HOWEVER...there are some EXTREMIST bloggers out there. We shall call them Shiite bloggers, who really feel like their life and friendships will end if they don't make a post once an hour. It's not the Matrix, people!!
but funny post, WAY funny! I am coming, if not just for refreshments.

Lisa said...

I wish I could be a more dedicated blogger, I just don't think I have the time or that exciting of a life. I don't get the whole "I have 5 blogs" thing, seriously. WHO has that much time?