CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Te Presento Evelyn Loor

Hola Presiosura,

Hoy día tu papi te dio un nombre y una bendición. Somos miembros de Park 6th Ward en Orem Utah, y nuestra capilla se encuentra en Center Street y 400 West en Orem. Todos los presentes fueron: Tus tíos Chad & Sarah, tus primos Isabel, Jack y Noah, tu tío Nate, tu tío Jacob y su novia Clarín y Cristian & Georgia y Amy & Juan Carlos quienes son amigos de tus padres. Tu papi te dio la bendición acompañado con Chad, Nathan, Juan Carlos, Cristian y Hermano
Woolley quien es 1° consejero en el obispado.


Tu papi te dió la bendición en español aunque casi nadie habla español en nuestro barrio. Lamento que nadie más que yo escribí las palabras de tu bendición porque tengo miedo que no escribí todo. Pero hice lo que pude. Debes saber que tu papi empezó a llorar cuando estaba dándote la bendición. Todos pudieron ver el amor que él tiene para ti. Aunque la gente no entendieron todo, pudieron entender El Espíritu y el amor con que te bendijo.


Y el bendijo con lo siguiente: Tus padres te aman. Gracias por ser una bendición en la vida de tus padres. Gracias por venir a nuestra familia y traer tu amor. Te bendecimos con sabiduría, y conocimiento. Te bendecimos con el poder de hacer decisiones correctas para regresar a tu Padre Celestial. Que puedas reconocer lo bueno en la vida. Quiero que sepas que tu Padre Celestial te ama. Te bendecimos que tengas a Jesucristo en tu mente y reconozcas sus enseñazas. Te bendecimos con salud, que tu cuerpo crezca sano y fuerte. Te bendecimos con humor y con obediencia a tus padres. Te bendecimos que puedas seguir el camino recto que te lleva a la salvación. Tus padres te aman, y haremos todo lo posible para hacerte feliz y ayudar que te permanezcas en el camino angosto y estrecho.

Te Amamos Evelyn!!


Con amor, Tus Padres.

Here are some pictures from the day.




















The dress is a loan from Cristian and Georgia. They were at the blessing and are currently renting our house. Thanks you guys!!
















Here is a picture of my sister, her 3 kids Nate, Jake and Clarin. And of course Evelyn in her blessing dress. I don't know why she was so giggly and happy that day!! But I'm really happy she was. We got some great shots of her. Oh, and of my boobs too. You can't NOT get them in the picture. They're huge, as we all know.

And for all of you who don't speak Spanish, here is the translation.

Today your father gave you a name and a blessing. We are members of Park 6th Ward in Orem, UT and our chapel is on Center Street and 400 West in Orem. Those present were: Your aunt & uncle Chad and Sarah, your cousins Isabel, Jack & Noah, Your uncle Nate, your Uncle Jacob and his girlfriend Clarin, and Cristian & Georgia and Amy & Juan Carlos who are friends of your parents. Your father blessed you accompanied by Chad, Nathan, Juan Carlos, Cristian and Brother Woolley who is the first counselor in our bishopric.

Your father gave you the blessing in Spanish even though almost nobody speaks Spanish in our ward. I'm sad that no one else could write down the words of the blessing because I'm afraid that I didn't write down everything. But I did what I could. You should know that your father started to cry when he was giving the blessing. Everyone could see the love he has for you. Even though they couldn't understand everything, they could understand The Spirit and the love with which he blessed you.

And he blessed you with the following: Your parents love you. Thank you for being a blessing in the lives of your parents. Thank you for coming to our house and bringing your love. We bless you with wisdom and knowledge. We bless you with the power to make correct decisions to be able to return to your Father in Heaven. We bless you that you will have Jesus Christ present in your mind and that you will be able to recognize his teachings. We bless you with health, that your body may grow healthy and strong. We bless you with humor and obedience to your parents. We bless you to be able to follow the straight path that leads to salvation. Your parents love you, and we will do everything possible to make you happy and help you to stay on the straight and narrow path.

We love you Evelyn!! Love, your parents

7 comments:

Amy said...

Boy. I used every ounce of my 5 years of Spanish in middle school and high school AND my knowledge of Portuguese to figure out the beginning of your post. I should have scrolled down. I would have saved myself a lot brain power. Except the blessing is *especially* beautiful in Spanish.

Evelyn is GORGEOUS in her dress with her awesome smile. What a cutie! No wonder you've been off-line for awhile! I've missed YOU!

Gooch Family said...

She looks so sweet and cute in her dress! I can't wait to meet her.

Reggs said...

I love all of her SMILES! She is a cutie indeed. I am so happy to hear that the blessing went wonderfully and you were so happy with it. :)

anderson.fam said...

What a cutie! Great job at writing it down, that will be a treasure for sure.

Lisa said...

Wow! She looks absolutely beautiful in her blessing gown! And that smile just melts me! SO STINKIN' CUTE! I was so sad we couldn't share this day with you! Glad it went well. Oh! And I'm with Amy, I used WAY too many brain cells to remember Spanish and attempt to decipher about every third word in the beginning of your post!

Katrina said...

The dress is so pretty - and it's one of the best things about having a girl - dressup! Have a wonderful time with her. :D

Mindalynn said...

Alicia, that was so sweet! Sorry if it sounds corny, but I got all bleary eyed when you wrote about how Marcelo cried and loves your Evelyn so much. You scored a good one! (Husband I mean. Well, baby too for that matter!)