CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

TCOB


In on of my favorite episodes of Sunny (ok, let's be honest, they are all my favorite) Sweet Dee has a heart attack. Mac and Charlie decide to get jobs solely for the health benefits. When they arrive for a job interview, they only have one resume to share between the two of them. They say it's because they are "going green" and it's easier to just have the one because they are basically the same. And one of their lists of accomplishments is that for the past 10 years they have been managing every aspect of their own lives. "You know, TCOB. TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS".

I must agree with them, I also am TCOB today and mostly every day of my life. And right now I am taking care of some bloggin' business. Just, you know, random bits of my life. As if you cared.

My mouth felt really dirty about 5:30 pm in the afternoon the other day. Probably because i was taking a nap in the middle of the afternoon and you know about sleep breath. Anyway I got up and decided to do the whole mouth cleaning cycle. I flossed first, then brushed firmly but not vigorously, and then used mouthwash. It's my special "Crest Nighttime" mouthwash, guaranteed to "protect your mouth" for up to 8 hours.

See, I made the mistake of doing this about 30 minutes before dinnertime and was very alarmed to discover that all my food tasted really weird. I immediately knew it was the mouthwash, and so went and rinsed and even re brushed my mouth. But there was no getting rid of it. It was there for the next 8 hours. I will tell you this: CREST IS NOT LYING!! They will never be dragged into court for false advertising.

It made everything I ate for the rest of the night have a weird "chewing on a piece of tin foil" mixed with a "2 hours post-dentist, mouth just coming out of Novocaine deadening" taste to it. It seriously ruined my night. Because I'm really restricting my calories and I get really hungry for dinner. And then all my food was ruined? CURSE YOU CREST AND YOUR EFFECTIVE CAVITY PROTECTION!

Next item of business. I have been reading lots. And all good books (mostly) but listening to books as you are at the gym running is SUPER less effective when it comes to keeping you motivated. I know that they always say to listen to good music to keep you going, and there must be some truth to that. I always go to the gym's very dark "cardio cinema" room (Motto: Created with Fat Girls and Old Men Who Fart While Working Out in Mind) and watch a movie in near pitch black while I try to not fall off the treadmill. However, many of the movies are NOT good for gym time. Examples: 50 First Dates. That's Raven Symone movie about a road trip to see colleges, Pink Panther 2. Not great movies to keep you pumping.

Yesterday the movie was "Pearl Harbor". While Citizen Kane it is not, it does have a good amount of action and suspense in it. Especially if you've forgotten what happens in it because you saw it 2 months before your mission. (Remember that, Amy? Remember how I was at your house for like a week and we saw like a bazillion movies before you left for Brasil? Awesome) Anyway, great acting? No. Suspenseful with air jet fighting? ABSOLUTELY!! I ran constantly with my treadmill at a 1.0 incline (don't judge. I'm very large. Please congratulate me for running at all) for about 20 min and didn't even realize it.

And today was the last 40 min of "The Dark Knight" which is also super suspenseful. And kept me focused so I didn't notice my legs throbbing and how I was gasping for air. Really, it works!! the adrenaline pumping in your veins really keeps you focused. EXCEPT for one type of movie. The HORROR movie. They will show PG-13 horror movies (no slasher types) which are all played up by the suspenseful music and then having something jump out at you. Someone ALWAYS falls off a treadmill whenever that happens. One guy fell off a stationary bike the other day, but poor kid was like 4 feet from the screen, so I can't blame him. But why do they do this? I have a secret suspicion they are taping us and there will be a Youtube video up soon called "Hilarious morons at Gym!" I will be playing the part of moron #4.

Have you ever been that person falling off the treadmill at the gym? Please tell me your best treadmill biffing story. I love a good wipeout.

That's all my business for today. I'm going to try to blog more. I don't promise GREAT blogs. But I do promise more. Please let me know if you want me to go back to the "Quality not quantity" method. Oh wait, my blogs were never very quality. Nevermind.

5 comments:

Beth said...

I love your blogs because they are just so true, authentic Alicia! Yes, I love them.

I give you MAD PROPS (does anyone give out mad props anymore? Am I uncool?) for working out, period; biffing it or not. I have zero motivation to work out and have to just hope that walking up and down stairs in my house counts as exercise.

I watched that movie with Raven-Symone and the college trips and it was really, really lame. I mean, I have a soft spot for Disney Channel movies (remember Motocrossed??) but that one was terrible.

Mindalynn said...

I vote for quantity! Because, seriously Alicia, your posts are always funny and entertaining. You're one of the reasons I feel intimidated to write on my own blog, curse you! ;)

I have never seen someone fall off a treadmill, but I have little doubt I would certainly be one of the biff-it people if they had one of those dark rooms at my gym. I have lots of non-treadmill biff-it stories, after all. ....and then, I felt dumb.

Amy said...

I vote for quantity, too.

So wow! Crest mouthwash--I'm going to have to try that stuff. Only before going to bed apparently though.

I'm totally impressed you work out, too. I can barely make it up and down my stairs. I finally decided 10 minutes on the treadmill with NO incline was going to be my maximum workout and that rarely ever gets accomplished... But sounds like those action movies work AWESOME. Good tip. I'll have to try that one. I do remember you staying at my house and us seeing a million different movies. But check me--we saw Pearl Harbor in the theater, didn't we?

HAHAHA--THAT youtube video is one I'd definitely want to see. I'm probably cast as moron #3, #8, #12, #15, #16, #17, #18....I can't even count how many times I've fallen off the treadmill. Why is it that it always seems to happen in slow motion? Like you can see and feel that it's going to happen and it's almost like you are up above yourself, watching from there because despite knowing it's going to happen and trying to calculate some way, ANY way to save yourself, you can't do SQUAT about it and you fall and the treadmill swoops you off and deposits you in a belly flop on the floor. I'm well acquainted with that spot on the floor just behind the end of the treadmill. Him and me--we might as well be lovers.

Reggs said...

This is the best advertisement for Crest mouthwash I've ever seen! *puts on grocery list*

Also, I am that moron who falls off the treadmill. Or I'm not paying attention and accidentally step somewhat on the side panel and *almost* fall. Or I'm wearing silky g's under my pants and as I jog, they sag more and more. Or I go too far back on the treadmill and my headphones yank my ipod off the treadmill and it falls on the ground. Yah. I'm that person.

Oh yah, and I get winded jogging at NO INCLINE, so props to you for your mad skillz!!

Chad & Sarah Marsden said...

I fell off the treadmill in the exercise room at Ricks. I was running with my walkman on and Heather and her soon to be husband Chris come walking in. I turned, fell, walkman goes flying, batteries go flying. It was very embarrasing.
I hear you about needing action movies for the treadmill. I always end up watching Harry Potter or Spiderman over and over because the action makes me hyper and run faster. I watched Mansfield Park on the treadmill last week. Needless to say I "rested" on the side rails way too much so I could listen to dialog.