
Today Marcelo called me out of the blue and said, "I was on the freeway and something had fallen out of the back of someone's truck. There were police officers out there helping and cleaning up the mess so that no one would get hurt."
I thought this is where he would complain about traffic being backed up, or about how people are stupid for not strapping down their crap on their trucks. But he surprised me. He said, "I'm just so thankful to be living in the United States where the police officers help you to do that. I'm so thankful to be here where they take care of the roads and help clean up when there is something dangerous."
Sometimes I forget about how great it is to live in the US and all the great things we have. I like to look at it from the eyes of a foreigner and remember just how great we have it. And I'm thankful for my husband for bringing it to my attention. He's good to have around for that kind of stuff. I think I'll keep him a little while longer. . . maybe forever!
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Ameri-I-CAN!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
He;s so right.
Great point! We are really lucky!
i love that story. thank you for sharing it. wait, that sounded sarcastic, but i was being sincere! and i like that he thought to call you with that feeling. i just like everything about it.
"Amer-I-Can"
"What was the theme of last years pageant?"
"Proud to be an American."
"And the year before last?"
"USA's A-ok."
Hopefully you're title is quoting "Drop Dead Gorgeous" or I just made a fool of myself.
YES! Of course it's from Drop Dead Gorgeous.
"Amber! That is not American Teen Princess Language!
Well this is not an American Teen Princess pageant! This is. . .is. . NAZI GERMANY!1
Where do they come up with these things?"
Post a Comment