CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 12, 2010

Afternoon Delight

What do you give your child as an afternoon snack? Piece of cheese? An apple? Maybe a glass of milk and some crackers? Do you give your child frozen bread?

My child love LOVES frozen bread. See, since the diet started, I've been eating less bread. So I freeze the loaf so it doesn't go bad. (You can easily break off one individual piece and toast it if needed) Another thing about the freezer, we have one of those pull out drawers. Which a 26 pound 20 month old can open with super ease. Especially after she figures out how to use her body weight to open it. So when she wants a piece, she opens the freezer and brings me the bag.

What is it with frozen food? I can't get my child to eat cooked peas, but frozen peas? She'll eat enough to turn her poo green. Berries on her french toast? No way. But frozen berries out of a bag? I have the stained clothes to prove how much she loves them.

Another item of baby business. I have 2 private times to myself. The first one is shower time. I have no problems locking the door and putting on a video and enjoying a nice hot shower. The second "me" time is when I'm pooping. I get to poop in peace!! I do NOT feel badly as I close the door and I hear my little girl knocking on the door while I poop. It's my 3 minutes! I get 3 min of pooping time to myself.

However, one day I forgot to shut the door when I went into the shower. I enjoyed my blissful body cleaning time in peace, even though I could hear her rustling about outside the door. And when I got out, this is what I found:

I'm sure all of you have had moments like this. I'm sure your pictures are much better. And I'm sure just like me (if you are cheap and poor) you spent 7 min rolling it back up onto the roll again.

Next, my little baker. I'm putting her to work and going making some money off of her.



Excuse my horrible voice. I'm much closer to the microphone than she is.

Ok, that's all for now.

Please tell me you agree with my "bathroom time". I know you are considered a "bad mom" if you let your child cry right outside the door. But seriously! I don't need my child pointing to the faults of my naked body. AND THERE ARE SOME HUGE FAULTS.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I say bathroom time is all yours. If you start to feel guilty just make it up to her with another frozen item.

Amy said...

Wow! I'm impressed Eva can open the freezer door. Katelyn hasn't figured out how to do that yet. Is Eva teething? That might explain something about the love of frozen food...

As for bathroom time, I go either way. I'm totally fine to let her scream outside the door if I need my 3 minutes to myself. But sometimes, I want her in there in hopes that she'll learn and potty train herself. That's some wishful thinking right there!!!

And yeah, I totally spent the 7 minutes rolling TP back up just today, actually. And yestereday...
And the day before...
And the day before that... Welcome to being nearly two!

Awwwww! Her besos are so CUTE!!

Lynn said...

My mom always locked the bathroom door on me and I would lay down and do the fingers under the door thing. But I turned out alright. Minus my complete lack of personality that kept me from a career as a lawyer, ya know. I'm sure that's not from being locked out of the bathroom.

The baker video is so so so cute. Your child is so so so cute. Have you considered pageants? With a flipper and a bump-it, she could be bringing home the bacon and you could be looking like the world's biggest tool of a mom on Toddlers and Tiaras. It's something to think about.

Gooch Family said...

Your daughter is so cute! I think our daughters could be friends - Bella loves frozen waffles. I ask her if she wants it toasted but nope, frozen it is. I even tried it once and I wanted to barf, frozen waffles aren't that good anyway, but to eat them frozen, really? Don't know what she is thinking. She loves the frozen berries too. Kids are so funny. As for the bathroom thing, I'm totally opposite. I've never cared if Bella is in there b/c she just plays in there, or in my closet or whatever. I also think with her seeing us go so much helped her want to do it herself. She was the one who started telling us at 19 months she needed to go potty so you might want to consider it sometimes just for the sake of potty training (the most annoying thing so far in raising a child!!!)

Reggs said...

The worst is when you go to roll up the toilet paper, and some of it is *slightly* wet. Then as you're using it, you see that warped part of the toilet paper and you remember that it was on the floor.
And as you wipe, you just pray...