CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Numbers Again


A few more numbers for you:

8: Total number of teeth my baby has with

4: being the number of teeth on top. Meaning that when she feeds on my tender milk bags there are some nice crescent shaped red marks accompanying some SERIOUS pain. What was I thinking feeding her this long?

6: Number of weeks until she stops breastfeeding. Is it the end of June yet? Please? Pretty pretty please?

2: Number of very sore boobs I've got right now. Seriously. Did I mention the red crescents? Right next to the nipple? Cause that's where they are. In the "sweet spot" of tenderness. Even now 15 min later, I can still feel them aching.

1: The number of mothers living in this house that will seriously miss it when her baby finally stops breast feeding. I don't know. Call me crazy, but it's been so sweet bonding with her and having fun while she eats. She sticks her finger in my mouth these days and plays with my teeth and I get to whisper to her in Spanish. I'm really going to miss that.

1: The number of mothers living in this house that will NOT miss leaking in the morning. YES!! I STILL LEAK ALMOST A YEAR INTO THIS!!! I'd like to see any of you who still have leaky boobs this long.

Man, I'm like a freak of nature. I should sell tickets. It's a slow economy: I'm charging per boob.

Nuff Said

5 comments:

Reggs said...

I had always wished I had made it to a full year just to save on formula, so you have me BEAT! The teeth thing is crazy, woman!

hil said...

wouldn't that shirt be so much better (though less nursing focused) if it said weapons of mass distraction? i'm so making that shirt.

Doug, Jen & the boys said...

You know, I dealt with that -- more with Owen than Gavin but it passed. I just weaned Owen around 22 months. I was going to try for two years but I started taking some meds that weren't ok with breastfeeding. I weaned Gavin at 18 months but I was 3 months pregnant by then so it was just too hard for me to continue. I was SO sad about it. It's been much easier with Owen.

I don't think you're weird at all for being sad.

Gooch Family said...

I was sad, but at the same time, it didn't take long at all to get over it. Why 6 weeks anyway? What's in 6 weeks? Why not just stop now and try starting her on whole milk. She's only a few weeks away from a year and there is nothing magical that happens on the day she turns 1 that makes it ok to drink milk all of a sudden. A few weeks isn't going to hurt. Anyway, just a suggestion since it seems you are counting down the days already.

sarah marsden said...

Breastfeeding totally rocks. I am amazed that you are still leaking in the am. That is some serious milk production.