Dear Gentleman panhandling for change outside Sam's Club in south Provo today:
I might be more inclined to give you my spare change if you weren't chatting on a cell phone while you sat on the curb holding a cardboard sign which professed your dire need for money because you are hungry.
Just in case you were wondering why I gave you a crusty when I drove by: it was the cell phone.
Love,
Me
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Dear Kind Sir. . .
Posted by Ali at 9:01 PM
Labels: A funny thing happened
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
HA! No way! That is too funny!
upon reading my last comment, it sounds totally bitchy. i honestly didn't mean it to sound serious. i know exactly what you mean and have been in similar situations. i once saw a hippy couple with a sign that said, "please we need money. girlfriend needs new dildo." how filthy is that? i wanted to hit them with my car.
The other day, we were at Walker's and a lady came up to our car and asked us for "gas money". She was holding her very nice cell phone with a brand new set of acrylic nails. SUCK IT, you freakin liar!!
I bet we'd all make a lot more money if we begged. We'll stand by wal-mart wearing our strategically ripped clothing then once we make our quota we'll jump in our BMW and go home to our 5 bedroom beach house.
That's the way to go I tell you.
SERIOUSLY, especially if you live in Utah, begging is LOST on me. Like, are you KIDDING? There is Welfare Square fricking 10 blocks away. Don't hold your little cardboard sign and pretend to cry. Life sucks when you can't afford crack. No sympathy from me, unless you count my fast offering. Suckas!!
Post a Comment