Did you know I played rugby at BYU? We were pretty good. I played before and after my mission. But after my mission I was much more interested in working on getting Marcelo here, so I wasn't as focused on the game.
But I LOOOOVE rugby. Marcelo and I keep talking about going to Europe one day so that he can see a Chelsea game and I can see ANY rugby game. And we're gunna do it. . Eventually
But in the meantime, we get our sports fix online and on TV and in person if we can. The BYU rugby team is pretty good, but there is just something about the speed and power of professional rugby. I think that's the the case with any professional sport, wouldn't you say? But I don't think I can pass up this awesome chance.
So, how excited are you for this? See, if you pay one price, you get to see TWO Rugby games. That's right!! One game starts at 1:15 and another one starts at 4 pm. See, you can go to one
(or both) of them and then be home for a cup of hot chocolate before it gets cold. And's it's at the Real Salt Lake Staduim, so it's close! I'm so excited.
So who's with me? Do I have any takers? Tickets are pretty cheap: You can still get great seats for $25. Or we can get the "still good but not great" endzone tickets for $15. Maybe that's not worth it to you. So I'll make you a promise: Whoever agrees to go with me, I'll come over to your house, make you dinner and explain the game of rugby to you before we go. That way you won't have to ask me right in the middle of a crucial play why they keep going into their little organized huddle thing, or why they lift up one person by the shorty shorty shorts and why they keep running with the ball once they reach the end-zone. I can explain all these things to you.
And if you pick up on the basics really quickly, I'll even go into the out of bounds on the fly/out of bounds on the bounce rule and what it means when it's done behind the 22 meter line. Come on!!! PUUUHHH-LLLEEEEEEAAAASEE??
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Monday, October 27, 2008
Calling all Competitors!!
Posted by Ali at 6:00 PM
Labels: My Favorite Things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hmmmmmm...methinks I know what you wanted me to call you about. We would totally be game except $25 a piece?!?!?! You have to understand...the Real game was FREE for us and the Bees games we went to were about $2 a piece. Except I have to admit, the whole time I was watching the Real game I was thinking back to your rugby days and thinking, Rugby is even cooler than this... If I were still single and rich I would TOTALLY be there!! But if you do go--be sure to park at the mall and take the shuttle. It's AWESOME! (If they do that for the rugby game.)
Ok....it's all starting to make sense now. I didn't know you played at BYU, but I still get the BYU Rugby emails (cuz all your old email gets forwarded to me) and so now I understand WHY! That's awesome that you played. JD LOVES rugby too (a byproduct of an Australian mission). He would probably be interested....I'll see what he thinks...
If I lived there I'd so be there!
About the comment left on my blog: Did you ever find out what exactly the butt cheeks were advertising? No, we didn't have things thrown at us, except the finger every once in awhile. Compared to the rest of the state, our county is pretty conservative so we had a lot of horn honks, thumbs up, waves. One women yelled out her window "f***haters!" and then nearly rear-ended the car in front of her. Karma. No, it would have been really sad if people had thrown things. There were a lot of kids, young kids, among us!
I am SO there with you! I could really care less about rugby and don't know the FIRST thing about it, but if you are gonna make me dinner and then I get to hang out with you all day?? SURE! When is it?!
I most certainly remember those rugby days, with your big ugly bruises and your maga-sized bottle of ibu profen. :-) Now THAT'S a sport.
I totally would have gone with you too if I lived there! I do remember the fun of watching Rugby, even though I never did quite get all the rules. I clearly remember your bruises, too! Yeesh. What position did you play again--hooker, right? (Har, har.)
Post a Comment