It's on the right. It's called "The Announcement." I'm sorry, it's not great. Just as anti-climatic as I worried about. The meeting lasted 33 minutes, and I put out the "announcement" about minute 20. Guess how long the baby discussion was? TWO FREAKING MINUTES!! I made it around minute 20, and then it was 2 minutes long, and then after that we continued to talk about CRAP for another 11 minutes. There's your 33 minutes.
Wanna know why I think Jean did that? Because she's a power hungry wench. And she can't stand the thought that we would end the meeting on "my" terms. UGGGHHH. I would like you to all take notice of my nervous talking thing. I feel the need to fill the space with sound. No one is saying anything. It's horribly uncomfortable. And then Dan goes right back into talking about himself. Nice. Classy. Typical. Jamie actually said it was the STRANGEST thing that she's ever been a part of. But that's only
I would like you to know that it's hard to hear on the recording, but right after I say, "having a baby" Jean says, "We WONDERED when you were going to tell us." She's a liar: she had NO IDEA, but again, it's a power issue. Can't let someone get the "better" of her.
But the BEST part of this whole recording is when Jean starts talking about the racial backgrounds and types of disabled people that she doesn't like to sell homes to because they are "too difficult" to deal with. I like that she's a not-so-closeted homophobe and racist. It makes work interesting to think about what horrible thing she will say today. I'm thinking that she'd better mind her P's and Q's or this recording could end up in the hands of the Utah Real Estate Board of Ethics office or maybe at the Better Business Bureau.
Like I said, I have the whole thing here on my computer. If you are all DESPERATE to hear it, I'll upload it. Oh, the other good part is that right before she says it she says, "Oh, well, i'll just say it. . . We're not being recorded here." Laughable. Ironic. And she continued on with the derogatory statement. Again, very very classy. How much money do you make again? Can you give me that figure again? And then let's hear you say something against people with dark skin. Lovely. Just what I wanted.
Finally, I would like to direct you all to the comments of the previous blog where my former roommate Amy says that my job is now the barometer for horribleness in the workplace. Glad I could be of some use to you all. Remember, it's not REALLY a horrible job unless your boss makes racial slurs, personal attacks and then threatens to sue you. I only wanna hear your work stories if you experience those three things on a daily basis.
Wait, never mind. I don't want to hear your stories. It will just bring up nightmares.
I think I have Summit PTSD.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Here it is, Just what you have been waiting for
Posted by Ali at 7:53 PM
Labels: Summit Sucks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
BAHAHAHA! Oh, you SO got the best of her. First of all, the wholel "We wondered when you were going to tell us" comment is a load of crapola! I like how she waited several minutes before she said anything. WHY? Because she had to pull her jaw up off the floor. Second of all, if she had ANY inkling that you were pregnant, you KNOW she would have brought it up to you (or shall we say accused you of it) long before. Why? Because she has to be in charge and would want to call you out on it if she suspected it. So, don't be disappointed that it seemed anti-climactic, it wasn't. If you could have been inside her head, you just KNOW she was pissed. WOO HOO! Mission accomplished! LOVE the fake out approach!
Awesome. So, so awesome. Of course Jean didn't know! But she has to be in control. You can tell from Dan's shock that none of them had ever talked about it. They are so full of crap. They know they are screwed when you leave in a month. There is no way they can survive without you. But you are out of there soon! YEAAAAAAA!!!!
Seriously? This rocked. You did a great job, and I totally agree with Lisa: that slight pause from Jean was her quietly pooping her pants. I bet she had to get up from her chair, and go wash her pants out in the toilet. Then later on in the day, when she realized that she has AAAAA month to replace you, she probably shat again. Those aren't cinnamon farts you are smelling!!!
Here is how it went:
Alicia: I am pregnant!
Jean (in her head): WHAT?? OH SH**!!! SH** SH** SH** Mother F**ker, oh I am so screwed!!! Quick, say something that indicates you are in control.
Jean: We wondered when you were going to tell us.
Dan (in his head) We wondered? This is news to me. Act cool.
Alicia: Yep! And the baby has lots of hair.
Jean (in her head) F**K! What am I going to do??? Oh no, oh no, I think I just pooped a little. OH dammit to hell, I DID POOP. Just squeeze, Jean, just squeeeze. OH Judas, what am I going to do when she leaves?? OH F**K! F**K! F**K!!
Jean: Hmmm.
Alicia: We're so excited to move somewhere that has a backyard. I'm going to have a dog AAAAND a baby!
Jean(in her head): WAAAAAAHHH!! She is going to have a real family, and while her dog and baby are playing in a backyard, I am still going to be rich and miserable and watching 1970's pornos and eating straight from the bag of Costco bacon! WAAAAAAHHH I am a miserable old douche bag!
Jean: mmm hmmm.
Dan(in his head): What is that smell? Did Jean just crap her pants again? Quick-change the subject.
Yea definitely no way they knew. Jean was so in shock it took her awhile to say something, and that was because she was trying to think of something to say to act like she knew. Since she is boss she has to act like she knows ALL that goes on in her office and everything about the people working there. Truth is, she had no clue. I can picture her nodding her head up like she always does when she lies. I'm sure you know the nod she does I'm talking about. I can hear it in her voice - she had no idea. And they quickly moved on because they all felt like idiots not knowing their assistant is almost 9 months pregnant!! I think you did it perfect! Good job! Now we all can't wait for you little munchkin to get here!
HAHAHAHAHA - Reagan's comment is hilarious and so true!!! I would be laughing out loud right now but I would wake Bella. Love it!
You did it!!
So I didn't listen to the other recordings yet, but I did listen to this one. Yeah, WHAT is Jean's problem?? It feels like she's one of those one-uppers .. "I'm having a baby. And I'm moving. Life changes for me -- coming up!" "Yeah, well *I* already *knew*!" Um, first of all, whatever, and second -- what should we say, "good for you, Jean?" (Why is this announcement, of which you really have no part of, about you??)
Not much longer, Alicia.
Post a Comment