I love my husband. On most nights he lets the baby climb in bed and snuggle next to him and lets me sleep. Sometimes he'll poke me and tell me to take her back and put her into bed, and I am happy to do it! It's nearly impossible to pick her up while she's sleeping on your bicep. I know, I've tried it. And he's so good to let his arm fall asleep for her comfort.
And every Friday night he makes sure that he takes care of her 100% so I can get up early and run. He's so good about that. I'm lucky I have a husband that doesn't mind our baby sleeping in bed with us for a few hours every night. And I'm just lucky that she's sleeping when she comes into bed with us! She used to try to play when she would get up at 1 am, which would result in a fight and then putting her back into bed over and over again (up to 3 hours of it) but now she just crawls in bed and falls back asleep within seconds. I do consider myself lucky. Especially because some nights I will wake up and say to Marcelo "Oh, she slept the whole night in her bed!" and he'll say, "uh, no." :) Now THAT'S a good husband.
On a negative note, I am SOOOO angry when people don't return their books to the library on time! I'm sure I've already ranted about this, but it's SO annoying to see the due date online (the 30th) but nothing. THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN WAITING ON THIS BOOK FOR MONTHS, PEOPLE!! TAKE IT BACK ON TIME!!! If you want to know, yes, I take back all my books on time. Furthermore, when it is an especially "coveted" book, I try to make sure it is returned within a week. And if it is a book on CD, I return it the SAME DAY. I think they should give certain people special "24 hour club" status. And they have to return certain books within 24 hours. And if they abide by the rules of the club, they get to keep their membership. I think I will suggest that in the library "suggestions box" the next time I go.
I'm running a half marathon in 2 weeks. I'm quite nervous about it, but I've
been training and I should be ready for it. My sister in law, sister, brother in law, and maybe a few cousins will be there to support me and some will run it with me. Well, I don't think they will run "with me" but they will be running in it as well. It's in Kansas City, and it's expensive. Not the race so much, but the airplane tickets, the shoes, the socks, and the band aids for my bloody nipples all add up! (I'm kidding about the bloody nipples part. I think that only happens to men). I'm very lucky that my brother and his family are putting up with me for such a long time (To find the best price, so I had to stay a full week) but I'm going to make it up to them. I'm going to teach my nieces the patented "Judd Fall" which you know will make them the most popular kids in school. And I'll show my nephews the awesome dance moves I just learned on "IASIP"
So that's what's been going on in my life. I hoped I could put a post about how I reached my goal weight, but I cannot. My body HAAAAATES me. Seriously, I'm practically starving it to death and it refuses to drop .2 pounds. I'm not kidding you, I'm .2 pounds away from reaching my goal, and it just won't do it. I guess that tells me that I need to make a lower goal. So now I can say I don't have to lose just .2 pounds, but 25.2 pounds. So when you look at it like that, it's not so miserable that that last little bit won't come off.

So let's hope that my long run today will have some effects on the scale in the upcoming days. Here's Hoping!
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Just a few things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, good luck with your half-marathon!! How cool are you? Very cool, that's how cool.
And I am feeling guilty that I'm reading my Google Reader instead of the overdue library book I've got sitting on my desk. Oops. I used to be REALLY good about getting to the library, too!! Not anymore, I guess!
I was just about to ask if I could come support you because you are SOOOOOO awesome to do that, but then I read where the race was located. I'D be so awesome if I went there to support you! Seriously, though, you are amazing. I can't even lose the beginning .2 pounds of a large amount that I need to lose. A certain party certainly didn't help... So the fact that you are so close to your goal is AWESOME.
LOVE the good husband story. He sounds great. It's nice to hear good husband stories because when I hear bad husband stories it's too easy to go off on my own. And I don't have a bad husband at all. So good husband stories = GOOD!
As for the library, YES, YES, YES! I return my books ON TIME (or at least 92.97% of the time) and when it's a coveted book I return it in 2 days MAX. Today I finally got Mockingbird (#891 on the waiting list or something like that) and I went it to tell them that I don't need it anymore. The librarian loved me for it. At least I got love--even if I didn't get a club membership.
Good luck on your 1/2!! I hope you will post lots of pictures of your bad self crossing the finish line. (yes, I just said "your bad self.") That'a a lot of training to get there! Did you have any problems with your knees with all that running? Can you tell me how to fix mine??
YOu are going to do great. And .2???? I have fallen way off the wagon. I need to get back to spark.com and get my act together. I did go running this week with my fancy new watch that I JUST figured out how to work and I realized I love knowing my pace. It makes me speed up and enjoy a little burst of energy. Love it.
Wow, I love the random assortment of topics! Kept me on my toes. First of all, you are a nice mom. I never let my kids sleep in my bed. I'm mean. I want my personal space to drool on, so you guys are better parents than I am. :D
Re: Library books! I take most of mine back on time, but sometimes I get lazy and just renew the book online so I don't have to go find it and take it back. I deserve a few lashings for that.
Re: Your marathon. WOOT! I can't wait to see the pictures and hear the stories. I think that is CRAZY awesome that you are doing that! I'll be supporting you from afar, I know you'll do awesome.
Post a Comment