CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 15, 2010

A Fashion Question

So I have this skirt that I FINALLY fit into again. But it's kind of a light cream/pale pale pale yellow. It's linen, and looks more like a neutral color, but with a hint of yellow. It's an H&M skirt which I LOVE just because I bought it in NY right after my mission, but also because it was what I was wearing when I saw my husband for the first time after my mission and the first time I kissed him. Oh, and he asked me to marry him when I was wearing it. So, it's basically a magic skirt. For both of us.

My question, is it too late in the year to wear it? It is definitely more of a spring/summer skirt. But it probably won't fit me next spring/summer. So can I still wear it now? I worked really hard to fit into it, but it only fit me too late in the summer season.

I leave the debate up you you, my friends. I have no fashion sense at all. As can be seen by the fact that I am currently wearing jeans I purchased at D.I. and a shade undershirt that I found in the back of my closet and is probably 5 or 6 years old. So, basically I'm dirty and nasty.

If you say I have to wait, I will. I mean, I've waited 4+ years now, what's one more, right?

What is the oldest piece of clothing you still wear on a regular basis? OR What is the one piece of clothing you keep or have kept in hopes that you will someday fit into?

8 comments:

Mindalynn said...

Sooo, I don't actually know much about fashion myself. But, I say--heck yes, you should wear that skirt! Who cares what season it is! I thought seasonal color issues were a relic of bygone days (except for in the South, where I think you still have to wait until Easter to wear white shoes or something.)

Emily said...

I say wear it. Magic skirts are never out of season.

Doug, Jen & the boys said...

Wear it!!!

Amy said...

I would totally wear it. Of course, that's coming from someone who has worn the EXACT. SAME. SKIRT every Sunday for 3 and half years now because it's the only one that fits me and I REFUSE to go and buy one that size. I'd be ready to jump into any new skirt that FIT! WAY TO GO YOU!!

hil said...

hells yeah, you should wear it. i think i have pretty good fashion sense (some may protest that statement) and i think that you could pair it with a cute brown top/shoes and accessorize the hell out of it and it would look great. yes, the south maintains fashion rules (as we maintain the word "yankee" which is proof enough that our system is flawed), but Miss Manners said that you can wear white after labor day now. so, all systems go. plus, it's h&m (my own personal mecca) and it must needs be cool forever.

the oldest thing i own and still wear. hmmmm. that's tricky because i never, ever get rid of anything. as you know, my closet looks pretty well stocked, but it's an illusion, Micheal, because they are all clothes i've had since highschool. i have an h&m shirt that i have actually never worn, but have held onto it for the last 13, yes, count them, thirteen years. it's really cute, or at least it was 13 years ago. give it another decade and it will come right back in style and i'll be so chic, baby!

congratulations on fitting into your amazing skirt.

hil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

I would so wear it! Not sure if that's saying much. But hey, it is totally warm enough this fall (if Utah's weather is anything like ours, anyway) to get away with a summery skirt.

Anyway, congrats, and I aspire to your coolness. I have this pair of black pants that would be great to fit into that are eight years old -- yeah, I got married and haven't seen that size since. (As for actual oldest clothes I'm still hanging onto, I've got plenty of pajama-type shirts from high school and middle school ... and one from elementary! I'm now grateful my mom made me buy the extra-large, haha).

Unknown said...

Of course you should wear it! The oldest thing I've worn was a shirt that I didn't realize just how old it was until I was an extra on the movie "Into the Wild." We were shooting a scene from the 80's, and the wardrobe lady came up to me and said my shirt would work just fine and I didn't need to change!