CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 14, 2010

I've learned my lesson this time. . . . I SWEAR

I do it every time. I say, "This time I'm sure it will be different. This time it won't be so bad. It was an accident, this isn't the norm. I just need to change how I approach the situation, and then everything will be better." But I've finally accepted the truth. And I'm not going back. That's right. I'm breaking up with you, Cafe Rio.

Every time I go there no matter what I eat, I always end up regretting it. I regret it as I'm eating it, and then for the next 12-48 hours. There is no food there that I can eat and the feel good about myself later. It's not the fattiness of the food, per se. It's just the essence, the flavor, the lingering nastiness. And I'm done with it.

So, if you ever suggest that we go to Cafe Rio for lunch or dinner, the answer will be "sure! I'll meet you there and I'll bring my own food to eat while you eat that sludge they call a meal"

I nearly vomited a little in my mouth just writing this post. And you should know that it's been 5 days since I had my last horrible experience there. But that's how long it stays with me. But I'm seriously staying away this time! I'm super SUPER SERIAL!

3 comments:

Amy said...

MMMMMMmmmm!!! I love me a good Cafe Rio salad. That's the only thing I've ever tried there. Danny wasn't too impressed with any of the things he's had there. What about Bajio or that other one that is basically a Cafe Rio knock off? How are they for you?

Doug, Jen & the boys said...

I HATE Cafe Rio. I only went there a couple of times when I lived there but that was a couple times too many. Never liked the food and had the same "lingering" experience as you did. But I LOVE Bajio's. Love love love love love it. We have one here and it is the only place Doug and I got "out" to eat. Mmmmm.

Beth said...

I've never heard of people not liking Cafe Rio. I've got several friends and family members, in fact, that have it as a must-do on their trips to Utah or wherever. Being relatively new to the whole Cafe Rio thing, I guess I could take it or leave it. I like it quite a bit, but I'm not going to make a special trip to get it. I think that dressing everybody's always talking about is pretty tasty, though. (But definitely don't love it enough to make it myself, though. If I'm going to spend that much time in the kitchen, I need a meal at the end, not something to pour sparingly onto a meal that I still have to cook.)

I just had Rubio's for the first time last weekend and I thought it was delicious! And apparently I need to have Bajio's, I guess.