After the rain last Saturday, I went outside only to discover the air smelled like fall. Not just of chill and damp air, but SPICY. It smelled like cloves, cinnamon, allspice, ginger. I thought maybe someone in my apartment complex was just burning a pumpkin pie candle (or making zucchini bread or something like that) but the smell was found all around town as I ran errands that day. It made me really hungry for a pumpkin shake! Or a pumpkin doughnut!
Like I said before, I'm excited for fall this year. And even for winter, I guess. Something different. It's almost felt like it's been summer for too long. (I know! Who would've thought I could EVER think that?)
Today when I went running at 6am it was raining. It was so delicious and cool. It kept me at the perfect temperature and the run went really well despite the fact that I was soaking. I would give other people running in the rain the head-nod of understanding. "Either you love running in the rain as much as I do, or you are also training for some race" I would think. And then I would think to myself, "Hey girl, you should loose the windbreaker. You aren't doing yourself any favors. Just let the rain soak you. Enjoy it! And then go home and take a warm bath"
I know that's what I plan on doing right now.
Right after I experience some zills, that is.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Can you smell the SPICE?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Mmmmmm...yeah! Reading this reminds me of walking home from BYU on chilly days and smelling the aromas of whatever restaurant happened to be running next door to the Regency. Smells always seem stronger in the cold. I'm sure there's someone smart (you, perhaps) who could even tell me all the reasons behind that.
Post a Comment