Things are going good here. Just the norm. But I have a few questions for y'all.
Item #1.
So I don't drink soda very often. Like almost never. I've stopped going to fast food places, so I don't even get it once in a while there. I'm not judging those of you who will DIE without your caffeine fix everyday. I'm just saying, I didn't grow up with it, so it's not that big of a deal to me.
However, whenever I do "treat" myself to soda, I always grapple with myself with whether to get full sugar soda or diet. I mean, if I don't have it that often, I don't think a full sugar will hurt. But then again, I don't need the extra 130 calories. But then again, those diet ones are full of chemicals and fake sugar that gives cancer to rats. Then again, diet Sprite is hard to find at most restaurants, and I don't really like brown sodas.
See, it's quite a dilemma. Please let me know what you think about them.
Item #2.
This is for my LDS friends. I mean everyone else can read it, but it will only make sense to certain people. So my LDS friends, have you bought a new pair of chones lately? Have you noticed that they have changed the tags on them? They used to have those soft tags that after repeated wearing and washing would become threadbare and the writing would all wash off. So they "got smart" and decided to make the tags more durable. But they are now HORRIBLE irritating. They dig into your side and itch you continually.
I have started to wear my chones inside out. Well, the silky ones, anyway. The chemise top you really can't tell as much. But the silky's? Horrible. Do you think I would get in trouble if anyone knew about it?
Please don't tell on me.
Item #3
For the past few days, Evi has been trying to mimic the sound that I make when I kiss her. The "kissing" noise. You know what it is. She copies it by putting her tounge between her two sets of teeth and pulling it back with a sucking smack. Try it right now. I'll wait for you. . . .
It sounds lots like kissing noises, right? She's so smart to figure that out. (Say that line with the "parent adoration" voice. Otherwise it sounds lame) Anyway,Evi learned a new trick today. She learned how to blow kisses while making that kiss imitation sound. Gawl, it's cute!! I need to get it on camera and quick!!
I don't really have a question in regards to that one. Other than, do you want to see a video of her doing this? Well, you'll be getting one no matter what.
Item #4
If your child is OBSESSED with climbing up on the counter I have a little something to say to you. I FEEL FOR YOU!! Evi will do anything to get up on that counter. She uses my rocking chair climbing up the back, then gets onto the window seat, then onto the table. Or if that option isn't available, she'll climb up on the 3 foot high stools. (She sometimes gets stuck, and I laugh at her) But as soon as she's up there, then she can go across the counter, then across the stove and get to the spice cupboard that she really wants.
Well, spices are fun!! And it's very VERY fun to dump salt and pepper all over everything before your mom notices you are doing it. Try to get a good crunchy coating on everything before you get caught.
As for you moms, if you notice that this is going on, make sure you clean up the pepper VERY WELL. Maybe you think that you've done it well, but if you have a traditional electric stove (as opposed to a flat top stove) you need to be sure to check down in the "stove wells" for ground pepper remnants.
IF YOU DON'T AND YOU START TO COOK ON THAT STOVE TOP, YOU WILL BURN DRIED PEPPER. AND YOU WILL FILL YOUR HOUSE WITH HORRIBLE PEPPER SMOKE.
Have you ever been pepper sprayed? Me either. But now I know what it's like. It makes you choke, it makes your baby choke, and it makes your husband choke, take your baby outside, and then look at you with a glance that says: "Are you a mental patient for burning ground pepper in the house?" Which you kinda are.
So my question is, What is the worst thing you have ever burnt in your house? (Not counting your actual HOUSE burning down) Do tell. I want to feel like someone else is in the same burning boat as me.
Have a good day!! Evi sends you some air kisses!
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Odds and Tags
Posted by Ali at 4:34 AM
Labels: Confessions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I think of soda like a dessert as opposed to a beverage, because I don't drink them a lot, either. So with that in mind, I go for the regular kind. (I've been skipping desserts a lot lately, too. My mom bought me a box of ice cream sandwiches a few weeks ago when she came to visit and I have had ONE, and that was while she was here and the missionaries were over and EVERYBODY ate one.) I am just not craving them anymore. It is really, really weird (because I adore ice cream and previously ate it every day when I had some).
I noticed the tag-thing, too! But I haven't needed to buy new tops, just bottoms (I think that's because I used the nursing tops for the times when I was nursing, and so when you add that up, the bottoms have two or three more years of wear than the tops). Anyway, it bugged me quite a bit but they DID get a little softer after awhile, just took a LONG time.
Evi is cute. Yes, video please.
Evi is a MONKEY. Josh was more of a climber than Logan but he never got on the counter! AUGH!! He did pour pepper all over his plate when we had baked potatoes a week ago, then ate some, plain, and the look on his face -- yeah.
I think the worst days of burning stuff was probably days of the BAHAMA girls. It was like we used our smoke detector as a oven timer. I can't remember burning anything but meat (chicken was the worst in this house ... well, and I managed to burn soup, and then had to serve it to the missionaries ... it was both burnt AND had crunchy potatoes still; awesome). I do have a mildly funny story about our carbon monoxide detector going off in our apartment; you can search on my blog for "eulogy of an oven" and it will come up.
Soda...I don't drink it much either and as you were talking about your dilemma I realized, I've never even *considered* diet before. Bring on the sugar, baby! It's always the real deal for me except recently when I needed cola (which I never, EVER drink) for a Cafe Rio Pork recipe from our ward cookbook and then I was feeling bad about getting cola anyway so I got caffeine-free diet cola. The recipe was great, BTW but I'd add a little less brown sugar next time. I do find myself having issues with OTHER things that have that fake cancer causing sugar though. That's a whole other dilemma!
Hmmmmm...don't know a thing about the new chones but I'm still wearing my nursing ones (half the time), is that bad? 'Cause even now they don't full contain me...I won't tell on you if you won't tell on me!
Evi is SO cute AND smart. It took me about 30 seconds to figure that out. It DOES sound like a kissing noise and babies blowing kisses are the BEST! Can't wait for the video.
Wow! What a monkey Evi is! Hmm...there's a Halloween costume for you. I can't believe how much she climbs. Katelyn climbs but she doesn't get herself into a whole lot of trouble--she climbs her slide to reach the DVDs and climbs on our stools just to reach the counter when I'm cooking or baking.
Funny you should mention burning things....the past couple weeks I have become the QUEEN of BURN. I scorched carrots while I was steaming them (don't even ASK how you can do that!) burned my beans, burned several batches of bacon (does anyone else have a problem cooking bacon? It's so HARD!!), AND my favorite one I was totally clueless about. Our house was filled with this yummy campfire smell. It smelled so good that I didn't worry too much about where it was coming from until I realized that it was definitely coming from INSIDE the house, not someone else's BBQ or something. I couldn't figure out what it was, I didn't have candles going or anything. I even checked the stove and the stuff I was cooking and couldn't find anything. Finally, after double checking the stove, I realized my bamboo spoon was just a *little* too close to the burner (AKA is charred black now) but MMMMMMMMMMMMMM, it smelled good!! Smore's anyone?
I won't tell about your undies... lol
I usually drink the full sugar soda. If I'm gonna have soda, I figure I might as well go all out, right?
I just bought maternity chones, and I can't feel the tag, because they are GINORMOUS! Now, I am not a small person. I was tubby before I got pregnant and now I am still tubby, just a little rounder. So I assumed that the maternity bottoms would especially be awesome since I am pretty sure my old bottoms were so tight they were leaving an imprint on baby's forehead. But they are huge! I got the smallest size maternity ones they had, and they are still meant for like a 500 pound man. I don't understand. Anyways, point being, my tops are so long that they go down to mid thigh, so when I tuck them in I can't feel any of the tags.
Can you ship your baby to NC for a day so I can play with her? Please? Better yet, both of you can just fly out here and we can sit around watching Gilmore Girls and reality TV and eat zebra cakes and toaster oven cookies.
Um, I haven't really burned anything weird in my kitchen, but I had a roommate who burned rice so badly that it charred the bottom of my nice pot (which was part of a set that my parents had given me for Christmas) and because she was such a beeyotch and we hated each other, instead of telling me she burned it, or trying to clean it up, she just put the pot on the balcony where I found it 5 days later because I had gone home for a week. And the kitchen STILL smelled horrible when I got back. Stupid whore.
1. No soda is always best, of course. Regular soda gives some people kidney stones (but usually only when they drink it like water). Diet gives cancer. Hmmm. I love diet soda mostly because the other stuff is too sugary for me, which is really saying a lot. I can down a whole box of cosmic brownies in one sitting.
2. Don’t do that. You know this already because you even though to ask. Cut out the tag.
3. Cute! Bring it on.
4. Hmmm. I burn lots of things. Mostly my hair with the hair dryer. Now there’s a horrible smell. I once burnt my finger and no lie, it smelled like chicken. Yeah, now go eat some dinner.
Sometimes when I’m at work all day the seams in my bottom chones dig into my fleshy thighs and irritate me, so sometimes I turn them inside-out, too. Also, sometimes I wear Max’s bottoms at night because they are a lot more comfortable than mine. This is probably WRONG!!! But wearing Max’s. . . they are the same idea, just a different cut, for a different gender, right? How awful is that on a scale from one to ten?
Post a Comment