CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Jesse

Jesse is our family dog. He's a good dog. He's about a million years old. Just kidding. (Sort of) He'll be turning 14 this Christmas. He's still as crazy as the day we got him. For some reason, we get cockers. Our last 2 dogs have been cockers and blond cockers at that. But Jesse is crazier then all of them.

He loves his ball. Tennis balls will do, but he especially loves his Kong. It bounces everywhere when you throw it on the ground. He tweaks out when you throw it and it goes everywhere. The funny thing is that he still pretends he's a puppy. He leaps in the air and twists to get it. But after one jump he has to sit down cause it's just too much work for his old fat body.

But back to the ball: It's super bouncy so it springs back when he bites it. This is what a Kong looks like and what Jesse looks like with his baby:




















Here he is waiting for me to throw the ball. And what he looks like when he gets desperate. He howls this really cute way. Adorable.


















And here he is just chewing on his ball. He can just lay there for hours and chew on it rhythmically like that. It makes me smile.


However, what is NOT funny is his affection for clothes. Not just any set of clothes. We are talking stinky, smelly, crotch sweaty, armpit stained dirty clothes. THOSE are what he loves and craves. He seeks them out. And if given a chance, he'll pounce on them and eat them. Yes, he will eat right through them. Please see Exhibit "A":


In our haste to get the baby in the bath and then to bed, we made the mistake of leaving this on the couch. He snatched it up very quickly and made short work of it. Honestly, I didn't love the color of this outfit, but I loved everything else about it. It was warm and of the best quality (this is the Laura Ashley outfit, remember?) And look where he ate it. RIGHT where she threw up on it. On the arm where she sucks her hand, and on the collar where she spits up. This outfit went in the trash.

I was so upset and have been so careful to keep the dog out of places where I am. Or to pick up my clothes (And Evi's Clothes) quickly. But I'm not used to it. So sometimes I forget. See Exhibit "B":


UGH! I was so upset with this!! Melanie & Shar gave this to me along with some CRAZY adorable striped pants that match. I was so upset about this because it was my fault!! I knew better!! How could I be so stupid? However, it was just the arms. (He literally was alone for 30 seconds. How could he do this much damage in 30 seconds?) And I talked to my mom and we are going to turn this into a short sleeve shirt and re-use the cuff links. So this one can be saved.


Exhibit "C" I don't have a picture. It's my own garments. The damage is much smaller then the other two. But mostly because he only had 15 seconds this time. It's in the left armpit. I think I'm going to have to throw those away. I promise you there will be no more exhibits. I'm going to be vigilant.


But I do love Jesse. My mom got him in the divorce. She joked that he came with the house. So when she got the house, she got the dog too. I think she loves him as much as we do. It will be sad when he dies. But at the rate he's going, that won't be for a very long time.

4 comments:

Gooch Family said...

Jesse looks so sweet and innocent and then BAM he eats your clothes when your not looking! That is hilarious but not really because he ate your babies clothes.

Amy said...

Oh MY. Wow. I've never seen a dog do that but then I don't spend much time around dogs. He's so CUTE though. How could you resist him?

Mindalynn said...

Sorry Bingerang, but I have to say that this sort of thing is why I will never own a dog. I just can't get over it enough to see through to the cuteness beneath. I *hate* it when dogs smell my crotch--get your nose OUT of there!--and when they eat my socks. Ew. But, I can enjoy pictures of dogs, so I'll just look at your dogs' cute pictures and never deal with the yucky other stuff.

Lisa said...

OOOH, I feel your pain! When I saw the first picture of the Laura Ashley outfit, I gasped and said "OH NO!" out loud. It's SO frustrating when your kid's clothes get ruined, for WHATEVER reason! Yes, they are just clothes, but you pay an arm and a leg for them as it is, then they wear them for all of....three days before they outgrow them. So to see their demise come early is SO frustrating! Cute dog, though! Come home, we miss you!