CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wedding Bells

I know that everyone is wondering about this, because I made reference to it in my last blog. Yes, Jacob is Married. (Actually, that's ALL anyone commented about in my last blog. WTW?) I'll answer all of your questions. I know what you are asking because we've heard it for several weeks now:

Q: Wow!! Isn't he really young?
A: Yes, he is. He just turned 19 in April. She's 21, maybe 22 already. He's only done one semester of school and really doesn't have too many life experiences. But they want to be married and no one can stop them.

Q: Didn't that happen really fast?
A: Yes, They've only known each other since January and maybe even February. They've only been talking marriage since the 3rd week in August. Actually, back around the 24th of July, he and Clarin BOTH said that they were thinking about going on a mission at the same time and then coming back and maybe hooking up after the mission.

Q: So what happened?
A: No one knows. Were they really thinking about going, but then something "happened?" Or were they just telling us a line about the mission so we would be happy? No one knows what really happened But all of a sudden they told us they were getting married on October 14th. We all thought "Holy Crap!! That's soon!"

But it was to get worse. Two days later they came over for dinner and they said, "Oh yeah, we are going to get married in 3 weeks. On the 13th of September." Uh, what? Why so soon? Well, apparently they wanted to have it that weekend because her brother was going to get military leave and they wanted him to be there. So that's why they moved up the date.

Q: So the brother was there, right? He came to the wedding
A: No. I think they were lying about that.

Q: Why would they lie about that?
A: I don't know. No one knows. Everyone thinks that there was "ANOTHER" reason that they needed to get married, and move up the wedding a whole month. And the brother thing was a believable lie at the time. But no one is saying anything, and no one is asking. I guess we'll know if that's really the case in a few months, right? No reason asking about it now when we'll know about it soon enough.

Q: So you were able to go to the wedding, right?
A: No. I bought my ticket to Eureka the 7th of August. And he didn't announce his wedding for another 2 weeks (around the 20th of August). And he HAD to have the wedding on the 14th of September, the day before I got home. Why did he have to have it that day? Because the brother was coming home, remember? But then we know he lied about that. So basically no one knows why they "HAD" to have it that day, but it meant that no one was there.

Q: Is Jacob happy?
A: He really is! I don't think he knows what he's gotten into, but I think that right now he's happy. She's very mothering to him. She calms him down, and I think she's really a good influence on him. They've been through a lot together, and I think they will be good for each other. I think they need to get things together and go to the temple too, but they have a year to get their stuff together.

Q: So will there be a party? With Cake?
A: YES!! There will be two. One in Colorado in 2 weeks, and one in Eureka around Oct 11th or so. My mom and I went to pick out a cake for the Eureka reception cause we needed to order it quickly. (They didn't' really care what it looked like or anything. They're just showing up). We got to taste many different kinds of cake. They were awesome. Anyway, back to the reception in Colorado. My mom has talked ALL the kids into coming for the reception. Jeff and family from Missouri, and Sarah from Texas. And all the people that are in Utah? My mom is renting a 15 passenger van to haul us out there. Here's a list of the passengers: Mom, Me Marcelo, Evi, Nate, Denisse, Jules, MaxKyle, Jake, Clarin AND Clarin's brother. Yes, a random stranger will be in the car with us. It's going to be a party on wheels. Don't you wish you could be there?

Q: Ahhh, is that why you had to work at your mom's place?
A: Yes. Jake said he wanted the Eureka reception at her place. My mom's house isn't in the best condition. It's a home that was built for a great life in the 1930's and really hasn't been renovated too much since that day. It smells like wet wood, and the kitchen is SUPER MENOS EFFICAZ. If it were me, I would have it at the chapel, or at the local bar down the street. But that's what he wanted. Anyway, While I was there I cleaned out cabinets, painted, cleaned windows, laid sod and moved furniture. It was not my kind of vacation. I was kinda glad to be gone. And that makes me sad to say.

Q: So we know that you weren't at the wedding, who was there?
A: Not too many people. My mom, Nate & Denisse, Marcelo. Some of her family, a few friends. There were less then 20 (Including the bride, groom and the bishop that married them) MaxKyle went to the wedding!!! He's my sister's boyfriend, but my sister wasn't there. She was in Thailand!! So MaxKyle got to there, but not me. Great.

Q: So, I didn't see your dad on the list there. Was he at the wedding?
A: No. He wouldn't go because my mom was there. It pissed off Jake and Clarin and they wanted him to be there. They told him that he should just come and peek in and be there for the wedding and my mom didn't have to see him and he didn't have to see her. But he said no. And then he said, "Why does your mom have to go to everything?" Uh dad? Are you serious? Has she missed any big even in the lives of her kids? You haven't even seen your most recent granddaughter! Don't get mad at her for wanting to support her kids.

Q: Will your dad be at the reception?
A: Uh, a-no. Again, my mother will be there. Too bad for him, like I said before, it's going to be a raging kegger. Without the keg. Replace the keg with cake. It will be a raging caker. I'm so excited. The only thin that will kill my cake buzz is if it's chocolate. ATTENTION ALL THOSE WISHING TO GET MARRIED. THERE IS NOTHING WORSE THEN CHOCOLATE WEDDING CAKE. LEAVE IT ALONE. YOU DON'T WANT IT.

So that's basically it. Ask me any other questions and I'll be happy to answer them for you. Here are some pictures (cuase I know you wanted to see them.)

8 comments:

Sandman said...

Let's see --

congrats to jake and clarin!!! I'm so glad they are happy. I wish I could come to the reception in eureka.

you're dad's a douchebag. what a lame excuse.

hmmm...what else? Oh yeah. i have to ask. MaxKyle???

Krista said...

Your dad KILLS me! KILLS!!!

Congrats to the happy couple...

We need to do lunch!!

Reggs said...

I am glad to see they are so happy! I really like her dress. It will be interesting to see what their next set of "news" is. :)
I agree with the previous poster. Your dad is selfish as the day is long.
Thanks for the posts! So glad that you're back.

Beth said...

So sorry about your dad. That's super-lame. Nathan's parents are divorced and DO NOT get along -- and maybe it's just that they've been divorced awhile, but they put on a happy face and went to all the kids' weddings and just didn't talk to each other and posed on opposite sides of the photos from each other.

I wish your brother happiness. I hope everything works out for him. Hearing about the details struck a couple nerves with me, though, as it reminded me quite a bit of my little brother who got married and recently divorced. Yeah, 24 years old and divorced -- it breaks my heart. But I hope Jacob and Clarin can grow and mature together -- I think there are actually some advantages to getting married young.

Definitely need details on the fun trip. And where in Colorado are you headed, pray tell?? :-)

Beth said...

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! (Is it your birthday today?? I know it's close.)

Amy said...

Happy Birthday from ME, too!

WOAH. WOAH. WOAH!! I can't imagine getting married that young. (I'd be married to a different person and if things went as they have with his current wife, I'd have like 9 kids by now. YIKES!) Anyway, I'm glad they are happy and I hope they can "grow" together as Beth said.

Where is that last picture of them taken? It's a cool spot.

Sorry about your dad.

OOooooohhh. Cake tasting. Jealous. My cousin did mine so I didn't do any cake testing. But, do you remember how GOOD it was? So I guess I have no reason to be jealous. But yum...hey-you wanna fake someone's marriage so we can go taste testing together?

hil said...

happy birthday, my love.

Lisa said...

Wow, I've never met Jake, but his sounds like some serious drama! I'm sitting on the edge of my chair, waiting for the sequel of the next event!
I'm going to go warm up my voice so we can sing you ALL the birthday songs...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!