This post title is of course two fold. I feel like it's been so long since I've posted so I'm afraid that you all have forgotten about me. I know I have so many posts to do. I need to do my jam making post and I'm just so far behind. I tried to do it while at my mom's house but she kept putting me to work. See, my brother got married. but more on that later. THIS post is about another matter.
Yes, friends. I went to my high school reunion last weekend. And that is the REAL reason for the title. But you got that, didn't you? I don't know why, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. First there was a Friday night "mixer" that was the opening act to the weekend. It was at a local bar and it was lame. I talked to a few people, said hi, but really it was lame. Alyse and I put in an appearance for about an hour and then we went to Adel's for fries and shakes.
AHHH fries and shakes. Guess what, Eureka-ites? THEY STILL HAVE PINK SUGAR IN THOSE MINIATURE GLASS VASE CONTAINERS! Alyse and I j0ked that it was probably the same sugar as 10 years ago. The fries were just as awesome as ever. So was the ranch dressing into which we dipped them. And the booths are still the same. It just brings back such great memories.
Anyway, the next night was the actual reunion. After I paid my money I got my name tag. Here it is:
Yes, friends. I went to my high school reunion last weekend. And that is the REAL reason for the title. But you got that, didn't you? I don't know why, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. First there was a Friday night "mixer" that was the opening act to the weekend. It was at a local bar and it was lame. I talked to a few people, said hi, but really it was lame. Alyse and I put in an appearance for about an hour and then we went to Adel's for fries and shakes.
AHHH fries and shakes. Guess what, Eureka-ites? THEY STILL HAVE PINK SUGAR IN THOSE MINIATURE GLASS VASE CONTAINERS! Alyse and I j0ked that it was probably the same sugar as 10 years ago. The fries were just as awesome as ever. So was the ranch dressing into which we dipped them. And the booths are still the same. It just brings back such great memories.
Anyway, the next night was the actual reunion. After I paid my money I got my name tag. Here it is:
To answer your questions: Yes, that was my high school senior picture. The obligatory "hands on the back of the chair, half looking over the shoulder" shot. Gay. Yes, I had bangs back then. Not the cool "sweeping" bangs that you see on all the hip girls today. No, I had the "swiss cake roll" of bangs.
Well, see I had a sister with VERY curly hair, and I just never thought I had it because it wasn't as curly as hers. But when I finally got to college I realized that I could do my hair in like 4 seconds flat if I styled it curly. (Actually, when I had my hair cut short I would do it in 45 seconds. I would blow it dry and it created these perfect little ringlets. It really pissed Mindy off because I would just walk out of the bathroom and be done. She had to fight hard with her curling iron and still leave unsatisfied.) Anyway, Those are the curls I had.
So I have an ugly senior picture. Whatever. At least everyone was in the same state of misery as I was. But the party was a LOT more fun then I thought it would be. The girls that were hoochies in high school were still hoochies 10 years later. I am talking skin tight, boobs hanging out, people thinking they are freaking J-Lo with a plunging neckline (plunging to the navel, of course) and horrible shoes that made them look like a desperate prostitute.
Some of the guys I wish I had made out with: Alpesh, Joel Correa, Jared Salter, and that one guy that was in our AP History class. What was his name? Ryan? Man, I should've made out with him.
EXTREME WARNING!!! THIS VIDEO HAS EXPLICIT LANGUAGE!! VERY EXPLICIT!! DON'T WATCH THIS IF THE "F" WORD UPSETS YOU. You have been warned
I doubt anyone watched that after my warning. I'll just let you know it was hilarious. And everyone got to see Ryan Dexter's naked butt.
So I need to comment on what Jessica wrote in my comments section. She talked about our graduation party where they lock you in the bowling alley so that you can't drink and drive that night. Oh, remember when I told you in my "Highway 101" post that the Seniors before us wouldn't give us the Christmas Tree Sales? Well, they made so much money that at their party they gave away awesome gifts like TV's and big wads of cash. We had to give lame gifts like buckets of car cleaning supplies. *Thanks again class of '97. But I'm still not sad we kicked your trash in Powder Puff* Anyway, the party was called "Safe and Sober" and I guess it did it's job because no on in my class died that night from drunk driving.
But she is right when she said that everyone gets drunk BEFORE they get locked up in the bowling alley. And they call this little bus that will come and pick you up wherever you are, no questions asked. And I hated that place. It was so lame, and you can only play so many games of pool before you want to just go home and sleep. And I'm not surprised you were the only ones dancing there. Everyone else was too high on shrooms to be able to stand.
Oh, and the the "club" that we went to go to was called "Club West"and it's a shameful secret that I don't like to talk about. Not that we every did anything that was shameful, but I just look back and cringe that THAT'S what we thought was a good time. Coming home, smelling like smoke, and having nasty men trying to grind up on you and you having to dance around in circles to try to keep their hands off of you. See why I don't want to talk about it? Oh, and Sunday night was "Club Triangle" for gay and lesbian partiers. I WOULD talk about that if I had gone to one of them. Yech.
So here is a picture of Alyse and I at the reunion.
Here's to another 10 years. GO LOGGERS!!! CLASS OF '98 4-EV-R
(If anyone wants to know who I talked to and what they are doing, please let me know. Like do you know want to know how Trish Keller and Mark Barsanti are doing? Or Michelle Merideth? Or Sicily Crivello and Mark Benzinger? Just ask me. I'm too tired to post all my conversations here. Oh, and 99% of my readers don't give a crap)
6 comments:
your brother got married?!?
Jake got married??? WHAT??? And you know I want all the details. And I do mean all. You better email me!!!
Oh no... what a great video. I love the picture of your name tag. It looks like something from the cover of one of those painful coming of age high school dramas.
The senior picture is AWESOME. Please tell me that you also have one where you are leaning on a bookcase full of books. I love it when they give the person an opened book, so the picture looks like you just *surprised* someone who happened to be reading...while wearing a suit.
I also love the senior picture where the girl is holding a rose. In all of these that I've seen, the girl has fake nails on, and that's ALL you can concentrate on.
I am really proud of you for going! I didn't want to see the hootchies at my reunion.
I think it's hilarious that you didn't know you had curly hair for so long. When we worked together, I always secretly wanted to kick you in the teeth (if I could get my leg that high) because even on days when you didn't do anything to your hair, it was still cute and curly. And you look really cute in that pic with your friend, so I still kinda wanna kick you in the teeth:)
HAHAHA SWISS ROLL BANGS! I TOO had swiss roll bangs! Remember, you would curl them under with your curling iron, and then while holding them in the curling iron, SOAK them with hair spray and here it FRYING your bangs?! Oh yeah, those were the days. Why DID we do bangs with curly hair....you're right, it never works.
CUTE picture. Kudos to you for going, your posts crack me up. See ya for breakfast tomorrow, birthday girl. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Post a Comment