
We had a very traumatizing experience on Wednesday: two month shots. If any of you mothers out there say that it doesn't traumatize you to hold down your baby's arms as they are injected with a diluted virus, you are a horrible horrible liar. Or you are just a horrible horrible person. I didn't think that I would have a problem with this. But as she started to get poked all over, she looked and me and stuck out her bottom lip and then just WAILED.
Oh my goodness!! Tears instantly sprung into my eyes. I couldn't help it. And she kept looking at me like I had betrayed her. Oh, I was so sad for her. And she did NOT do well the rest of the day. She would only sleep in my arms, and every so often as she was sleeping, she would just spontaneously wake herself up screaming. Oh, the poor little thing. We didn't see a smile all night until we woke her up for bathtime. A nice hot bath, and some baby Tylenol and she was in heaven. She actually slept for most of the night after that. Well, one more dose of Tylenol was needed in the middle of the night but she really did do well. here's picture of her chubby pincushion legs:To answer your question, YES, I know those diapers are too small for her. She wears a size 1 in Huggies, but apparently she's moved up to a size 2 in Luvs. Whatever, we are out of diapers today anyway. Costco trip tomorrow!!
Don't you just want to gobble up the chub? Oh, I love it!! And if you were wondering, here are her stats: 13.3 pounds puts her in the 93rd percentile for weight. 23 inches tall puts her the 75th percentile for height. And I can't remember what her head size was, but she was only in the 25th percentile. But the nurse girl struggled taking the measurement. You would think she would've noticed that and taken it again. But no.
Oh well, she'll just show "remarkable" growth in that area next time. Or maybe she just has a pin head!! Maybe that's why she's been able to hold her head up since like week 2 or 3 of being born. Because it weighs nothing. It was no problem for her from the start. She's just a good strong girl. And I'm glad I don't have to do that for another 2 months.
If you've been wondering why I haven't been posting recently, it's because this is finals week at UVSC. It's over!! Marcelo gets two weeks of vacation and then it's back to school time. On a side note, does anyone know where I can get a good student loan? Or maybe someone wants to buy my hair? Let me know if I have any takers.
Finally, can someone help me with something? So I use Firefox as my web browser. I love Firefox becuase they remember your passwords and they have a spell checker built right in. It underlines your misspelled words in red and alerts you when you need to change it. It's just better, right?
Not so much. See, when you right click on the word that is misspelled, it gives you some word choices. However, they have a very bad system going on. They offer the choices and then RIGHT UNDER the word, they have the option "add to dictionary." Well, my friends, I have a laptop. Those little mouse squares are not the most accurate of tools. And your hand can slip as you are trying to select the offered word and can land on the "add to dictionary" option and you can double click on it before you even know what is happening.
So devoted readers, how do I reset my dictionary? Currently the following words are misspelled in my dictionary: Because (spelled becuase. I make this mistake probably 40 times a day. I HATE THAT THIS ONE ISN'T PICKED UP BUY THE SPELL CHECKER) And Marcelo (spelled marcelo. Not capitalized. Hate that) and just today I added license. Is that right? I don't know. It could be wrong. I don't know!! There's no red line under it!!!
Anyway, if any computer genius knows how to reset my Firefox dictionary for me, I would be eternally grateful. I might even do a little dance for you and post it online.
Friday, August 8, 2008
Traumatizing
Posted by Ali at 1:30 PM
Labels: Confessions, Evelyn, Motherhood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh I TOTALLY shed a tear on her 2 month shots! That was the saddest thing to see my little one hurting! However on the 4 month shots I was prepared to be sad again but I wasn't since I think I knew what was going to happen and that she would be fine. I think the best thing to do next time is give her Tylenol before you get her shots. Then she's feeling good once the pain starts. :)
I'm with you on the shots thing. Why do the MOMS always have to do those appointments? I finally had my husband come to one and Katelyn was already up to date on shots and didn't get any. Sorry but I think it gets worse as they get older and realize what's coming. Tylenol BEFOREHAND is a GREAT thing.
Alicia,
First of all, it *is* spelled license. Secondly, I think I know how to solve your firefox problem.
It's kind of a pain, but you have to go to your profile and find the persdict.dat file, open it using word pad, delete out the words you don't want in there, and then save it again. (Your profile is found at C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxx.default\) I think you'll probably have to restart firefox too...
Anyways, thirdly, the shots really do sound traumatic! Those sweet chubby legs getting all stabbed! Not that I've ever taken a child to get shots, but I agree that the tylenol beforehand is a good idea. I used to have to get blood drawn 1-2 times a week when I was on coumadin, and once I had taken some pain killers before hand for something else and when she put the needle in I said, "Wow--you are really good at that! I barely even felt anything!" Only later did I realize that it wasn't her skill--it was just that my body couldn't feel pain!
THANK YOU MINDY!! I love having past roommates that are geniuses. How do I know that I spelled "geniuses" correctly? BECAUSE MY FIREFOX IS FIXED!!!
Ahh, I really pity those who don't have ex-roommates that are geniuses. You are missing out.
I love her chubby legs and chubby tummy! I mean, I'm SORRY for her hurting. They give those shots RIGHT as you have just bonded with your baby and would throw yourself in front of a bus to save them from any harm or discomfort. Rude! She'll thank you for it later when all the other kids are getting small pox.
Post a Comment