The reason I have been off the map lately is because we have been moving to another apartment. And we don't have Internet there yet until Thursday. So I have to some back to the old apartment to do my email, fill out forms online, look for jobs and watch TiVo. I do miss Tivo. I'll be so excited to get my TV and internet all set up for good. (I feel like Miranda in that one episode where she needs her DSL installed and as soon as she gets it, she's desperate to look at her Tattler online. I have no desire to look at the Tattler. My needs are Blog based)
The good news is that with all that non-TV time, I have finally made it through "100 Years of Solitude" which was much longer than I thought. I'll have a review for you soon. Let's just say it was awesome and fanciful and full of magic. Not like the lame kind of magic where they make a rabbit come out of a hat. But the awesome life lengthening, sleep preventing, ghost seeing type of magic.
Anyway, I just wanted to post a quick blog and tell you that my apartment is hotter than Satan's Balls. I'm sorry if that image is tough for you to take, but it IS. I know some of you say, "oh, I live in Arizona, It's 115 degrees out today" or others say, "In Texas it's been about 100 for 3 months now AND we have 88% humidity" To you people I say the following: Do you have A/C? Do you stay indoors most of the time? And do you have a car with functioning A/C? If you can answer yes to any of these questions, then I win.
I am not kidding when I say that it was 100 degrees INSIDE my house yesterday. Inside, under the shade, in my front room, in the bedrooms. There is no relief anywhere I go. I'm not messing around when I say that I wanted to die. There is a thermometer in our kitchen stuck to the fridge and I looked at it yesterday. I was thinking, "It has to be a hundred degrees in here!!" and then I looked at the thermometer and it confirmed my wild postulations. There is no A/C in the house. The oven is close to the living room and it's "old fashioned" which is a quaint way of saying "no insulation around the metal box pumping out 400 degree heat."
The main part of the house including the living room and the baby's room have windows facing West. That means that from about 3 pm to 8 pm every day, I can cook an egg off my window. And there is no A/C. I did mention that, right? We do have a million fans up and running. But they are only pushing around 100 degree air. We have to suffer in silence until the sun goes down and then the fans can suck in cool air.
Anyway, It's hot. My baby is suffering and it's time to fix this.
Oh, on another note, it's Education Week around here. I think I might go to some classes while my mom watches the baby. We'll see.
And finally, I need to tell you about how I've been waking up at 6 am to exercise. I'm too tired to talk about it right now. Good Night!
6 comments:
Why the heck are you in a place with absolutely no AC?! And why did you move again? You may have said that already in a previous post and I just haven't read it yet. You definitely need to put those window AC's up, I don'tknow how you stand it! Not many things are worse than being bloody hot!
M-i-s-e-r-a-b-l-e! Why did you move? I think I missed that post, too...
Poor Evi with heat rash.
Ooooh, I wanna go to education week. Besides the crowds, that sounds fun. Where is your new place?
Ohhhh, I feel your pain with the internet. When we got back from Washington last Sunday ours was out, and they wouldn't come fix it until WEDNESDAY! Hello, I have to keep up with my blog stalking. And that stinks that your house is so hot. You can come hang out in mine and we can make Oreo shakes. Oh, and we need to go get pedicures, too, and I am sure that will be air conditioned. Let me know if you need any help and/or just a break from the heat!
Sucks. I'm sorry to hear that, but I give you tons of props for getting up at 6 to work out! Way to go.
I guess you could always go to the pool for a cool down. I wish I could swim for exercise, there's nothing better.
Take care!
you are getting up at 6 to exercise and living somewhere with no A/C? It's like you're punishing yourself. You're too awesome, you need punishing.
YES I indeedy remember that hell-hole you lived in. It had a cute clawfoot tub, though! Those were good times, I loved when you were just across the street.
I can handle heat and being hot, but I CANNOT handle being cold. I would take the desert over antarctica anytime.
Love you honey! come up and enjoy my A/C whenever you want!
I am so sorry it is so hot! That is horrible!!!
When I read the title of your post, I could only think about 1 thing....RICHARD SIMMONS! Have you ever done those work out videos? they rock!
Good luck staying cool! Can you get a window AC? We have one and we like it!
Post a Comment