CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

What a hilarious misunderstanding!!


Friday night Reagan asked me if I wanted to come to the Twilight party with her. I said I did, but I didn't know when my baby was going to wake up, I hadn't taken a shower for 2 days and i didn't know when my husband was getting home. I'm glad I didn't commit to going because he didn't get home till like 11:30 pm. Anyway, she did end up going and had a great time. She had wedding cake. I LOVE wedding cake. I'm so mad I didn't go.

But I'm glad I got to see Reagan the next day. See, she invited me to come and crash a baby shower the very next day. Reagan came down for a work baby shower and I went too. It was one of those showers with GAMES and PRIZES. UGH, games. We had the "Don't Say the Word Baby or Lose Your Sticker" game and the "Try to Remember all the Things on This Tray" Game. We left too early, but I'm guessing that later on they had the "What Animal Baby Names Do you Know?"game where you have to pair animals with the names of their young. i.e. Cow/Calf, Kangaroo/Joey. You get it.

I find games lame. You don't need to entertain me!! Just put me in a room with some interesting people and I can make my own entertainment. Don't you have confidence in my intelligence? Also you can put a cake out and then let me fantasize about what it will taste like and when we get to eat it. I could spend 20 minutes alone just doing that that. Ahhh, cake.

Anyway, we left early. Reagan said I had to come to her car and pick something up before I left. She mentioned it like 3 times because she didn't want to forget about it. We walked over to her car and she opened the passenger side. She bent down and picked up something. She came out with the new Twilight book!! I was so shocked!! That was so nice of her to get me one!! I said, "Oh my gosh, you got me one!! That's so nice of you!!!" And she said, "Uhhh. . . .no."

HA!!!!!!! I was laughing so hard at the hilarious misunderstanding. But you don't blame me, do you? She tells me 3 times I need to come get something, and so I don't think I'm crazy for jumping to a conclusion about the thing she pulled out of the car. She later said that she thought for of half second about just handing it over and being like "uhhhh, yeeaaaaah. I DID get you this book!! I even started reading it for you and marked my place in it right here, but you can disregard that" HA! Hilarious misunderstanding indeed. But it was embarrassing for a split second when I was presumptive enough to think that she had bought me one. Oh well, she'll forgive me for that.

So to answer your questions, NO, I don't have the new twilight book. And no, I probably won't buy it either. I'll just wait for Reagan or Lisa to finish it and let me borrow it. I don't have any of the other books either, so I figure why start now?

But could one of you hurry up and finish, please?

3 comments:

Reggs said...

Hilarious misunderstanding indeed!! Oh I still feel like crap. I should have gotten you a book!! (I am almost 1/2 way through the book and then its all yours)
I ended up giving you a picture of the two of us together. FOR YOUR FUTURE MANTLE. I *need* to make the mantle. Heaven knows not making the Alicia mantle can make you feel like CHOPPED LIVER.
Just a question: If you were in a life raft built for two people, and I was drowing, and Judd was drowing and you could only save one of us? who would you save? To sweeten the deal, I am also drowning with a large box of krispy kremes and a jason's deli muffeleta. Let that stew.

Amy said...

Breaking Dawn is the only thing I've heard about for the past 48 hours! The big question going around is--who is your husband more like--Edward or Jacob?

Thanks, Reagan for answering my question of WHAT DID YOU GIVE ALICIA? that went unanswered in the post.

That's hilarious, Alicia! I can totally see why you would have thought that though. (As I was reading, I was thinking--WOAH! Reagan is a REALLY good friend!) Of course, I'm sure she is anyway...but...um....yeah. I'm just going to quit talking.

Breaking Dawn...good.
Alicia...hilarious.

Tchau!

Lisa said...

It so was NOT the same without you there! I mean, we do all crazy activities outside of the house after midnight together, right?! I already have several requests from other friends to go with us curb shopping next time, I think we're going to have to hold a lottery for the one open seat in the van! I was going to hold out and not read the book until my road trip to NM, but I'm giving in and starting tomorrow, I can't stand overhearing people talk about it and possibly ruining it for me!