I've decided to combine day three and four together because nothing really happened on those days. Well, that's not REALLY true. Saturday morning we got up and had plans to go to Sea World. We also wanted to go to the temple because we were married in the San Diego Temple nearly 4 years ago. However, I was pretty sure that it wouldn't happen because I knew that we would be walking a whole lot that day and I would be really tired. But I left the option open in case time (and energy) permitted.
I have to mention that Marcelo tried to get in some exercise so he does like 14 push-ups and calls it good. Delusion. He's seriously got it going on to think that 14 push-ups and then nothing for days will do anything for his physique. Moving on.
That morning, we were having "food issues." By that I mean that we didn't know what to eat and we didn't want to spent lots of money again on the food at the hotel. But what to do? Marcelo once again left the decision up to me, but he kept vetoing all my suggestions. I suggested going and getting something from McDonald's or something else fast. He thinks McDonald's food is crap (I don't think I could really argue with him on that point) but what other option did we have? We didn't know where to find a supermarket, we didn't want to go to the hotel restaurant, and we didn't' want to go to like a Denny's or anything.
And I'm STARVING. I don't think I need to mention that. I'm sure that you all can assume that if I'm awake, then I'm starving. Here's the thing, I know that Marcelo is ALSO starving and it's taking a toll on his mood. (He would never admit that, though). We still are not sure what do do, so we go back to the little restaurant inside the hotel. We still don't know what we want to do and we are like ARGUING in front of our poor waitress. Marcelo's like "Why do you always ask me what I want to do? You never decide."
Well, I WOULD just make a decision if I had any hope that you would like my choice. But when I give you many options, and you say no to all of them, that's when I ask you what you want to do. I finally said, "I just came up with 4 different options for what to do for breakfast. You said no to all of them. It's your turn: you come up with 4 others. GO!"
Well, that finally shut him up. I could see that he's not going to be hospitable in the next few minutes, and in those minutes I NEEDED to eat something. So we just stay there and he orders the fruit bowl and I order a bagel with cream cheese. We eat in silence. I've learned my lesson (remember my previous blog?) and I don't speak to him.
Remember how I said that Marcelo is moody like a woman, but not able to recognize it? Well, I knew that the fact that he was kinda tired and REALLY hungry was taking a toll on his mood. But I couldn't say so. And I knew that once we got to Sea World and he saw a few dolphins do some flips for him, and he got his hands on some Bat Rays, then he would be fine. So I just hauled it as fast as I could to Sea World.
And guess what? I was absolutely right. I'M A FREAKING GENIUS!!! As soon as we walked in (and I went to the bathroom, of course) he was instantly happy. The first thing we did was go to the Walrus & Seal show. As you know if you've ever gone to Sea World, most of the shows and their jokes are geared towards 7-10 year olds and that kind of humor. Wanna know something about Latinos? Their humor is EXACTLY THE SAME.
Think about ANY Spanish "comedy" show. It usually involves people wearing ridiculous costumes (like clowns) slip & fall gags, and a little song and dance with some animal tricks thrown in. That's why Marcelo doesn't think that I'm very funny: I deal more with vocabulary humor, and not so much slip and fall. (However, I do have a GREAT fake fall. After I'm pregnant, ask me to do it for you in a Bed Bath & Beyond. Or maybe walking down the isle of a theater. I actually considered doing it with Reagan last week when we were once again at BB&B, but at the last minute I decided that it wouldn't be the best idea right now, seeing is how I'm 8 months pregnant. Meh!)
Point simple: Marcelo doesn't think I'm "THAT" funny because I don't wear silly clown costumes as I tell lame jokes and make horrible puns. However, everyone else thinks I'm freaking hilarious, so I'll take their opinion as fact. Why? Because that's the opinion I want to believe.
So here are a few pictures from that show:

That person in the photo on the left? Yeah, it's a girl. Marcelo was confused by it's gender for like 10 minutes. He must've asked me like 4 times if it was a boy or a girl. And I always said it's a girl. And then 3 min later, he was like "That's a guy, right?" Oh man, the 4th time I was like, "GIRL! IT'S A GIRL GIRL GIRL!" I still think he didn't believe me 100% and he only would've believed it if he could've seen her naked.
Here are a few pictures from the Dolphin show:

He LOVED the dolphin show. However, I'm going to say this: I think they are letting the animals "rest" during the off season. I mean, I remember when I came to Sea World when I was 13, and those dolphins were flipping the crap out. They had the pole that they put up, and they would keep putting it higher and see the dolphin jump higher and higher to reach the pole.
There was no pole jumping!! There was hardly any "showmanship" from those dolphins! I want to see them spinning in the air, wearing funny wigs and doing my taxes! I PAID GOOD MONEY TO SEE THOSE DOLPHINS DO MY TAXES! What a jip. Actually, I bet it was the same show as when I was young. It's just that now, I'm not as easily impressed as when I was 12. I didn't tell Marcelo that I thought the show was "better" back then. I let his little kid mind soak in all the grandeur of flipping sea mammals.
So when I was last at Sea World when I was 12 or 13, there WAS a dolphin petting area but the dolphins were scared of the people. I bet they had one too many 3 year-olds poke them in the eye. So they wouldn't swim up to you, and that broke my little girl heart. But NOW, they let you buy fish and feed the dolphins. With the prospect of food, those dolphins will come RIGHT up to you and open their mouths. It doesn't even matter if you have a fish or not. You can hold your hand up over the tank PRETENDING to have a fish, and they will come up an open their mouths right up. It rocks because even if you don't want to pay $5 for 4 little fish, you can psych them out and then get a pet on the head in for a quick photo op. (I only did that once. I felt guilty teasing the dolphins.)
So here is Marcelo showing us how he pets them. And then showing the fish he's about to feed the dolphins.
But I think that this picture is my favorite:
The dolphin got too close to comfort for Mar and he pulled his hand away fast. Look at the scared look on his face. And look at the devilish grin on the dolphin's mouth. HA!! That kills me. He totally thought that he was going to lose a hand. So freaking funny. I'm glad I got it on film.
Do you want to see more pictures? If you do, let me know and I'll post them in a slide show or something. But I don't really think you care anymore, do you? I didn't think so.
We were going to stay till the end of the day and see the nighttime Shamu show, but I was SO tired, I just wanted to get home. Oh!! and Marcelo somehow talked me into going on that "Rapids" ride where you and 6 others are in like a big floating tire and you go in this chute of rapids. I think it would've been awesome, had it not been 55 degrees because you get SOAKING WET. I was so freaking cold and I just wanted to sleep.
So that's what we did! We went back to the hotel and Marcelo did some homework. I tried to get some lovin' from him (I mean, we WERE on our second honeymoon, right?) and he was like "I'm doing this homework." And I pretended to be offended/hurt for like 2 minutes, but that was the LAST THING I REMEMBER!! I was so exhuasted I think I fell asleep right in the middle of a pouty sentence asking him why not. . . . ZZZZZZZZZ. Obviously I really didn't want the lovin', I just thought that we should because we were in a hotel. We laughed about it the next morning.
And then next morning we had PLENTY of time to laugh becuase we were driving home. Marcelo of COURSE made me drive through the "busy parts" again. Seriously, I need to do a whole blog on Marcelo's fears. One of them is DEFINITELY driving in busy & unfamiliar places. Even though that makes me nervous too, I always have to suck it up and do it. What a baby.
And we were on our way to Vegas. Why Vegas? Well because we hadn't eaten in nearly 24 hours and we were totally going to eat at the Mandalay Bay Resort for the awesome buffet. And why the Mandalay Bay specifically? Because they have king crab legs and Marcelo has been craving them for months. How many king crab legs did he eat? Guess. Did you guess 17? Then you are right!! Isn't that disgusting? 17 king crab legs, and like nothing else. I of course have 2 plates of food, I SHOULD'VE had more, but I was SOO hungry and thirsty when we sat down, that I had a whole glass of juice before we had even eaten a single thing. Dang juice filled me up!! CURSE YOU DELICIOUS ORANGE JUICE!I still ate enough to make my stomach hurt for the next 3 hours. So it was money well spent.
The drive home was pretty uneventful. Except that we almost ran out of gas again (why won't we learn?) and then it was snowing a little bit as we came into town. It was ironic that it was freezing cold coming back, but I had been sunburned at Sea World the day before and my face was on FIRE. It was very hard to stay comfortable.
But we made it!! We went and picked up Raya, and she was happy to see us. We went home and tried to get the smell of Star Crunches and King Crab leg farts out of our car. I don't think that I'll ever get that smell out of my seats. So if you ever travel in my car in the future, I'm going to apologize for it right now in advance.
Well, that was our vacation. It was really fun, and I'm really glad that we did it. If we ever go back, I'm definitely going to Mapquest some grocery stores. If we only knew where one was, we could've avoided lots of moodiness on both our parts. I also really loved the fact that my ankles were skinny for a few days. I wish I could reclaim that again.
And King Crab legs. I want some of those right now too.
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Vacation- Day Three and Four
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
YAHHHHH SEA WORLD! I never saw the dolphin show, it looks awesome! Although if I ever see it there had better be that pole show. That dolphin pole dancing show. Sounds SWEET.
Don't hate me but that one seal looks phallic to me. I'm thinking, "why is that big dildo on the cement?" It looked way fun, though! More pix, please!
SNAPS on getting that picture of marcelo getting freaked out by the dolphin. Keep him away from tame bunnies and ducklings, they're just as scary. The dolphin looks like he's thinking, "Come on!!! Give me my f**king fish!"
Post a Comment