Today before Marcelo left for school he said, "what is the baby eating"? And I said, "butter". And he jumped up shocked and ran to where she was eating on the counter. As he was running I further clarified, "well, she's eating a piece of bread with butter, but she picks all of the butter off and just eats it plain."
Here is some video attesting to that fact. While I was in the shower, she got into the freezer and found the butter that I keep frozen there. And here is what I found when I got out:
Seriously, if I let this kid eat nothing but dairy all day, she would be in heaven. Cottage cheese, ice cream, yogurt, milk, cream cheese, string cheese, or just plain cheese from the bag. Actually, I buy cheese in bulk and use my food processor to shred it and then I freeze it. And again, while I was taking a shower she got in the freezer and was eating the frozen cheese straight from the bag. That wasn't a problem. I mean how much cheese can a 2 year old eat in 7 minutes?
That is a picture of here enjoying the frozen cheese, and then she's telling me to "back off" so she can eat more. And, if she has an accomplice in the form of a constantly ravenous dog, well, then this is the kind of damage she can do: That whole bag was emptied in 8 minutes. Disgusting.
More food related news: Here is what happened when I was vacuuming the other day.
She found this little bag of flour and seasonings (some dredging flour) in the freezer. Are you seeing a pattern here? I think we need a freezer lock.
Some cute pictures of a baby in a crock pot? Why yes, I have those too!
(She's eating cold, day old rice right from the pan. She loves that!)
And finally, my last "food related" presentation is what happens when you decide to make pooping "me time". I still maintain that I should get to poop in peace, but it's difficult to rationalize that when I come out and find scenes like this.
Happy eating!
Here's some extra credit: If your child goes silent for a while, you can assume she has found a tube of chap stick and is trying to eat it slash apply it.
And if it's cherry chap stick it counts as a fruit in your daily food pyramid.
Delicious!
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Butter
Posted by Ali at 5:45 PM
Labels: Evelyn, Food, Motherhood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow, what a hilarious baby! She is so adorable in her mischief, though, I must say. By the way, was that her talking I heard in one of the movies?? She sure seemed to be saying something, but seeing as how I don't really speak Spanish, I can't be sure.
Oh. MY! I can't believe she eats straight butter. That is hilarious!! My kid would eat about everything dairy (and meat) if I let her but I think she might draw the line at frozen butter... Wow. Thanks for making me feel better about Katelyn. All that mischief is just part of the age, I guess. Did she take a bite out of every single slice of bread. Maybe we DON'T want to get our kids together--they'll show each other their tricks and we'll be in for double the trouble. Evi is totally adorable. Her hair is getting long! Can't wait to see her soon (hopefully)!
YAY! It feels like a long time since I've seen pictures of your cute little girl. She is getting even cuter, I dare say. Mischievous but still very cute.
My kids are huge dairy fans, too. Today for lunch Logan had slices of Colby-Jack cheese (I made him eat some Ritz crackers with them) and a string cheese. And juice, since we had some (he had asked for milk, though). He got home from preschool and requested yogurt for a snack. We buy those huge containers of cottage cheese from Costco and they last three or four days, I think. Butter is not on his list, though. (His list is tragically short.)
I love your posts! You are hilarious and Miss Evi is gorgeous!
um, your baby is a little latin Darby. sorry. i especially love the lip smacking at the end of the chapstick video. she is so cute, for real.
I love Evi- I can't wait to see her this summer. LIncoln likes chapstick too. The peppermint kind. He eats it as fast as he can.
It is hard to have your pooping time, because sometimes you pay for it in the clean up. I was just reading in Noah's memory book that a month after we moved into this house he performed the syrup miracle. It was a miracle that a 2 foot 2 year old could get syrup on the 14 foot bedroom ceiling. I love kid messes. Don't you?
Post a Comment