CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

8 Things? Is that all?

I, like many of you, think these are lame. So I made up my own questions. Mostly because I had nothing to write about and by doing this I was able to talk about things that have been going on around here lately.

8 Useless things I do with my time:
1) Clean out my fridge and try to find out where that horrible smell is coming from. After 2 cleans I'm still not finding it.
2) Looking online to try to find a cheap jogging stroller on KSL. I'm trying to find one. If anyone wants to sell me theirs cheap, I'm totally looking for one.
3) Watch my kid poop her pants. Her shoulders scrunch up and her face gets all red and she grunts a little at the end. The shoulders are the best part. Oh wait, no the best part is me getting to change the diaper at the end.
4) Watch trashy TV (More on that later)
5) Read a combo of lame books and good uplifting insightful books. Right now I'm on my 3rd Malcom Gladwell book. But I have "Gang Leader for a Day" looking at me, so I'm sure that will drop my IQ a few points.
6) Think about when my baby is going to sleep again so I can do other useless things
7) Try to avoid eating.
8) Dream about the day that spring arrives. Walks in the sun, using my new jogging stroller, living in an air conditioned apartment. You know, the GOOD STUFF

8 Horrible shows I watch but can't stop myself from watching
1) Toddlers and Tiaras. Oh my gosh!! These parents are freaking crazy. I don't think it's a coincidence that they are all from the South. They all are holding down their screaming kids and forcing them to dye their hair, wear fake teeth, use fake lashes, tan and wear FULL ON face makeup. And then one of them ALWAYS will say, "Oh, we do all those things, but we don't go overboard." Um, when you shave the legs of your 7 year old, yeah, you are OVERBOARD.

Another quote is "I don't make her do this. She LOVES doing this. And we'll keep doing it as long as she wants to do it" BULLLL CRAAAAAP!!!!! No 2 year old wants to have fake eyelashes glued to their eyelids. And you can see it because half the kids there have meltdowns. JUST ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THIS IS NOT FOR THEM. IT'S FOR YOU!! You know it's for you because YOU take the loss MUCH harder than they do. Ok, done on that rant for now.
2) I Love Money 2. These are the scum of the reality TV world. And I can't get enough.
3) Intervention. This isn't a horrible show like the others (meaning it's not "trashy") but it's so sad. Most people turn to drugs after something horrible or tragic they have experienced in their lives. And that is the saddest thing about it. But it's on my TiVo and I'm compelled to watch it.
4) The Girls Next Door: It's like the WORST show on TV!! Naked girls, some weird polygamous situation, something VERY near pedophilia (his latest girlfriends are barely 18) and a porno magazine. I mean, can you get any worse than that? I cannot stop watching it. It's like crack. Marcelo told me when the baby was born that we needed to stop watching it, because it wasn't good, but we only held out for 2 months. Now we're right back. Oh, and don't be fooled that it's over just because Kendra moved out and is getting her own show. You can be assured that her new show is on my TiVo too.
5) Reno 911. Quasi Cops Style show in the fake-documentary style. Think Waiting for Guffman meets Cops. They are the worst group of cops in the world. But so freaking funny.
6) Paula Dean. I only put her on here because whenever I watch her show, I end up craving SUPER rich foods, and then I make them. It's a horrible show for someone who is on a diet to watch. But I do it anyway.
7) America's Next Top Model. Let's face it. This show is not great. It's not even good. Tyra thinks WAAAAY too much of herself. I honestly don't even know why I watch it. Mostly to see those girls who can't walk fall down. Yeah, that's mostly it.
8) E! True Hollywood Story. They are so crappy, but I will watch them every time they come on. Like right now I'm watching the one with Amber Frey from 2005. THAT'S ALMOST 4 YEARS AGO!!! Why am I watching it? I don't know

8 Things I wish I did yesterday
1) Made a good dinner. Instead I made a dinner so hot and spicy, I'm sure I'm going to be regretting it in about 4 hours. See, I followed the recipe for some "Peanut Thai Chicken" not knowing that there were different levels of hotness for chili sauce. So I bought some at the store and followed the recipe and put 1/4 cup of the stuff in. Oh my goodness, just the smell coming off the pan was enough to clear 0ut my nose and make my eyes water. Poor Marcelo is WAY more sensitive to heat than I am. So he just ate the chicken that was cooked in the sauce (over rice, of course) and I was the only one that had the sauce. Even though he only ate the chicken, it was enough to make him cough a few times. Oh, I SO wish I would've made a good dinner!
2) The dishes. I procrastinate doing them. We have no dishwasher so they pile up and look unsightly. And they start to smell. And then finally I do them. And I always wish I would've done them earlier. Like now.
3) Cleaned the Bathroom. Much like the kitchen I put it off. But we are moving soon, so who cares? I'll clean it really well when we move out
4) Taken my dog to the park. It was SUCH a nice day!! I bet I can still do it today. She deserves some park time.
5) Spoken only Spanish in the house. We are having a really difficult time doing it. And you know why? Marcelo! He can't do it. He's so accustomed to speaking in English that he can't switch back with ease. I remind him about 3 times a day to speak Spanish. Our poor daughter is going to be all messed up when we go back to Ecuador. Sorry BABY!!
6) Washed my sheets. My house is basically a pig sty.
7) Didn't eat Yogurt Covered Pretzels. However, in my defense, I only ate half the package, and it was the only "bad" thing I ate all day. But I still wish I didn't
8) I wish I would've put on a regular bra. I was wearing a sports bra all day in anticipation of going to the gym, and this thing digs into my neck. At least it doesn't dig into my arms (I wear it over my chones, of course) But still, it made me feel dirty all day. Again, I am seeing a pattern here: I am a filthy beast.

8 Things I would break my diet for
1) Paninis
2) Cheesecake balls. I have been looking for an excuse to make them for 3 weeks now. I'll find that excuse one day!
3) Double Stuffed Mint Oreos. They are like Thin Mints with a creamy center. So good
4) Macaroni Grill Bread. Just the bread, though. The other food doesn't tempt me enough
5) Gummi Bears or Gummi Worms. It's been ages since I had them. Pop them in the freezer for a half hour and you will love the extra chewiness.
6) Leatherface's Fries & Traci's Peanut Butter Cup. Last Time I had one I was like 6 months pregnant. I blame fries for 95% of my pregnancy weight gain
7) Sausage. I can't keep it in the house. I eat too much of it
8) A good PB & Blackberry Jam sandwich on nice soft bread. You know you want one now.

8 Things on my to-do list today.
1) Check online for cheap ticket prices to Ecuador. We are definitely going, but we are trying to get the best price possible.
2) Dishes, OF COURSE. Our kitchen is starting to smell like a foot.
3) Take Dog to park
4) Don't eat that bacon in the fridge
5) Make sure my baby stays on schedule
6) Finish Reading Outliers and then go take 3 books back to the library and pick up one
7) Make a NON-SPICY dinner
8) Get to bed at a decent hour. Oh my gosh, my life is so freaking boring.

8 People I have a REALLY hard time forgiving.
1) My old Boss Jean. Enough Said
2) My Father. It's just really hard to forgive someone when they keep doing the VERY SAME THING you just got over. I think I know how HF feels when we sin over and over again doing the same thing. It really makes it hard for him to love us
3) My mission president for not letting me train
4) My mission president for giving me the worst missionary in the mission. Someone who routinely "broke" missionaries (his words) and then following it up with giving me the crazy 66 year old missionary in the next change. Seriously, why?
5) My mother in law for laughing at me when I tried to cook in Ecuador. It's not my fault I'm used to cooking in an oven and not on a stove top! And that you don't have 1/2 the ingredients I'm used to using! Don't laugh at me!
6) That condescending nurse in the hospital that didn't take me seriously. I was going to drop kick her if I saw her again last week.
7) The lady in my ward that asked me 2 months ago if I was new. After living there for 4 months. And then she said she didn't recognize me because I was "wearing a different shirt". You know what, lady? Some people can't afford lots of new clothes. I'm sorry I only have one shirt that looks nice for church. And thanks for pointing it out in front of the entire Relief Society. Way to magnify your calling by magnifying my embarrassment.
8) Oh, let's just throw in a random one here. Mussolini. The "Hitler of Italy". I have a hard time forgiving him.

8 Things I'm looking forward to doing
1) Go to ECUADOR!!
2) Ecuador again. Mostly for the beaches. AND THE FOOD!! And the people. And the fruit. And the food. And my friends there. Quimis, I'm lookin' at you! We are doing lunch the first day I am there, and you know where we are going!
3) Continuing to lose weight. It's slowly coming off. At least I'm moving down the scale, not up.
4) Getting a subscription to the Ensign. It's been probably a year since we've had one. I just keep forgetting to do it. I'm doing it today!
5) Going swimming in the summer. I might take the "mom and me" class at the SCERA. The one that I used to teach ALL THE TIME. I want to check out the skills of the teacher and silently judge them. Oh, and I think my kid will love the water.
6) Marcelo finishing school, him getting a job, and then us finally moving out of Utah. I dream about being away from here. "SEE YA, UTAH!!!"
7) Um, Have I already mentioned Ecuador? I'm REALLY excited about it. Even though it's a 20 hour trip. And that's BEFORE we get on a bus and travel to their house. (Approx another 3-4 hours.) I really hope Evi does well
8) Going to see my brother Jake's new baby. They are in Vernal, and the baby was born today at 10:57 am weighing 7 lbs 6 oz and 19 inches. They named him Brody. Congrats Jacob! You'll be a great dad!

8 Things I can never get enough of
1) My child growls/hisses like a Dinosaur/vampire when she sees me. I'm sure it's because I've done this to her for months now. But it's cute and guttural and I love to hear how she's imitating me.
2) My kid singing, dancing and clapping along with whatever music she hears. Video seen here:

3) Sharing Popsicles with with my kid. (I'm seeing a pattern here)
4) Speaking Spanish with my husband or someone else that is fluent. I've got to get my skills up to par before June!
5) Eating crappy food. I never tire of that
6) Watching my dog and my baby play together. I really think they will be best friends forever
7) Talking and laughing with my friends. Sometimes I feel so cut off because I will go the whole day without talking to a single person. I never get tired of real person to person contact
8) Marcelo dancing. If you haven't seen Marcelo dance, it's quite a spectacle. I would watch him dance till the day I die

8 Funny Nicknames our family has
1) Jake: Boocher Doodie Head-This is a name that Jake gave to himself. Sometimes it cut down to just Boocher. But the full name is definitely Boocher Doodie Head
2) Jake: Hookub- From the Hawaiian song "Hukilau" My mom used to sing it and do the hand motions/dance for us. So we called Jake Huki, And then it changed to Hookub. (Jacob mixed with Huki. DUH!!) Can you tell he's the baby of the family?
3) Me: Cheese. Which comes from the Spanish "Chispas" Which means Sparks or Sparky. Sarah had a friend in High School who lived in Spain while her dad was a Mission President and she called her dog Chispas. And so Sarah started calling me the same. Then it got shortened to just "Cheese"
4) Me: Goobernugget, (of Goob for short) I don't know how this one got started. But I still am called Goobernugget or Goob by my sister Sarah.
5) Sarah: Say. I would call her "Say-rah" a lot, and it got shortened to Say.
6) Evi: Bibiosa or Bibi (Pronounced "Bee Bee"). This one is fun with the repeating sounds. It can be said at a high pitch and she really responds to it. She starts squidging around a lot and is just really cute
7)Evi: Bisiosa or Bisi (Pronounced "Bee See") Again, with the dancing as she responds to it. Marcelo more calls her Bibi and I call her Bisi.
8)Evi: Bider (Pronounced "Bitter"). I don't know how this one came to be. It's definitely my doing. But she turns her head when I call it out. Can also be augmented to be "Bider-ino.

Ok, that's it. My 8 things. I think you all should make up your own list of "8 things". I'm telling you it's a lot more fun an interesting when you it without a template.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I love this post. First of all, I love that we watch all the same trashy TV shows. Why is I Love Money 2 so entertaining? And why do I want the Entertainer to win, even though I know he is a complete tool? I just can't help rooting for him, since he is 30 and lives in his parents basement and delivers pizza. Call me crazy. Um, and ok, what are cheesecake balls, and how can I get some? If you tell me, I will give you my easy recipe for Oreo balls (and if you already know that one, give me the cheesecake balls anyways!). And you should have punched that lady in church. I wear the same skirt every Sunday and just alternate the shirt. Our relief society is split into 2 groups: the old, southern belle ladies, and then the new high maintenance young wives that moved here from "up north" (aka Yankees, haha). When we talked about ways to cut back and simplify our lives Sunday, one girl actually raised her hand and was like, "Eating out is a great way to make things easier! I try not to cook cause it takes up too much of my day." Oh, I'm sorry, it cuts into your manicure and massage appointment to cook dinner for your family? Lame. Anyways, I thought you would like that story. Congrats on your weightloss! I am so jealous! I miss you! I wish we could go get our cheap pedicures again! Maybe you should fly out here and we can enter Evi in a pageant:)

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Great post! It was fun to get to know you better!

Krista said...

Reading this made me realize that it has been too long since I have seen you...sorry, I'm lame. Let's hang out.

Emily said...

It's comforting to know that someone else's sheets are dirty too.

Amy said...

I love this post! Your 8 are WAAAAYYY more interesting. And I have to say Double Stuffed Mint Oreos are B-L-I-S-S! I just discovered them at Thanksgiving and I now have a secret stash of them in the fourth drawer of my dresser. Shhhh! Don't tell Danny.

Way to go on the weight loss!! I need a page out of your book. Maybe if I got rid of that aforementioned stash....

So I'm suddenly feeling totally and completely out of the loop. Where are you moving to? And when?