Marcelo is really liking his drafting classes. I'm just glad he found a major he likes. Now maybe we can get this graduation thing going. Anyway, in one of his classes he has to type up the minutes from the previous class and then read them out loud in front of the whole group. He's the class secretary (insert obligatory gay joke here).
Well last week, they had a guest speaker come to their class and talk to them about what they might encounter in a job interview. He gave them some potential questions that they might be asked, and one of them was "What are your strengths and weaknesses?"
Marcelo took one look and tried to find some other way of wording that phrase so he wouldn't have to say "strengths" in front of the whole class.That word scares him.
So I took a piece of paper and on it I wrote:
STRANKS
I told him to say the word "stranks" instead of "strength" because when you say it fast, it comes out as "stranks" anyway. He did, and it sounded perfect. He's lucky he has such a freaking brilliant wife that can make up semi-gross sounding words for him. I really need to start being paid for these ideas.
But first I need to jump in the shower. I just got back from the gym and I'm smelling pretty strank right now.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Stranks and Weaknesses
Posted by Ali at 11:03 PM
Labels: A funny thing happened, Marcelo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is awesome!!! I love Spanglish, but this is even better- invented English words to sound like strange English words...what are you going to call your invention/language?
what did he practice for "weakness"? I usually just say "wheat thins". People get it.
Stranks and Wheat Thins.
You COULD get paid for your idea--as a teacher or a Mad Gab game developer!
Oh my gosh, he must keep you laughing a lot!
Post a Comment