CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ecuador, HERE WE COME!!!

I bought our plane tickets today. Does everyone get that little adrenaline rush when they buy something that they know is non-refundable? I know I do.

And the websites kept changing the prices on me. One time it would be $538 and then I would go to the website, and they said the price jumped to $714. I was getting REALLY upset. But then I read something online that told me the best time to look for tickets is Tuesday night at midnight. So I did it last night, but then I was too tired to do an extensive search. Plus baby was asleep and I worried about waking her.

So I just took care of it right now. And I got a great deal!! I'm so excited, it's really happening. Baby girl is going to LOVE it!! The cobblestone streets, the toothless merchants, the beaches. Oh, I'm so excited!!!

I really want to post some pictures here, but I can't put in any of my own photos because I don't have a scanner. Nor do I have the photos on disks. But I do have tons of them. I've been meaning to convert those to CD's for a while. Does anyone know where I can get that done cheap.

Anyway, I'm going to post some pictures I found online:

Here's the Ecuadorian White House. Look how unprotected it is.
I asked Marcelo and he said the president doesn't live there all the time like our president lives in the D.C. White House. But still!! Maybe put up a fence or something? Moving on.

This is Volcano Tungurahua
That's not something unusual to see it going off all the time. This volcano was ALWAYS spewing ash all over.

The markets:
where I will be feeding my Maracuya addiction daily

And finally the beaches
Oh, I'm so excited to go!!!

5 comments:

georgiavargas said...

I know a rally really cheap place the address is 63 W 165 S YEAHHHH
come over and you get a great deal! How about FREE?? plus a snack?
I have a scaner! we can put ALL your pic on cds and have a playday!!
I´ll love to have you girls over!
We haven´t see you in a while!
LOVE YA

hil said...

oh man, that made my heart ache. i would swear that the pictures of tungurahua and the market were taken in Riobamba! i have a ton of pictures of Tungurahua and te digo that volcano is ALWAYS spewing ash like that. always and it never stops. i was told that the ash lands in Colombia, where it belongs. i've never seen an Ecua beach, for obvious reasons, but man oh man i am jealous of you. what days will you be in my homeland?

Reggs said...

you will be missed! it looks like so much fun, and you'll get to bond with your in-laws. Take lots of pictures with Evelyn!!

Gooch Family said...

How fun that you get to go back!! It's been forever. I'm sure little Evi will love it. Don't forget the camera so you can post when you get back.

Hoolie said...

I WANT TO COME WITH YOU GUYS!!