CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

What to post, What to post . . .

I'm in a posting rut. I don't know what to post. I think that I've exhausted the subject of my family, my pregnancy, hiding my pregnancy from my family, job, my horrible boss, my horrible co-workers and hiding my pregnancy from my my horrible job, boss and co-workers. And my dog. You have all heard plenty about my dog

Also, I start to feel that I'm whining about things. I do not want to be a whiner. I want to be refreshingly funny, whimsical and poignant. That's hard to do when you have no interesting topics to discuss.

What should I do? Should I tell you about what happened when I went to the bathroom in a hospital last night? Well, there was a drain in the floor in the middle of the room and every time I flushed the toilet (Yes, this was a MULTIPLE flush visit) I could see water swirl around the drain. That made me nervous. Was the water coming directly from my toilet and passing through the drain in the middle of the room before it went down to the place toilet water goes, but we don't talk about? I looked for particles in the swishing water, but I never saw any. It didn't do anything to calm my toilet fears.

Why would water be swishing around that drain for any reason? I mean, shouldn't that drain be an "exit only" situation? Why should I be seeing water coming up at all? Isn't it just there in case the toilet or sink floods? It's very upsetting when you flush the toilet and see water moving around your feet. I don't suggest you try it.

I don't think my blog readers would appreciate toilet talk. So I DEFINITELY won't be blogging about that. So should I blog again about how my feet look like little pork sausages? Should I maybe take a picture of my foot and post it here and show everyone how I no longer have any muscle or tendon definition in my foot? Should I talk about how when I wear my shoes my flesh balloons over the top of my foot before it is pushed into the front?

Should I point out that you should be sure to look at the nice little fat crinkle/crease at my ankle? And i'll for sure remind you to notice how the water retention causes BOTH sides of my ankle to be puffy, creased, and all together revolting.

I don't think that you want to be reminded again about how my ankles jiggle when I walk, how I can't bend my foot certain ways because the flesh backs up over itself and makes a nice little wall of water retention goodness. I think I've exhausted the topic of my fat feet, so I'll just have to find something else to talk about.

What about my job? I mean, I can only guess that of my nearly 30 posts, more than half of them talk about my job, my boss and the crap I have to put up with there. Do you really want to hear about that again? Do you really want to hear about how I get yelled at every day? About how I'm the only person doing everything in my office, and rather than my boss and co-workers being APPRECIATIVE towards me, the only one who knows how to do everything and run all the systems of the office, they instead are short tempered and quick to yell at me for not getting things done fast enough? Do you want to hear about that?

Heather and Alyssa will know that it's difficult to train someone, especially when you are all alone. It's better when an assistant is going to be leaving and we hire a new assistant and the one leaving can focus 100% on just training. When you are trying to train, and the phone keeps ringing, or the agents keep dropping things on your desk, or Jean keeps leaving voice mails telling you that she needs you to pick up her prescriptions at Costco, that's when things get bad. Should I talk about that? You probably don't want to hear about that, right? I didn't think so.

I'm officially stuck. Please let me know what the next topic of my post should be. Otherwise I might be forced to talk about one of the three topics above. And we know how bad THAT would be.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, Alicia! That picture of your foot makes MY feet hurt! I SO remember that. Trust me, after you are pregnant, this is something you WILL NOT miss! When I was pregnant with Noah, we went to Las Vegas and my feet swelled SO much that we had to stop at the closest shoe store (The Shops at Ceasars Palace) and Joel seriously sang Karaoke in front of everybody to get 20% off my new shoes, which were one and a half sizes bigger than the ones I usually wore! I feel your pain girl!

Gooch Family said...

yea definitely the worst part of being pregnant is the swelling! I was so excited to have my feet back to normal and my shoes to fit well again.