I hope all of you had a good Balentimes Day. Mine was ok. At about 3:30 I received a call from my mom and she told me that my brother had call her. He said, "Sooooo, what are you doing for Valentine's Day?" My mom told him that she, Marcelo and I were going to have a lasagna dinner together. And then he said, "Oh. Can we come over?"
So that's how he ended up over at my house last night eating my food and letting his dog run around my living room. The dinner was freaking awesome (because I made it, of course) but the desert was less effective. My mom was going to get Lofthouse cookies, but when she got to the store, they were all gone. At that point, I think that she should've bought some thing chocolate and/or ice cream like. She did not. She bought some un-frosted sugar cookies, a tub of low-sugar icing and 1 small bag of M&M's. Bastard.
Dessert was not great. I'm going to have to go make myself a sundae to help wash the memory of that horrible dessert from my mind.
Speaking of desserts, Lynn and I were talking about food today. (Reagan, you have a rival for food talk. You know I can't go more than 4 hours without talking about food) The conversation started my telling her that my hands smelled like bologna. The pre-molded kind where you have to remove the red tape around the outer rim before you eat it and you have to pick out suspicious little black things out of the nut meat.
She said that that kind is her FAVORITE and that growing up she was never allowed to have it. So she said that when she came to college she had at least 2 of those sandwiches a day. Did I mention that when she had those sandwiches they were fried. I think that is the best thing I've ever heard.
I said that my childhood decadence was Little Debbie snack cakes. And I never got to have them, so as soon as I came to school, I ate FAAAAAAR to many of them. I told her that 25 of the 40 pounds I put on my freshman year were due to these little fantastic pieces of sugared heaven.
She said that she LOOOVES zebra cakes. She said that if she had a choice between zebra cakes and sleeping with Enrique Iglesias, she would most like choose the zebra cakes.
I had to agree with her. Who knows what kind of lover Enrique is. Yes, he's fantastically Latin and smarmy, but how quick is he? I mean, I'm going to be cheating on my husband and forfeiting 2 zebra cakes in the process. This is a big risk. I mean, with 2 zebra cakes, I know how long they will last, and how high my level of enjoyment will be with them. With Enrique, however, there is no such guarantee! That is a risk I don't think I'm willing to take!!
The morale of the story breaks down thusly; My knowledge of Zebra cakes:secure. My knowledge and trust in the lovin' skills of Enrique Iglesias:not so secure. It's really not a hard decision when you put colons in your sentence.
Guess what? I tricked Jean into giving me Monday off. How did I do that, might you wonder? Well, Martin Luther King Day was the first Monday that Lynn was gone. Everyone else was gone out of the office too. All the banks were closed, the title company was closed and so were all the mortgage companies. But I still had to come in and do nothing all day. And the Friday before, Jean said, "Oh, Monday is a holiday? But you don't get it off right?" I said, "Uhhhhh. . . " and she said, "I think you don't get this Monday off, but you get President's Day off, right?"
I knew for a FACT that we got neither of them off. So I quickly said, "Yeah, that sounds right." She said, "Go check the book" and I said "Oh I've seen it. That's right." And then guess what I did? I changed the book. (Heather, why didn't we think about this before? You KNOW that she has no idea what's going on unless she sees it in the book) I changed the book to give the assistants more days off. I forgot that the book actually says that you only get those days AFTER you have worked for a year. What a joke!
So, the next assistants can thank me. Even though Jean will probably try to change it later when she finds out what I did, but whatever, I'll be gone by then.
And finally, I was going to put this bacon flow chart on my blog, but I couldn't get it big enough to be clear. I really like bacon, and I think all of your do too, so you will totally be able to relate with me on this bacon-y turn of events. I'm just going to have to put the link. Please enjoy.
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/PinkRevival/lmao/?action=view¤t=baconflowchart_700.jpg
Friday, February 15, 2008
Happy Balentimes Day!
Posted by Ali at 8:19 PM
Labels: Food, Lobsters, Summit Sucks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You know, you have a VALID point about the zebra cakes. I'm glad you talked me through that one. I wish I could break those tough ones down. But, that's what I have you for, right? I might have made a life altering mistake. PHEW!
Ummmm...GENIOUS! What were we thinking all those years not just changing the book?!! Seriously I'm so pissed off we didn't think of that earlier! Well I'm glad you get Monday off. Hope you make it an awesome day and what better way to do that than starting it off with some bacon, mmmmmm
Post a Comment